It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Jumps the gun in NC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
My point is "the angry mob" shouldn't have to demand it.
It should be READILY available.
That's the whole point of having the body cams.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Again, there is a process. Immediately releasing the tape does not quell a mob nor does it necessarily show guilt or innocence.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Release all tapes in their entirety. I'm fully capable of watching them and making up my own mind who is responsible. I don't need someone else telling me what a video shows.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
True
But it is transparency
Which is much needed today imo.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Release all tapes in their entirety. I'm fully capable of watching them and making up my own mind who is responsible. I don't need someone else telling me what a video shows.

Huzzah!

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

No I am not kidding.
There should be NO issue in releasing the body cam footage. It is WHY they have body cams in the first place.

As to the Ohio incident, it was absolutely justified.
So is that your proposed standard for releasing the footage, only when it shows the police justified?

Every state has different laws on releasing body cam footage.
So no.. the footage should not be released until the lawyers get involved.

Specially concerning identification, individuals, and victim rights.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

If you watch the video of the Sherriff, he says he's rather have the video out to everyone, but NC has a law against releasing it until certain things happen. the Sherriff has done everything he can to release the video, all of it.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

They are busy shopping for houses and spending the donations

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
I applaud the Sheriff for that.
Imo in cases like this that kind of transparency is needed.
I would rather have the body cam available than the neighbor across the street ring video.

edit on 28/4/2021 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
The media is pushing these stories for ratings and the full time race hustlers know there is a pot of gold waiting if they can build enough outrage.

Unfortunately, too many people are sheeple and can't see the propaganda even though it should be obvious. The data is clear there is no epidemic of black men being killed unnecessarily by the police. Yes, it does happen, but it is hardly a trend or some substantial number of incidences.

Right! 160 killed by police Q1 of this year. 30 of 160 were Black.

Sharpton, Jackson, Obama, etc., say all 30 were innocent Black victims of mass systemic racism!

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Except the body camera footage in this case could jeopardize the future of ongoing investigations. My guess is there was an undercover officer or two and they need to make sure that their cover isn't blown.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ltdan08
a reply to: shooterbrody

Except the body camera footage in this case could jeopardize the future of ongoing investigations. My guess is there was an undercover officer or two and they need to make sure that their cover isn't blown.

And they let the family and their legal team watch it.
And the Sheriff wants to release it, the Sheriff wouldn't want to put his people in harms way now would he?
There is no good reason to delay it imo.
Sunshine is always the best disinfectant.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
The media is pushing these stories for ratings and the full time race hustlers know there is a pot of gold waiting if they can build enough outrage.

Unfortunately, too many people are sheeple and can't see the propaganda even though it should be obvious. The data is clear there is no epidemic of black men being killed unnecessarily by the police. Yes, it does happen, but it is hardly a trend or some substantial number of incidences.

Truth!

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: carewemust

Has there been much outrage from people who "say" they care about Black Lives, over the hundreds of Black-on-Black murders so far this year?

No. You're not supposed to even bring it up. In fact, some BLM people are now demanding that you shouldn't even be
allowed to discuss it. I guess they mean on TV and radio talk shows. I'm not sure. I heard it mentioned on a podcast recently.

Don't bring up black-on-black crime!

A website that has articles like "The 6 Best Blackety-Black-Black Ways to Celebrate Juneteenth, Ranked"

Yeah I'll pay attention to what they say. They seem very progressive, egalitarian and scientific. lol

Honestly I cannot relate to forming an identity around my genetics, sexual preferences, political leanings etc, and not something like how I behave as a human being and nothing more.
Oh well, I am Asperers, maybe it's time I literally became Aspergers, instead of myself.

Now don't criticise me and my actions. To do so is to make fun of Aspergers. You only feel like you do about me because Aspergers ya bigots. I cannot help being an asshole. I'm an Aspie and it's everyone elses fault!!!
Someone once bullied an Aspie. Gimme stuff!

Hmm nah, that just feels retarded. Oh well I tried.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:33 AM
link   
A lot of factors in race relations are completely ignored which is why I do not think politicians and BLM want a real solution. If one drills down to the demographics by saying the county then often it is other races who are the minority. Special treatments of one race over the other in these cases are actually disenfranchising true minorities of a community. Not attempting to take away that people are treated differently because of the way they act or look, but attempting to continuously point at things that occur as racism without looking at the demographics locally is very short-sighted and only drives true minorities to further segregate to areas where their ethnicity is a majority due to the true unfair treatment of minorities.

The dividing of states and giving those states independence to govern while abiding by the bill of rights was the founder's intent because folks should be governed at a more granular level that fits their specific needs.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The Sheriff released the names of the officers involved in this event.
Still no body cam footage.
Sick bs

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The Sheriff released the names of the officers involved in this event.
Still no body cam footage.
Sick bs

stupid NC laws are to blame. Sherriff would rather have this out in the open yesterday to end the stupid protests, but it can't happen until the court says so.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Some people here don't appreciate transparancy, they love the police, and think every sh%tty thing they do is somehow justified. I'm not judging this incident, as we have no idea what happened.
edit on 2-5-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Some people here don't appreciate transparancy, they love the police, and think every sh%tty thing they do is somehow justified. I'm not judging this incident, as we have no idea what happened.

did you see the interview from the Sherriff?

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: vonclod

did you see the interview from the Sherriff?

I have seen a few, doesn't mean I believe him, seen lots of liars defend their officers.

Check out this guy, a police trainer who get off on killing people..literally. This kind of guy is not needed.
indianexpress.com...

edit on 2-5-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join