It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Jumps the gun in NC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

FoxLiveBlogTeam
REPORTER
52 minutes ago
District Attorney Andrew Womble told a judge at the hearing Wednesday that Andrew Brown Jr.’s car made contact with deputies twice as it backed out of the driveway before law enforcement opened fire.

“As it backs up, it does make contact with law enforcement officers,” he said, adding that the car stops again. “The next movement of the car is forward. It is in the direction of law enforcement and makes contact with law enforcement. It is then and only then that you hear shots.”

Womble argued that body camera video from the shooting, a portion of which was shown to the family on Monday, should be kept from the public for another 30 days so that the State Bureau of Investigation can make progress on their probe of the shooting.

It seems Mr. Brown used his car as a weapon and tried to run over, or at least bump into the police twice before they shot him. Now I hate to see anyone killed, but you can't do this and expect to have everything go your way. This was good to hear from the Sherriff:

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Pasquotank County Sheriff Tommy Wooten II speaks with Fox News ahead of court hearing in Elizabeth City, N.C. on the release of body-camera footage showing the fatal deputy-involved shooting of Andrew Brown Jr.

“I truly want this video to be released. I, in fact, requested that the petition be filed to have this video released to the public,” Wooten said. “Transparency is paramount not only for an agency, but for the community as well, because it helps us keep that trust with the community.”

“No one has to worry about the sheriff's office trying to hide anything,” Wooten told Fox News’ Griff Jenkins. “We're just not going to do that, you know, period. The sheriff said that any suggestion his office intentionally withholding any part of the video is “completely not true.”

He is aware of the stakes and seems confident that his deputies did the right thing.

But I have to wonder, is this going to be the "new normal" anytime a black man is shot by police? Protest first, find facts second? There were arrests made in the protests and it seems folks got all pumped up on hatoraide, for the wrong reasons. At what point will these same people who claim to care about Black Lives accept responsibility for the fact that if these particular Black Men weren't breaking the law, they would not be having encounters with the police. And once you have decided to break the law, and you are caught, trying to run, fight, resist, is a super bad choice on top of the other bad choices that were made to put themselves in this situation to begin with.

I think it's time for the MSM to be truthful in reporting, and show the real numbers of how many black men are killed by police, then break that down to unarmed black men, and black men who didn't resist arrest. Then for the LOLZ, show the other races numbers. I'm sure the division game is going well, but it's getting a bit old, and I don't think the race war they are going for is going to take place. May as well find a new dead horse to beat.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

How many Black people killed other Black people since the White police officer shot Andrew Brown?

Answer: Many!

Has there been much outrage from people who "say" they care about Black Lives, over the hundreds of Black-on-Black murders so far this year?

Asking 4 a friend...

edit on 4/28/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The media is pushing these stories for ratings and the full time race hustlers know there is a pot of gold waiting if they can build enough outrage.

Unfortunately, too many people are sheeple and can't see the propaganda even though it should be obvious. The data is clear there is no epidemic of black men being killed unnecessarily by the police. Yes, it does happen, but it is hardly a trend or some substantial number of incidences.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's only black people killed by police. When a white guy was shot, they runt off once they found out he didn't have the proper amount of melanin. It's almost as if they are being controlled by an outside force........

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
They could just release the taxpayer funded body cam footage (which belongs to the taxpayers), like they did QUICKLY in Ohio; and this would be no issue.
Transparency in law enforcement is key.
Seems it can be released in hours sometimes and other times not at all.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
The media is pushing these stories for ratings and the full time race hustlers know there is a pot of gold waiting if they can build enough outrage.

Unfortunately, too many people are sheeple and can't see the propaganda even though it should be obvious. The data is clear there is no epidemic of black men being killed unnecessarily by the police. Yes, it does happen, but it is hardly a trend or some substantial number of incidences.

I think what pisses me off the most, is that there is a problem with black people and the relationship with police. Whatever the reason, you have a better chance of a negative encounter if you are black, based on what we hear from many different people and places. Knowing that, BLM has the nations attention, they have the backing of the MSM (maybe more like control factor, but I digress) and they are wasting the momentum and power. They could enact meaningful change in the nation, and likely the world. Of course that might require some acceptance of responsibility, and a recognition of some other factors that make all this possible, but it's not something that can't be done.

But as long as the leaders get some new houses, it's all good. they deserve them.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Has there been much outrage from people who "say" they care about Black Lives, over the hundreds of Black-on-Black murders so far this year?

No. You're not supposed to even bring it up. In fact, some BLM people are now demanding that you shouldn't even be
allowed to discuss it. I guess they mean on TV and radio talk shows. I'm not sure. I heard it mentioned on a podcast recently.

Don't bring up black-on-black crime!

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
They could just release the taxpayer funded body cam footage (which belongs to the taxpayers), like they did QUICKLY in Ohio; and this would be no issue.
Transparency in law enforcement is key.
Seems it can be released in hours sometimes and other times not at all.

Are you kidding?
The ohio shooting was completely justified since the girl shot was literally in the act of stabbing another girl but all I'm hearing is the cops shot a girl.

This is just another example of a family winning the golden coffin lottery.

The only way for the cops to win is to show up and sort the bodies after the fact.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
video.foxnews.com...=show-clips
video interview with the Sherriff, for anyone interested.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I think what pisses me off the most, is that there is a problem with black people and the relationship with police. Whatever the reason, you have a better chance of a negative encounter if you are black, based on what we hear from many different people and places. Knowing that, BLM has the nations attention, they have the backing of the MSM (maybe more like control factor, but I digress) and they are wasting the momentum and power. They could enact meaningful change in the nation, and likely the world. Of course that might require some acceptance of responsibility, and a recognition of some other factors that make all this possible, but it's not something that can't be done.

But as long as the leaders get some new houses, it's all good. they deserve them.

I fear we’re getting past the point where that’s a possibility. The fact that there are people out there that truly believe they want to, literally, ban all police goes to show how far off the rocker some of these people have gotten. The accountability is completely removed the way it’s moving now, it’s a big ass get out of jail free card and unfortunately, there’s a lot of people who are going to treat it as such to the fullest extent.

There are plenty of black people out there who don’t feel the BLM route is the way to go and it’s refreshing to hear them speak. I posted it a while back, a discussion Brett Weinstein had with some black intellectuals, just him and 7-8 of them and even though their all had different POV’s, there was none of this “That’s cuz the white man” shtick. But those people are drowned out or labeled racist sympathizers or self-haters.

The majority of people will always take the easy way out and it can’t get any easier than passing the buck, especially when there’s plenty of people who are more than willing to say that it’s not their fault they had the buck to begin with.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

BLM is a business and it gets the most donations when there is chaos, anger, and confusion. They by no means want to end the violence, it puts them out of business. They grossed 90 million last year.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
No I am not kidding.
There should be NO issue in releasing the body cam footage. It is WHY they have body cams in the first place.

As to the Ohio incident, it was absolutely justified.
So is that your proposed standard for releasing the footage, only when it shows the police justified?

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
They have to go with the racism millions of evil police officer "big lie"... otherwise, how do they explain minority populations in liberal areas being responsible for 50% of all crime in this country?

To do anything else would admit a total failure of liberalism

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

No I am not kidding.
There should be NO issue in releasing the body cam footage. It is WHY they have body cams in the first place.

So is that your proposed standard for releasing the footage, only when it shows the police justified?

You do realize there are laws that prevent the release of the body cam footage in most cases? This is why they aren't often released immediately as there is a process that has to be followed...

I agree that footage should be available, but you also have to control the "noise" that results from the public only having partial information while investigators do their jobs. Video does not often tell the ENTIRE story and the POV is sometimes not as it seems.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

No I am not kidding.

Every state has different laws on releasing body cam footage.
So no.. the footage should not be released until the lawyers get involved.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I disagree with any law that hinders transparency.
When the body cam footage is in public, there is NO expectation of privacy. The cams and footage from are owned by the taxpayer.
The argument that the video footages in any way "taints" anyone is bs. The video is what it is.
These cases ARE EXACTLY why body cams exist in the first place.
By delaying release shade is thrown on the officers and department, real or imagined.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Why should a lawyer get in the way of justified actions by the police?
Especially when there is no expectation of privacy in public?
Security cam footage of a truckload of officers on the way to the scene has LEGALLY been released.
No lawyers got in the way of that.
There is no better disinfectant than sunshine.
If justified the release would end "the noise" previously mentioned.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

All shooting incidents go into review so the public release of the footage has no bearing on justification.

The police are under no obligation to release body cam footage because the angry mob demands it.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Right. And the same thing is happening with the Asian attacks.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think BLM is aiming for the 'Ban All Police in Black Neighborhoods' thing. I don't think that's a good idea but hey, why not just give them what they want and see what happens?

I would also note that there a growing number of Black law-abiding citizens under-represented in the media.

edit on 28-4-2021 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join