It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ice Cream machine is broken?...Again???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I used to go to McDonald's five days a week while working. Basically just the coffee. That stopped around 2016 when they went combat and began selling a "Starbucks" flavor coffee. I hate the Starbucks flavor.

You can also tell the BEST McDonalds by the quantity of seagulls at the dumpster. Not only is the food nutritious but fresh as they are adhering to federal, state and local government policy and tossing the expired food into the dumpster.

Then again we have this

Mcbroken.com

A real time McDonald's broken machine web site. Yes many times I could not get a Mc Shake

And........................

They Hacked McDonald’s Ice Cream Machines—and Started a Cold War

edit on 28-4-2021 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 28-4-2021 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
No BS, I was in the McD's drive thru last night after little league practice. Just as I was about to order, a lady comes out the back door and tapes a sign above the speaker, "Ice cream machine is broken, sorry for the inconvenience."

Just last week, they had the same sign for the frozen lattes. My daughter loves them.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: jjkenobi

LOL!

...or Wendy's, or BK, or In-and-Out, or Chick-Fil-A! Nope, just McDonald's.

The detail and research they did for this video is awesome. That was some serious research too!

I watched this video! It was great! The website that monitors all the Mcdonalds is funny as hell!

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: TechnoAssassin1

And, I'll bet you thought the same thing I did when you saw it....yeah, why ARE they broken all the time? Right?

LOL!

Exactly that lmao

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Refreshing topic! S&F. Having Biden fatigue.

I went to a McD's in L.A. a month back and ordered a Vanilla thinking I was gonna get Ice Cream. Nope. Frozen Yogurt. I have ordered cones countless times and have never experienced this. Has this happened to anyone else?

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The Ice Cream machine is broken ...Again

Follow the Money wins ... Again

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I saw this the other day, I'm done with McD's anyway..been there 3 times in the last year, and it was disappointing..even for Mcd.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blowback

In a way, sort of...yes. It's not even really 'obsolescence' as much as it is 'planned breakdowns requiring "the guy" (to be called)'.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

And the fact that some Indian guy created a tracking site like that is even more funny! I mean, who would ever think of doing something like that??? That wasn't easy, and the statistics he exposed with it are absolutely amazing! Really kind of makes you wonder how many other collusive business practices could be exposed with similar statistics.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Funny and interesting!
Someone I know went to get a shake one day about 3 weeks ago and then proceeded to phone me telling me the story: The order taker lady took the shake order, took his money, and at the following window, he was told the machine was broken--only after paying for his shake. Now get this, the lady was giving him attitude about giving the money back--so he complained and now he gets free shakes for a while (it was either the whole month, several months, or a year, I can't remember).
He hasn't encountered a broken ice cream machine since... maybe he broke the system at his local McD's for a little while hahaha

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

I have not been to a McDonald"s in over twenty years. I never had their ice cream, and the last time I had one of their shakes, has to be way back around the 80's.

I probably stopped eating their burgers when they stopped charging twenty fives cents for them. My favorite was their fish sandwiches and their fries.

I have never liked frozen yogurt, but I will drive over fifty miles for a good frozen custard.
edit on 28-4-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Corrected spelling error.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just think that all of this is over a simple ice cream machine, makes one think of what else in Government/State Contracts that play the same game.

BTW, I like the quarter pounder every now and then, haven't had one in over a year, but is it me or have they made their buns sweet?

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Yeah, they changed their buns (twice now) and I don't like either of them. I wish they'd go back to the original...less bun. I think they've tried to make the bun bigger so the burger seems bigger. (probably so the money grubbers can jack up the prices).

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
@Tulpa.....its your phone, or laptop.....it listens to your conversations......so my computer told me lol
edit on 28-4-2021 by TechnoAssassin1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So, most McDonalds in Alaska sell Tillamook scoop ice cream Baskin Robbin's style, with a cooler containing big ass cans of the ice cream so you can watch the server scoop your treat through the cooler's angled glass window. Is this not a thing in the Lesser 48? I see the "ice cream machine broken" meme a lot and, honestly, it confuses me. Why would anyone want WTF-ever the frozen gelatanous mass soft serve glop is made from when they could get honest to God ice cream scoops from the same place?

ETA: This is coming from someone who hasn't had McDonald's in over 2 years. Long ago, like around 2010, they had a really decent big breakfast burrito which I really liked. It had egg, a couple sausage patties broke in half, and a hash brown broken in half with a couple slices of cheese and was served with little packets of a half way decent salsa. These seem to have been largely regional, as hardly anyone outside the Pacific Northwest seems to have ever heard of them. They were the antithesis of those puny little #s they sell as breakfast burritos nationwide. This was an actual burrito in a full size burrito tortilla. When heading for an early morning fishing or hunting trip, grabbing 2 of them would tide me over until the end of the day. They stopped selling them 7 or 8 years ago and I pretty much quit Micky Ds afterward.
edit on 28-4-2021 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechnoAssassin1
@Tulpa.....its your phone, or laptop.....it listens to your conversations......so my computer told me lol

I'm still waiting for my free slip mats!

Excuse my little joke there. There was a thread about this very topic not long ago. It may well be listening to me but it's a terrible listener.
Don't go to, or talk about "famous burger chains".
Whatever algorithm it uses either hates me or knows I'm not a wealthy target for advertising. Never seen any adverts for anything I'm remotely interested in and YouTube just throws random rubbish at me .

I was also kinda hoping FCD had found that when the ice cream machine was "broken", it was really being used as a secret time machine.
Hidden in plain sight and "the guy" who comes to fix it is secretly a time traveller on a life saving mission to smooth out some world ending paradox.

But......just $$$

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, yours is one of the special McDonald's, and there are a few. Pretty rare though. I've been to one in Park City, Utah one time. And another one in HI. I think they're called "Test Stores" or "Pilot Stores", or something like that, I forget. All other McDonald's are mandated to follow the corporate process down to the letter (without exception too). I used to know a franchise owner in Wy. All the machines are placed a certain way, the food all served exactly the same way. It's more regimented than the military in some respects.

The test stores are were McDonald's pilots new foods to gauge consumer reaction. Yours must be one of these. Again, pretty rare. The one I was in at Park City served McPizza (which was actually pretty good). The other one I was in on Honolulu served McSushi (and it was nast-ee!). They also had lots of other deviations from the normal McDonald's menus.

ETA - And if I'm not mistaken, these test stores are not owned by any franchise, they are owned by McDonald's corporate directly. I know of 2-3 McDonald's in Utah who lost their franchise license by doing some kind of freelancing. The owners turned them into a McDonald's type fast food joint, and one of them even got sued for being too much like McDonald's (i.e. he left too much of the original branding, like the roof, on the building).

ETA 2 - On a related note, in Malaysia McDonald's has relaxed some rules. So, for example, the word "ham" has been deleted. The menu reads only 'Beef burgers' (no hamburgers). And Egg McMuffins are not served with Canadian Bacon...just cheese and ketchup. McRib, obviously, doesn't make an appearance there! LOL!
edit on 4/28/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I know!

Bummer, huh?

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well, hopefully you can admit the topic is at least a decent diversion from politics.

Just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'd just go to Gwennie's, and blow off Mickey D's altogether!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join