It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ice Cream machine is broken?...Again???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Now this is pretty entertaining. Just the other day I went to the McDonald's drive-thru for a vanilla shake. As I'm sitting in line for the drive-thru I thought to myself...'you know, how much you wanna' bet the dang ice cream machine is broken again?!' (It usually is whenever I go there) Historically, I've always felt this problem was some kind of a black cloud which hung over only me; the 'no ice cream for FCD', jinx. But it turns out it may not be just me.

Have you ever noticed about 50% the times (or more) you go into McDonald's that the ice cream machine is broken? Did you ever wonder why? Did you ever conjure up some conspiracy theory about what was going on? I'm sure I probably did, at times, over the years. Well, it seems there may actually be more to this phenomenon than just casual coincidence.

This morning I'm sitting drinking my coffee and watching some YT videos when all of a sudden this video pops up in my queue about none other than McDonald's ice cream machines and the "REAL" reason why they're broken all the time. It was nearly 30 minutes long! I thought to myself there was no way I was going to watch a 30 minute long video about McDonald's ice cream machines! So, I searched around trying to find a shorter one, only to discover there are tons of conspiracy videos about why the ice cream machine is always broken at McDonald's...and some of these are pretty "out there". In the end I decided to just take a peek at the 30 minute video to see if I could get the theme without watching the whole thing. What I found was a video that was so compelling I wound up watching the whole thing, all 30 minutes of it.

I will link the video below, for those who would like to watch a pretty good piece of investigative journalism, but first I will also summarize what the video reveals.

**Spoiler Alert**

Despite all the esoteric conspiracy theories out there on the interwebz about why the McDonald's ice cream machine is always broken, essentially the real reason boils down to a very convenient business relationship between McDonald's and the vendor who provides the ice cream machines which McDonald's corporate demands all franchisee's use. It boils down to one mega-corporation protecting the business interests of another, above the interests of its own customers and its franchise owners. It's really an amazing story, and it truly is a "conspiracy" in the literal sense. It's a story about clinging to the past and refusing to embrace the future because it involves things like competition, and change, and it disrupts the good ol' boy network, the status quo.

Before I watched this video I was thinking..."No way am I watching a 30 minute video about ice cream machines!" But after watching the video I was sitting there thinking..."Those dirty rotten BASTARDS!". And yeah, I do like my vanilla shakes!

Take a look, I think you'll enjoy this one!

edit on 4/28/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   
They should buy their machines from the place Dairy Queen gets them. I've NEVER been to a DQ with a broken ice cream or milkshake machine.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

LOL!

...or Wendy's, or BK, or In-and-Out, or Chick-Fil-A! Nope, just McDonald's.

The detail and research they did for this video is awesome. That was some serious research too!

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hilarious, this literally came up on my YouTube 2 days ago lulz

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TechnoAssassin1

And, I'll bet you thought the same thing I did when you saw it....yeah, why ARE they broken all the time? Right?

LOL!

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Wife n me went to Checkers burger joint ...n they told us....they had no hamburger

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   

5231 !!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Lmao. The ice cream machine at the McDonald's by my house is ALWAYS "broken".

I always figured it was just the employees excuse to not have to deal with ice cream all day.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Yep, me too (among numerous other conclusions over the years)!

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechnoAssassin1
Hilarious, this literally came up on my YouTube 2 days ago lulz

Me too.
The mind boggles at where half my recommendations come from. You Tube is weird sometimes.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Ice cream like you never tried before, hope you can find it. All flavors they have are great but it will confuse your taste buds if you never had it.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I'd like to try that!!

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Havnt been to Mac Donald’s in quite a few years but pretty sure it was a problem here in Aus as well. If I remember correctly

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I think you've lost your got damn mind!

Arby's likes to clean their ice cream machine but it must be a good
one. It's never broken.

Maybe it never breaks because Arby's cleans their ice cream machine.

Uh

You should prolly get your shakes at Arby's

I'm out!
edit on 28-4-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

One thing you can always be sure of with McDonald's, if it's a problem in one area, it's a problem everywhere. Mickey D's is mental about their standardization.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine

Sure pretty I am of that.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The ice cream machine in the one near me is only broken once a year. well, maybe once every two years.

As often as I visit it..

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Randyvine

Sure pretty I am of that.

At least you're in style.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

KFC doesn’t have “chicken”.... Taco Bell is out of tortillas.... Burger King doesn’t have buns.... etc

I always thought is was BS the workers said to end a rush, and not have to do anything. Lol

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think that ice cream has cellulose or something in it. You are fortunate when its broken.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join