It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Governor is ready to get back to normal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Open up. But will employers and businesses get rid of THEIR mask mandates? That's the real question, and so far, the answer is mostly no.

From his tweet asking for it all to be removed by Memorial Day, In the big 6 COUNTIES, where those counties go, others will follow. As for businesses I supposed they could mandate it, but at their own peril either financially or legally. Retail businesses that still require masks will lose business in Tennessee. Might not be the case everywhere both Id imagine in most states, continuing mask restrictions and social distancing is going to be waning in popularity

""I have asked mayors in our Big 6 counties to remove any remaining mask mandates AND business restrictions before Memorial Day Weekend."

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So I really don't understand the mask wearing and social distancing arguments. Where exactly are people social distancing? I was at the New York DMV the other day to renew my license and change my address, the place was a zoo. And who still cares about masks? Every other person I see isn't waring their mask properly; with their nose full exposed and all. I really don't know how anyone could claim that masks and social distancing are helping matters since we haven't really been using them correctly since last May or so. Now its all just a political thing to argue about over the internet. If people would just stop talking about masks and social distancing they would go away through apathy if for no other reason.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: putnam6

Oregon is pushing for more lockdowns, more closures because Kate Brownshirt doesn't want to be outdone by Gavin in Cali.

I hate to break it to ya, DB, but Oregon has been thoroughly Californicated.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hey there cool cats and kittens. Tennessean here. Got some more info for ya. It was put out that the government won't enforce masks, but that businesses can still enforce it. Also, businesses can and should be operating at full capacity instead of the BS 70% or whatever it was.

Here in the great state of Tennessee we've been able to walk around outside without masks pretty much the entire darn time. Law enforcement to my knowledge never really out any effort into enforcing it, and businesses only tried to enforce it for a short while.

Most people are of the mindset that if you want to wear it, then wear it, but if not, then don't.

The only people who get all in a tizzy are the people you'd expect to, and thankfully most of the people here are sane and just exchange that knowing look when someone starts getting a little emotional. Those mask lovers are the same ones who are scared of anything that exists outside the boundaries of their own owns (some of them are scared of their own homes as well.)

Their commentary is that even though they've had their two shots they're going to continue wearing masks even though good ol' Joe says the CDC says it's okay to now go outside without a mask, because they don't trust anyone and will continue to live in fear the rest of their lives. Therefore, they will continue wearing a mask for the rest of their lives.

Social programming at it's finest.

Most of us have carried on as normal as we could outside of the frustration of not being able to shop at the local specialty shops, and losing their businesses and jobs.

Yet, these vocal few can be seen skittering around in a panic, wide-eyed and hysteric.

It looks weird. You can tell they're a nervous wreck. Jerky movements, raised hysterical voices. It's a wonder they ever leave home at all.
edit on 2742021 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Oregon is pushing for more lockdowns, more closures because Kate Brownshirt doesn't want to be outdone by Gavin in Cali.

I hate to break it to ya, DB, but Oregon has been thoroughly Californicated.

yeah.

/2nd line

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
My wife and I are going back to eating inside of restaurants, concerts, going to bars and we will stop doing all of our shopping online. Unless everything does get shut down here in Oregon again. My wife had her second shot the other day and I had mine last month.

edit on 27 4 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: DBCowboy
My wife and I are going back to eating inside of restaurants, concerts, going to bars and we will stop doing all of our shopping online. Unless everything does get shut down here in Oregon again. My wife had her second shot the other day and I had mine last month.

Sorry to hear about that. Is Oregan near Tennessee?

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   
What is amazing about Oregon is on their ages of those who have passed from COVID are just like elsewhere at its peak COVID killed 159 people only 13 total were 59 years old or younger. Week of April 18th 9 deaths total only 2 were 59 years or younger

Red and orange represent those 60 plus years old on the top graph and orange represent deaths associated with LTC facilities.

These graphs virtually mimic the same situation in Georgia yet they are opening up and they have larger cities and more population. Going to be interesting but so far states that were less rigid haven't had significant differences in the totals per capita VS those that shut down tight.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

i just read about this in the news. 15 of the 36 counties are going to be designated as "extreme risk".

15 Oregon counties designated extreme risk

small buisness and schools can't keep their doors closed. we need other options.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

She is permanently ruining the livlihoods of 2/3rds of the small businesses in Oregon.

I have contact with the Berkshire-Hathaway group and many of the businesses they lease properties to cannot pay.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join