It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Governor is ready to get back to normal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Tennessee Governor is ready to get back to normal. He isn't renewing any public health orders and is removing authority from local officials to issue mask requirements.

Gov. Bill Lee is removing the authority of most Tennessee counties to impose mask mandates, while urging the remaining few large cities with mandates in place to drop them by the end of May.

"It's time for government to get out of the business of public health interventions," Lee said during a briefing with reporters Tuesday.

This ought to be interesting.

Gov. Bill Lee
@GovBillLee
·
7h
A widely available vaccine changes everything and it’s a new season in Tennessee. I am not renewing any public health orders because COVID-19 is no longer a health emergency in our state.
Gov. Bill Lee
@GovBillLee
·
7h
Remaining executive actions will address a few lingering economic and regulatory issues. We have never had a statewide mask mandate and I am removing authority from local officials to issue mask requirements.
Gov. Bill Lee
@GovBillLee
·
7h
I have asked mayors in our Big 6 counties to remove any remaining mask mandates AND business restrictions before Memorial Day Weekend.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
States that have done it have not crashed and burned as predicted.

So he may as well.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

All states should have done this a year ago.

In my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In my humble opinion.

It should have mostly happened right after the two weeks with perhaps a few cautions, but there never should have been lockdowns like there were and such widespread shutdowns.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

In my humble opinion.

It should have mostly happened right after the two weeks with perhaps a few cautions, but there never should have been lockdowns like there were and such widespread shutdowns.

They (politicians all) have mortally injured small businesses.

They've killed livlihoods. They deliberately have killed nursing home patients.

This covid exercize has illuminated how grossly inept our local, state, and federal governments are.
edit on 27-4-2021 by DBCowboy because: I am Batman

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Nashville pretty much ignores it all anyway

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It's well past time for a lot of states, especially when you consider for every one case we know of there is likely 3 we didn't even know about. With those fully and partially vaccinated we may be moving closer to herd immunity than we have been speculating on before.

www.acsh.org...

As of now, the official number of COVID cases in the United States stands at roughly 27.1 million. However, the CDC just released its own estimate of the actual number of infections: 83.1 million, more than three times the official count.

If this number is anywhere near accurate, it changes just about everything. Here are some of them:

1) The lockdowns didn't work as intended. It may be too early to say that lockdowns were an abject failure, but if there really are 83 million infected Americans, we can safely say that the lockdowns didn't work as intended.

To be fair, it's far easier to make this statement in retrospect. In the middle of a pandemic, when people are dying left and right, a lockdown looks quite reasonable. In fact, lockdowns may be necessary to prevent overwhelming the healthcare system. So, instead of concluding that we shouldn't have done any lockdown, the better conclusion is that the lockdown should have been smarter. For instance, perhaps only those who are 65 and older should have been given "stay at home" orders rather than the entire community.

2) The huge number of cases isn't because most infections are asymptomatic. The CDC estimates the overall infection rate to be 25,412 per 100,000 people and the symptomatic illness rate to be 21,532 per 100,000. That means about 85% of infections result in symptoms and only 15% are asymptomatic.

The discrepancy in the official number (27.1 million cases) and the estimated number (83.1 million infections) likely is because so many people never bothered getting tested, among other reasons. A person with minor symptoms is unlikely to go to the hospital.

3) We are much closer to herd immunity than we thought. Herd immunity can arise in one of two ways: Natural infection or vaccination. Once herd immunity is reached, the epidemic should end. (However, note that herd immunity does not mean "no more infections." Instead, it means that there are no more outbreaks, even though a low, baseline level of infection might still exist.) If 83 million people have been infected and 6 million have been fully vaccinated (with two doses), about 27% of the American public should be immune. If herd immunity can be achieved at 70%, then we're getting close to halfway there.

Lessons for Next Time

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

In my humble opinion.

I definitely think so too..

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Oregon is pushing for more lockdowns, more closures because Kate Brownshirt doesn't want to be outdone by Gavin in Cali.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Inept or malicious, take your pick.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   

What's worse?

We elected either very stupid people or very evil people.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Open up. But will employers and businesses get rid of THEIR mask mandates? That's the real question, and so far, the answer is mostly no.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

I sure hope there aren't any new shops open up that advertise no masks, and sell the same stuff. that would be .......so capitolistic.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

What's worse?

Not either or..... you elected very stupid evil people.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

What's worse?

Not either or..... you elected very stupid evil people.

Yes. Yes I did.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Bill Lee is a good man. He has his citizen’s needs and best wishes at heart.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   

why not both, our leaders are maliciously inept. Or they have malicious motives but are too inept to actually bring it to fruition.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   

States that have done it have not crashed and burned as predicted.

So he may as well.

States that give citizens back their freedom are actually faring far better in Covid-19 case counts.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Bill Lee is a good man. He has his citizen’s needs and best wishes at heart.

I've heard mostly good about Governor Lee from the Tennesseeans I've talked with.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy They (politicians all) have mortally injured small businesses.

They've killed livlihoods. They deliberately have killed nursing home patients.

this is the stuff that i cannot and will not ever forgive, or forget.

it is simply evil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join