It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pfizer Vac Will Not Give Immunity!"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Can I ask you pro-vax thread starters something?

This propensity for posting "Lookie wut I dun did wif no hands, maw!" post-jab thread fetish is just a coy brag with a little smugness rubbed in, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

No cost for testing or vaccine. Benefits of Universal Health Care. The same system that supports the free advice I got from my GP. And would cover any hospital stay, which I have dodged (Inshallah)

I think about 85% Americans are about the same as Canada or better... My shots were free, setup an appointment 2 months ago, walked in and out in less than 20 minutes with the 15 minute wait time after the shot. Glad to see you back Johnny, you been quite. You can get anything you have received a vaccine for, but it depends on the level of reaction doesn't it. I would much rather have the damn I got the flu reaction for a few days compared to hospital stay, or death.

I hope COVID doesn't pussify everyone one into some "we can never get sick" lifestyle...

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

This propensity for posting "Lookie wut I dun did wif no hands, maw!" post-jab thread fetish is just a coy brag with a little smugness rubbed in, isn't it?

Perhaps its more "hey, look....i didn't grow a leg out of my forehead...this vaccine seems safe to me".

Prior to COVID, we pretty much put anti vaxxers and flat earthers in the same box of laughability. Times are strange.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Perhaps its more "hey, look....i didn't grow a leg out of my forehead...this vaccine seems safe to me".

Prior to COVID, we pretty much put anti vaxxers and flat earthers in the same box of laughability. Times are strange.

But that's not what it comes off as whatsoever, and you full well know that as an observant mod.

It reeks of desperate people wanting to be validated, instead of just satisfied with your own choice. That's a bad sell, man, I don't buy from beggars.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I was told in no uncertain terms by the paramedic who monitored my post-shot wait, that the vaccine would NOT offer immunity. She stressed that. She followed with "But it WILL keep you out of the hospital WHEN you get it!"

That's good enough for me

But most people who got covid didn't end up in the hospital anyway....

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Would you like to see my Band-Aid?

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

If im being honest: 99% of the stuff people see as undertones, etc...im just deaf to. I read and take in what is plainly stated, and just am no use trying to read between the lines.

This topic is just like politics. Every one thinks they are right, and that generally applies to a worldview that is polar. I was pretty clear in my own thoughts on this subject. Its a personal choice. Take it or dont. I work with a lady that is 25, and isn't going to get it. I think that is a smart move. She has no health issues, and would like to maybe have kids one day. No need to take on that risk.

Me? I took it because it makes sense.

What i DON"T like is the anti anything crowd totally missing any nuanced conversation in their world of polar extremes.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

They are free in the US as well. But if you have insurance, they will bill your insurer. If you do not, then they bill no one and eat the cost.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It seems that the more the phase IV trials go on, the more we find out. Like, while Pfizer and Moderna don't make you immune or anything, they actually DO really reduce your chance of infection. And, if infected, reduce the viral shed to a degree that makes you functionally noncommunicable.

I was happy enough to accept that symptoms would be diminished and my already slim chance of death would be slimmer. But the rest of what we are finding out makes these 2 vaccines seem like a no brainer for me. I get why younger people are more apprehensive. Were i a 25 year old in good health i likely would not get the vaccine either. And I don't think shaming people like that is the right thing to do.
But for me, im quite happy to get my second jab on 5/7.

I check enough boxes at my advanced age of 67 that I'm not prepared to roll the dice because Buddy on the net tells me my doctor is wrong. So far, I've been able to keep my distance and avoid the infection. My daughter has had to engage more with society at large and we are waiting to see if it is Covid she has. But hey, Buddy says she'll be ok, even if she is having a hard time catching her breath. And there is the uberhealthy daughter of a friend who month's later, can now hardly walk a block as a long-hauler. She oughtta talk to Buddy, too, so she knows that she's just being contrary. And so on. And so on.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

All the things you say would be no problem if we weren't being threatened with our freedoms by governments if we don't get it. This is where many of.the extreme opinions come from i figure.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Nope, but point taken and OP amended.
edit on 27-4-2021 by JohnnyCanuck because: Cleaning up

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
All the things you say would be no problem if we weren't being threatened with our freedoms by governments if we don't get it. This is where many of.the extreme opinions come from i figure.

The freedom to infect others? Keep your freedoms as long as you keep away.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If im being honest: 99% of the stuff people see as undertones, etc...im just deaf to. I read and take in what is plainly stated, and just am no use trying to read between the lines.

This topic is just like politics. Every one thinks they are right, and that generally applies to a worldview that is polar. I was pretty clear in my own thoughts on this subject. Its a personal choice. Take it or dont. I work with a lady that is 25, and isn't going to get it. I think that is a smart move. She has no health issues, and would like to maybe have kids one day. No need to take on that risk.

Me? I took it because it makes sense.

What i DON"T like is the anti anything crowd totally missing any nuanced conversation in their world of polar extremes.

Pretty much why I've never made a "No Jabs 4 Moi" thread.

I keep wondering why people can't just grow a pair and be respectful adults like THEY want to be treated for their choice. Don't like that the vaxer got vaxed? Ok, but keep it to yourself, you chose the opposite route for as much a reason as a vaxer. Same goes for the vaxer -- don't like that I didn't get one? Keep it to yourself, if nobody brings it up, then good, we're better off with one less petty BS angle to beat each other with.

Nobody respects this. And it all comes off as smug, crappy people just perpetually slinging low-key poo-embedded mud.
edit on 4/27/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
When someone is told, "Well, the first thing was a lie, but this 2nd thing is the truth.", the only thing that can truly be ascertained is: THEY LIE!

There is no other more meaningful truth beyond the fact that they are indeed willing to lie.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It's beginning to sound more like 'whistling through the graveyard'.

Nobody...NOBODY...knows what the true aftereffects of this vax will be.
Odds are they will regret their jab.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I certainly hope the thread I created and will continue to post on about my wife (and now myself) getting the shot does not come of that way at all. That was definitely not my intention. My intention was to provide an unbiased fact based thread on the personal experiences getting this vaccine. If you take it another way, that is all in your head.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Assuming you live in the US....what government is threatening your freedom over the vaccine?

Living in Texas, i have seen none of this. I had employees trying to give me copies of their COVID cards...and the employer has declined.

I'd say that if there are states where this is happening, we should likely see people move out of those states.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

LOL
While I was going to say it......
Maybe a little nicer?
I feel the same way. I respect other's decision to do what the wish, with their own bodies.
I just wish more people would respect mine.

And I honestly hope that none of our members get any nasty side effects or anything.
We need you all here, to keep "discussing" everything else.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Yeah....humans in general are assholes.

Monday morning I was awakened by an abusive text from a former coworker (technically, a supervisor) that was fired in a hugely disgraceful manner last summer. Dunno what his deal is, but he felt the need to tell me a bunch of stuff that likely violates his NDA that he signed as part of his severence settlement. So im kinda feeling pretty misanthropic.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

In all fairness, the media has been hinting that you should have to have a "covid" pass to fly, travel, what have you. My hubby actually brought it up to me.

I said "meh", scared to fly anyway, so no biggy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join