It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acadamy Award Nominees and Guests Designated as 'Essential Workers' To Bypass Travel Restrictions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In yet another blatant slap to the face to everyone, the organisers of the Acadamy Awards have somehow made it so millionaire actors and actresses along with their guests have been designated as 'essential workers' allowing them to travel internationally and bypass restrictions.

www.economist.com...

The organisers of the Academy Awards are going to some lengths to lure stars to this year’s ceremony, which will take place on April 25th. To bypass travel restrictions, nominees and their guests have been designated “essential workers”. All attendees will be tested for covid at least three times. Zooming in is banned, so simultaneous mini-events are to be held in London and Paris for those who can’t make it to Los Angeles.

Meanwhile....

For the rest of us riff raff

www.iatatravelcentre.com...

www.flightglobal.com...

beta.ctvnews.ca...

www.france24.com...

Paraphrased summary:

No travel for the peasants shall be allowed!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's all bovine feces. Just pile after pile of bovine feces. And anybody who can't see it ... Well, I have not pity for them; they are morons.

I live outside of the US. My US home state is under a fascist governor mask mandate. My wife wants to go back, see the family, take care of some business. I can't. I will not submit to that crap. I'd be in jail in a matter of days, hours probably.

I just can't understand how so many people are submitting to this crap.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

I just can't understand how so many people are submitting to this crap.

So the academy award people have found a way around these and everyone is angry? In fact, they "aren't submitting to this crap." Too bad more people don't do the same thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Maybe It's a trap....

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

They are essential to our Overlords.

The thespians keep us entertained with cake and circuses. Tell us what to think and how to be virtuous.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
yep and even though they were social distancing, nobody was wearing a mask.

all laughing and clapping and flying sweat and spittle everywhere,
glen close doing some wierd ass bump dance.

they so special

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Did anyone expect the rich and famous prestigious function would not get special treatment? Actors make their money deceiving people, they are constantly pretending to be someone they aren't. It is important that the deceivers get their prestigious place in society. Everyone needs to be conditioned to believe in false realities, after all we live in a world where reality is scoffed at and society is trying to get us to believe in it instead of the truth.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
ATS: "I hate Hollyweird!"

ATS later: "Wait....there's a new Avengers film?!?!? Take muh monies!"

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Heh. I totally missed the Awards. It used to be fun, watching movie folks you liked getting awards for films that you actually watched and enjoyed.

Now?

It's like watching MSNBC but the folks on-screen have bigger tits.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I shut up and watched Nobody. It should have won Best Picture.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

See?

That's what I'm talking about.

I saw the list of films and I've never heard of most of them.

If a film doesn't have boobs, car chases, ninja's, space aliens or boobs, then it shouldn't even be considered.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

It wasn't a great year for movies, among other things, so I was glad for that recommendation. I hope they do a sequel where he beats the ever loving **** out of John Wick.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

“Give me the goddamn kitty cat bracelet”

Great flick!

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Cant stop seeing saul goodman doing john wick. Definitely Amongst the better flicks this year.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I have just the thing for you

Don't bother it doesn't get much beter

edit on 26-4-2021 by Terpene because: Samies

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Amazing that actors used to be regarded as the very lowest in society 'with the same social status as prostitutes' and now they're being described as essential workers.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Come on everyone, everybody knows that Hollywood award ceremonies are much more important than Baptisms, Funerals, First Communions, Church, Graduations etc.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Who declares a certain sector as essential? Is it just a decision by the employer or maybe the union? Then yes more should do it.

Further up the food chain, politics gets too involved and I wouldn't expected much action that goes against the narrative.... Yet

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Who cares? From the ratings it didn't look like many did.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join