It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Indonesian Sub Found, Broken into Pieces

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

They lost contact with the sub during a training run.

The sub was found broken on the sea floor, some reports are saying it’s in 3 pieces and they have ruled out human error.

So my personal theory’s include:

1. Attacked by another ship of some kind
2. Weapon system malfunction caused an explosion
3. Kaiju

Any ideas ATS?

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's looking more like they were being shadowed and fired upon.

Zaphod once said that Commanders of such vessels would take every precaution before firing, the problem with that is this is the Asiatic waters and Eastern thinking is not the same.

I mean, we have Chinese "fishing boats", designed to bully other ships in their own territory waters AND you CAN'T retailiate because two chinese destroyers are shadowing them and ready to attack at a moments notice.

So, as you can see, with imperialistic intentions to expand, is it really all that hard to see that China has Subs in all corners of the world? As a first time Navy flexing, I doubt the Western wisdoms fall onto Eastern minds, to them, it's all black and white.

I speculate that the Indonesian Sub was performing routine testing, involving weapon platforms, in this case, Torpedos.

The Chinese penchent to spy and shadow numerous testing of Nations all across the world comes to mind.

In this case, a number of horrible events kicked off, which lead to a Chinese sub destroying the Indonesian sub, they quietly glided away in what I can imagine some sort of new stealth sub, super quiet, very lethal, highly advance.
edit on 26-4-2021 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776
4. a low budget, 3rd hand submarine, behind on appropriate maintainence required for a vehicle repeatedly exposed to enormous pressures?

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Occam would go with option 4 listed by BlueJacket.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
4. a low budget, 3rd hand submarine, behind on appropriate maintainence required for a vehicle repeatedly exposed to enormous pressures?

Nah. Godzilla

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I could believe that

But would lack of maintenance cause a submarine to break completely into 3 pieces, fast enough that the crew couldn’t mayday?

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
But would lack of maintenance cause a submarine to break completely into 3 pieces, fast enough that the crew couldn’t mayday?

An electrical problem shutting down the boats systems and permitting it to fall below its crush depth would account for the lack of a mayday and the broken sections. See the U.S.S. Thresher for similarities.

edit on 26-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

a reply to: BlueJacket

I could believe that

I don't think it would need to break into three pieces at once but just rather one which starts a catastrophic failure chain

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Damn, so it’s possible these men knew of their coming fate and could do nothing to fix it in time, that thought is terrifying.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

An electrical problem shutting down the boats systems an permitting it to fall below its crush depth would account for the lack of a mayday and the broken sections. See the U.S.S. Thresher for similarities.

Don't their systems have redundancies?

If not....holy crap.

edit on 4/26/2021 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Damn, so it’s possible these men knew of their coming fate and could do nothing to fix it in time, that thought is terrifying.

Possible. The crew of the Thresher and the Kursk knew what was happening.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Godzilla?

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Astronauts and Submariners alike. When the tech fails they know what's to come...

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Asian thinking isn't the same, no, but they're also not stupid. There's no benefit to anyone by sinking this sub and risking any kind of conflict. And it will be obvious if it was attacked.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The only mayday they could send would be an automated signal from a buoy, usually mounted on the back of the sail. And depending on what happened, they don't always launch or get to the surface to send their signal.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm not sure they went past crush depth first. Usually that doesn't leave a lot of internal debris in the water. They found prayer rugs, and mechanical equipment from inside, before they found the wreckage.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
if it was sunk intentionally we would have heard the explosion. We probably heart the implosion. Just keeping quiet about it.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

They were doing a torpedo test at the time. We might have picked up a torpedo explosion if one of their own went off.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Leviathan

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Occam would go with option 4 listed by BlueJacket.

Yep, I don't see anything nefarious, if it goes past crush depth, it can go very badly

top topics

<<   2 >>

join