It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceX craft had close call with UFO after launching into orbit

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   

SpaceX’s Crew Dragon Endeavor spacecraft had a close call with an unidentified object before successfully reaching the International Space Station, a report said.

US Space Command warned the crew aboard the spacecraft of a possible collision with an unknown object after launching into orbit on Friday, Futurism reported.

“The possibility of the conjunction came so close to the closest approach time that there wasn’t time to compute and execute a debris avoidance maneuver with confidence, so the SpaceX team elected to have the crew don their pressure suits out of an abundance of caution,” NASA spokesperson Kelly Humphries told Futurism.

nypost.com...

Maybe it was a weather balloon.

I wonder if we will see a radar report. How was the object moving and at what pace? Was it moving like space debris or did it seem controlled? Hopefully we will get some answers to these questions.

edit on 26-4-2021 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 01:40 AM
link   
At first I thought "Drone", but it was in orbit, so it is space debris. There is a lot of that up there.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 01:46 AM
link   
28 miles?. Close call?.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

At the speed they're going, yes.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

In hindsight, Humphries said, the object’s closest approach was 45 kilometers from the spacecraft — not far in the grand scale of space, but close enough for concern.

Humphries added that “there was no real danger to the crew or the spacecraft.”
Futurism

I wonder how large an object it would've had to be to warn about it from 45km distance...
edit on 26-4-2021 by ADAMandEVIL because: Eta fix

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Again, doesn't have to be big if it's travelling fast. A goose can make a hell of a mess of a jet engine.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I've been watching For All Mankind, and while the decades are a bit out... are we sure it's not the Russians thwarting spacex??

but, just reading this, as we are getting back into more and more space work, it does spark my interest. But the problem is, there are more mundane things in life, than things which we can imagine...

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

SpaceX’s Crew Dragon Endeavor spacecraft had a close call with an unidentified object before successfully reaching the International Space Station, a report said.

US Space Command warned the crew aboard the spacecraft of a possible collision with an unknown object after launching into orbit on Friday, Futurism reported.

“The possibility of the conjunction came so close to the closest approach time that there wasn’t time to compute and execute a debris avoidance maneuver with confidence, so the SpaceX team elected to have the crew don their pressure suits out of an abundance of caution,” NASA spokesperson Kelly Humphries told Futurism.

nypost.com...

Maybe it was a weather balloon.

I wonder if we will see a radar report. How was the object moving and at what pace? Was it moving like space debris or did it seem controlled? Hopefully we will get some answers to these questions.

Wasn't a balloon. It was out of the atmosphere.

Object was large enough to appear on radar. They actually monitor known large orbital debris from what I know.

I wonder if cameras caught anything.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Wrong forum. I jumped to read about this mission encountering a UFO as well as the highly reported debris maneuver but alas the encounter was neither alien or unidentified. It was identified.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Space junk, and not as close a call as initially concerned.

The Independent: False alarm: No space junk threat after all to SpaceX crew.

new topics

top topics

join