It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5M Americans have missed second vaccine dose: report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
thehill.com...

This can't be good news, 5 million missing their appointment for the 2nd jab. With only 28% vaccinated fully nationwide, this vaccine push could go on a while especially here in Georgia, 8 GEMA mass vaccination sites are slated to be closed in May. All this as Georgia is near last in those who have been vaccinated.

More than 5 million Americans have missed getting their second coronavirus vaccine dose, indicating a growing trend that could endanger the U.S.’s efforts to return to normalcy.

The New York Time reports that the rate of people missing their second dose of the Pfizer of Moderna vaccine has more than doubled since the beginning of the national vaccine rollout. Five million people accounts for about 8 percent of those who received a first dose of the Prizer or Moderna vaccine.

Several people interviewed by the Times said they were afraid of the vaccine's side effects, while others told the newspaper they felt protected by one dose.

This can't be good news, 5 million missing their appointment for the 2nd jab. With only 28% vaccinated fully nationwide, this vaccine push could go on a while especially here in Georgia, 8 GEMA mass vaccination sites are slated to be closed in May. All this as Georgia is near last in those who have been vaccinated.

ATLANTA — Eight mass-vaccination sites set up by Georgia state authorities in February and run by the Georgia Emergency Management Agency/Homeland Security are set to cease operating next month when their contracts expire.

GEMA confirmed with 11Alive that there is no plan to renew contracts to keep the sites running, including the one at the Delta Air Lines Museum in Hapeville. The contracts expire May 21, according to a GEMA spokesperson.

Mass vaccination sites run by local health departments or in coordination with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, such as the one at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, will continue to operate.

Mass vaccination sites run by local health departments or in coordination with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, such as the one at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, will continue to operate.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

If they're shooting for herd immunity levels, it's never going to happen. I imagine a very interesting next couple of years.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

The roller coaster seen over the past year will continue. But the vaccination count does vary by state. Mine continues to increase at a pretty steady rate.
usafacts.org...
edit on 4/25/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Just because they renamed the flu doesn’t mean everyone will fall for it. The dumbest people have went ahead and volunteered themselves. The next batch will be people only getting it if they are required for their jobs and stuff. I plan on just telling people I’m vaccinated and never show proof and play the privacy card.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

It's not the flu.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Hypntick

The roller coaster seen over the past year will continue.

You don't know that Dr.Fauci....

Some indications that in some areas the dominant variant may not be as lethal, with potential more cases but fewer hospitalizations and deaths.

very cool site nextstrain.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I'm not Dr. Fauci.

But true, I don't know that. I won't be surprised though. Or, maybe it will just go away, like last year.

But didn't you say:

This can't be good news,

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The Public keeps hearing the same experts day after day with changing warnings and changing opinions.

Very confusing and inconsistent for an official government stream of information for such a dangerous virus.

Why won't they get it right ?? Hmmm😉

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Or maybe it'll come back every year, just like the flu.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

True. The general public seems to be lacking in an understand of how science works. That helps to feed the flow of misinformation.

Remember how Nibiru was going to come get us all? The willingness to accept nonsense like that seems to be on the rise.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

Or maybe it'll come back every year, just like the flu.

Maybe. But the past year seems to indicate that it isn't really seasonal, like the flu. Didn't slow down much last summer, did it?

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
thehill.com...

More than 5 million Americans have missed getting their second coronavirus vaccine dose, indicating a growing trend that could endanger the U.S.’s efforts to return to normalcy.

The New York Time reports that the rate of people missing their second dose of the Pfizer of Moderna vaccine has more than doubled since the beginning of the national vaccine rollout. Five million people accounts for about 8 percent of those who received a first dose of the Prizer or Moderna vaccine.

Several people interviewed by the Times said they were afraid of the vaccine's side effects, while others told the newspaper they felt protected by one dose.

ATLANTA — Eight mass-vaccination sites set up by Georgia state authorities in February and run by the Georgia Emergency Management Agency/Homeland Security are set to cease operating next month when their contracts expire.

GEMA confirmed with 11Alive that there is no plan to renew contracts to keep the sites running, including the one at the Delta Air Lines Museum in Hapeville. The contracts expire May 21, according to a GEMA spokesperson.

How long is the timeline between shots, I think it's supposed to be 3 weeks?

Here, it's 4 months, they don't have enough vaccine, they say it will be ok..but they obviously just make it up as they go along. Time will tell.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Pfizer 3 weeks, Moderna 4 weeks. You're right, it's not hard and fast.
But if people are skipping their second appointment they probably bailed entirely.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Nope, let's hope it's only seasonal - like the flu. It just has never struck me as "very dangerous" listening to the overall stats. 2.0% chance to get it and 1.8% chance of those 2% of dying just didn't convince me to get the jab.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I'm not Dr. Fauci.

But true, I don't know that. I won't be surprised though. Or, maybe it will just go away, like last year.

But didn't you say:

This can't be good news,

It's not good news because all of this will last even longer. Think we pretty much have vaccinated the true believers, we got a long way to 75%-80% needed for herd immunity. Even at those numbers, it may not be enough with 12 different variants already and more mutations sure to follow.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

a reply to: vonclod

Pfizer 3 weeks, Moderna 4 weeks. You're right, it's not hard and fast.
But if people are skipping their second appointment they probably bailed entirely.

I agree, it's likely the case..I guess they may have the window to catch up, based on our 4 month wait period.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yep. And the longer it goes on, the more mutations.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

2.0% chance to get it and 1.8% chance of those 2% of dying just didn't convince me to get the jab.
I don't know where you get that 2% chance of infection but the fatality rate is often used as a distraction. Chances of serious illness and/or hospitalization are substantially greater than that.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

True. The general public seems to be lacking in an understand of how science works. That helps to feed the flow of misinformation.

Remember how Nibiru was going to come get us all? The willingness to accept nonsense like that seems to be on the rise.

Sadly, this seems to be the case with both sides of the political spectrum. One side puts feelings before facts, and the other side is ignorant out of spite.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yep. And the longer it goes on, the more mutations.

Yes, this is true but we have no way of knowing how virulent the new mutations will be as well as how lethal They could just mutate into a strain that is just a seasonal hazard. Not to mention the chances of any or all the current vaccines being able to knock down one variant much less all of them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join