It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That’s racist, so Is that, and that

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

There you go ... thinking of people as monolithic groups instead of individuals.

I was not those "white men" of long ago. I am me ... now ... today. I had zero, zilch, nada to do with any of that, and I should not be held accountable to it anymore than anyone of today should be thinking the mere fact of my skin color and their own ties us to those days.

That attitude, more than anything else is what holds us back. All of us as a society.

So yes, I blame everyone who buys into it, including you.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
As I said in another thread:

There are some people who seem to think that white people are so obsessed with wanting to hate on and oppress black folks that all we do is sit around thinking about how to design every aspect of everything in a way that oppresses them and denigrates them.

It's really sad and says a lot about them.

Sounds like racism is nothing more than your standard textbook conspiracy theory.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't like thugs and criminals. I hate thug culture, baggy pants and rap music. Call me a racist and see if I give a #.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
I don't like thugs and criminals. I hate thug culture, baggy pants and rap music. Call me a racist and see if I give a #.

Are you saying 8 Mile was Rocky the Hood?

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

why does the topic of racism triggers you so much? surely not because all people would be happier if no one addresses racism. you complain that everything has become over the top and hysterical and you are right. but take a look at the threads here on ats and how over the top most of them are. that doesn't seem a problem for you. because it always depends on WHO claims something, right?

for a long time people have been discriminated because of their origin or skin color, and nowadays people are fighting against that. everyone has the right to defend their dignity, right?

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think all colors, cultures, creeds and religions have things they should be ashamed of. The true history of the world is very ugly, and "everyone" has been a victor or victim at one point. Let's stfu and do something constructive for the planet as a whole instead of destructive.
What do I know though? I have trouble keeping my # together on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Hand soap dispenser's are racist and I'm triggered....lol

If that is the hill you choose to die on so be it.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Because it's very dangerous to live under the illusion that racism is as bad as the people promulgating this BS narrative keep pretending, and in case you haven't noticed it has real world consequences like starting riots and violence, affecting people to the point that they lose their business or even their lives. Pretending like a set of people are the victims or society only benefits a few people, and it's not those perceived victims.

If racism was indeed such a big problem, then you would be able to find way better examples than, let's say, the death of George Floyd (let alone toilet paper and band-aids). How can you determine such event, unfair or not, was racially motivated if no one in planet earth has the power to read Chauvin's mind and thought process. Then you have people pretending like black people are the main victims of what they call police brutality, something which clearly isn't backed by any stats.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a reply to: CthruU

In many Eastern cultures, white is the color of death, so it is regarded as bad luck. Certainly, it's not something you want to go around in all the time casually.

Isn't there a wedding ceremony where the bride wears white initially and then removes the white to reveal red underneath symbolizing her death to her old family and rebirth into her new one?

Blimey ketsuko, what kind of weddings do you go to???? All the ones I've been to the bride does definitely not strip off. Well I'm white and the last year or so I've been so insulted for being white, so I'm being racist on.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It depends on what you consider racism to be.

These days, if the last person entering a room is a POC, that's considered racist, especially if no one else in the room happens to be a person of color.

If there are a bunch of pictures of people who achieved great things on the wall and none of them is a POC, it's racist because it makes the POC feel bad because no one looks like them.

Success is white supremacist, so much so that Asians are white supremacist and not simply successful people in and of their own right - they've borrowed and used white supremacist culture to get ahead.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

These days, if the last person entering a room is a POC, that's considered racist, especially if no one else in the room happens to be a person of color.

If there are a bunch of pictures of people who achieved great things on the wall and none of them is a POC, it's racist because it makes the POC feel bad because no one looks like them.

Success is white supremacist, so much so that Asians are white supremacist and not simply successful people in and of their own right - they've borrowed and used white supremacist culture to get ahead.

White is a skin color not a sign of superiority.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

No...

Really???

You're just now figuring that out?

Nor, is it a sign of inherent evilness, as some would have us believe.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
a reply to: Bluntone22

Your only guilty of giving this nonsense even more airtime.

Don't fuel the fire.....ignore it.

I tend to agree, I don't feel guilty about any of that crap. I don't entertain it!..if you entertain it..it will come back, with more of it ugly friends.

JM2C

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Who knew? All that time I thought that those big ol' fat black women were fat because they ate too much unhealthy food and didn't exercise, but now I been enlightened! Now I know it's my fault because I'm a white heterosexual male.

Well, dang!

That qualifies as a legitimate super power.
Just find the anorexic or bulimic next time.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

White is a skin color not a sign of superiority.

Well, go explain that to the idiots who are pushing Critical Race Theory because they don't seem to get it.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
After generations of slavery and undermining can you blame some folks for being psychologically over sensitive????? Fact is the white man has countless incidents to be ashamed of regardless of how far the reach at times.

Newsflash, so do the blacks. Humanity's burden is sin. We can all either STFU and move on from it, or we can play a loser's game of "Who's sins are the worst" in which case slavery comes quickly off the table because the majority of people sold into slavery were sold into slavery in Africa by other black people. Not a good look, frankly.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And slavery as a practice goes back so far that I'm not even sure we can talk about cultural appropriation either. Who started it? I don't think we'll ever know.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Are you saying 8 Mile was Rocky the Hood?

I don't like Eminem either. He bought the thug culture, made it his life and then made millions of dollars from it. Meanwhile glamourizing thuggyness to millions of people world wide.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I believe the left is wanting to institute segregation again, but this time they are tricking people of color to choose it for themselves.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: ketsuko

I believe the left is wanting to institute segregation again, but this time they are tricking people of color to choose it for themselves.

This time it's more like "No! They didn't segregate us. WE segregated *them*!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join