It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut up and watch it. . . . Mortal Kombat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Shut up and watch it.

You watch it , or I am going full on Krang on you .

OOPS , wrong martial arts movie villain .

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
When I was a kid I thought Krang was upset cause he looks like an abortion.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I give it a kid 8. The martial arts are unreal and actually real. They chose actors that knew their shtuff

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Exactly. Also if you play the MK games at all, you could say the very same thing about the plot and character portrayals in those. I'm not there for the plot, I'm there to watch a dude get his heart ripped out, or while playing the games be the one doing the heart ripping.

"Hang on Gandalf, what's in my fortune cookie?"

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's my plans for the evening. I get off work in an hour.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Lysergic

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 01:16 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   
There are only two martial arts movie I really enjoyed IP Man and Undisputed.
Just saw there is a sequel i didn't watch yet. Sorry tonight is taken by boyka... Have fun with the classics...

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 01:52 AM
link   
i liked how lu kang used the cheater move to beat up Kano. Just kept sweep kicking him. I remember everyone doing that a lot as a kid playing the game. thought it was funny.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
There are only two martial arts movie I really enjoyed IP Man and Undisputed.
Just saw there is a sequel i didn't watch yet. Sorry tonight is taken by boyka... Have fun with the classics...

Ong Bak

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not very good in my opinion. The opening 7 minutes sets the bar high and the rest fails to deliver. If you want a true Mortal Kombat film, watch Scorpions Revenge.

Mortal Kombat 2021 - 6.5/10

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Ong Bak

it is true the first one was sort of novel and well done ... IP Man set the bar very high though
edit on 25-4-2021 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

NO.

Let me think about this just a second, I may be being too hasty here.

Yeah, NO.

There is no remake, only Robin Shou's two films.

They've tried this remake s# on us before with Girl Ghostbusters, I'm not allowing any modern taint to my MK movie memories. I'll cling to MK: Annihilation if I have to. Don't force me, man, don't force me!

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Went to the theater Friday night and watched.

I think off you didn't like it, you probably didn't play MK or don't like scifi even.

The story was changed from the original movie but i liked it still.

People that poop on this movieshould read about the actors selected for this movie first

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

Not very good in my opinion. The opening 7 minutes sets the bar high and the rest fails to deliver. If you want a true Mortal Kombat film, watch Scorpions Revenge.

Mortal Kombat 2021 - 6.5/10

It was campy, but I was entertained and enjoyed it.

If you go into the film with the expectations based on the original, I don't think many will be disappointed.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'll probably watch this one eventually.

IMO, there is a difference between remaking a movie that wasn't all that great to begin with - let's be honest, as fun as it was, the original MK was no great film achievement - and a clear classic that's nearly perfect like Ghostbusters. They desecrated and insulted Ghostbusters because it's almost impossible to remake a classic into something greater or even close to the same. However, there is every reason to believe that can come close to achieving at least something close to the original MK if not slightly better, and have it be no insult to either movie.

For similar reasons, they better not even try to touch The Princess Bride, too.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nyiah

I'll probably watch this one eventually.

In all honesty and dialing down the corny theatrics, I probably will eventually, too.

IMO, there is a difference between remaking a movie that wasn't all that great to begin with - let's be honest, as fun as it was, the original MK was no great film achievement -

Now, now. When we compare the original with it's sequel, it's not that awful anymore XD
Annihilation was a horrifying hot mess of bad writing, bad acting and cheesy costumes & SFX. I'm not defending that, it was terrible.

But even if they were(are) legit Star Wars Holiday Special-level bad movies, they both had a redeeming silver lining that made the ventures worthwhile --- their soundtracks are EPIC. Got two copies of each, on CD and cassette still

and a clear classic that's nearly perfect like Ghostbusters. They desecrated and insulted Ghostbusters because it's almost impossible to remake a classic into something greater or even close to the same.

I'm not even sure what the hell was going through the mind of whatever doofus greenlit that one. It'd be like bulldozing the Giza Pyramids, building small-scale replicas from Legos, altering the styles significantly, and then trying to say it's a better historical site. W. T. F.

However, there is every reason to believe that can come close to achieving at least something close to the original MK if not slightly better, and have it be no insult to either movie.

Looking through the lens of Classic Trek, yeah, I concede that one there. Even Nu-Trek, in it's own separate, non-Trek sci-fi way, isn't actually a bad couple of movies at all (I'm gonna get some # for that, lol, I know I am)

For similar reasons, they better not even try to touch The Princess Bride, too.

Or The Neverending Story. I know they already kicked around the idea for a Princess Bride remake a few years ago, actors from the original had a cow (and rightfully so) I don't know if it went any further than that backlash or not, but nothing's safe anymore... < sigh >
edit on 4/25/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I think I will pass on watching that movie,I get enough
F-bombs and other cuss words on here.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I think I will pass on watching that movie,I get enough
F-bombs and other cuss words on here.

Yes, Mama.

Everyone just shut up and watch it, except Mama.

<< 1    3 >>

join