It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In historic move, Biden says 1915 massacres of Armenians constitute genocide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So someone tell me why Biden is bringing up events before and during World War 1?

This BS is just one more attempt to stir one ethnicity against the other. Stirring the cauldron of racial divide. It isn't good enough for them to only create hate and prejudice among black, brown, white and asian here in the United States, now he is trying to open old wounds in Europe as well.

The guy is a servant of Satan.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
This will turn not only Turkey against Biden, but also Muslims in general. I think Biden read or heard something about knowing your enemy but he thought it was make everyone your enemy.

This should have happened a long time ago.

Yes, exactly why Trump could not do it. The left would have yelled racism, etc. etc.

LOL, funny how that works.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Dey mad at Turkey.
Uh oh.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The fate of the Armenian people under Ottoman rule was the one which inspired Hitler, and he told his henchmen to learn from what the Turkish Caliphate did - death marches, camps, harassment, popular violence, denying supplies, etc.

So, no doubt a burdonous topic which modern Turkey does not want to inherit straight on.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

... and to add this misery, their treatment of Jews did not fall too short of the Armenians, when Ataturk came into power ...

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   

April 22, 1981 - Ronald Reagan

"Like the genocide of the Armenians before it, and the genocide of the Cambodians which followed it — and like too many other such persecutions of too many other peoples — the lessons of the Holocaust must never be forgotten."

www.armenian-genocide.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

"Like the genocide of the Armenians before it, and the genocide of the Cambodians which followed it — and like too many other such persecutions of too many other peoples — the lessons of the Holocaust must never be forgotten."

Lmfao, so....total "Simpson's Did it"(coining Regan Already Did It, or RADI, now) molehill, gotcha.

Kinda...diminishing when it's already been done.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
So someone tell me why Biden is bringing up events before and during World War 1?

This BS is just one more attempt to stir one ethnicity against the other. Stirring the cauldron of racial divide. It isn't good enough for them to only create hate and prejudice among black, brown, white and asian here in the United States, now he is trying to open old wounds in Europe as well.

The guy is a servant of Satan.

Because Turkey refuses to accept the genocide was wrong and is still currently carrying out summary executions and genocide along the Southern border with Syria. Erdogan supports ISIS againt the Kurds and needs to be tackled.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Phage

It's a political move. Biden is flexing a bit.

All atrocities should be recognized, and be examined through a critical analysis to ensure they are factual, the Armenian genocide is definitely one of those historical events put on the back burner, and should be brought to light more often, to show people what lengths those in power are willing to go to reach some twisted goal.

Turkey has this weird fantasy of returning to Ottoman empire status.

Biden was picked on by the two big bullies on the playground, so in retaliation, he bitch slapped the little kid nobody likes. Did him like cornpop.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Now just to clarify.... who is responsible for reparations, and when does that program start?

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

that's totally different. (I'll stop there, as no logic currently exists to clarify that)

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Has the US ever apologised for the Trail of Tears and if so how much reparations did they pay? Just while we're talking about genocide, but whoops the US don't recognise that as genocide.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
As much as I think Biden is generally a useless idiot, I'll give credit where its deserved. Recognition of the Armenian genocide is long overdue and I completely support this administration for this shift in policy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join