It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a serious question for the left side

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: network dude

The US border with Mexico is not open; it is closed till 21 May. Even when it is 'open', the distinction between legal and illegal immigration continues to apply.

Your opening premise is invalid.

Then why are the "authorities" releasing migrants into the U.S. proper without any "security" guarantees ?

🤣Migrants on Mexican border being released without court notices, sometimes with no paperwork🤣

edit on Apr-24-2021 by xuenchen because: 😬😖

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Hmmm, a black person being called a czar. I wonder she knows the history of what a czar is/was....it weren't no colored folk I tell ya. I wonder what the ole czar's immigration policy was?

And a Mixed race President came up with this term to call his cabbies this term, which is mostly associated with what country? Balarus?, Shenaniganizstan? Russia, maybe?

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

I'm glad you posted that. I want to be super clear on this. I completely understand why the people are coming here, and with what's being offered and given, I certainly can't blame them. If I was in their shoes, I'd likely come as well. My issue IS NOT WITH THEM AT ALL. My issue is with our system that allows this to take place.

We have immigration laws. They are clear and we made them for a reason. If they had/have a purpose, then they need to be enforced. If they no longer serve a purpose, we have mechanisms in place to change the laws. Those mechanisms don't include allowing any and all who show up to be released into the interior and forgotten.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

The US border with Mexico is not open; it is closed till 21 May. Even when it is 'open', the distinction between legal and illegal immigration continues to apply.

Your opening premise is invalid.

you certainly qualify as a left leaning person, so your opinion is one I was looking for. But you dismissed the premise that people are crossing the border illegally and being released into the US and forgotten. That is happening actively right now, today. Kids are being transported and dropped off. Those that aren't the right age and gender that is. The cute girls are raped and sold into prostitution from what we are told.

I think you need to update yourself on current events before you post more on this topic.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I am not a Lefty, as you surely already know but I have a story about immigration, nothing special just a little experience I had a few years ago.

There is a Arabic owned gas station near me that I go to a few times a week and one day the guy behind the counter was listening to an audio tape that I could hear and it appeared to be talking about different parts of US government.

So I left and next time I went in there, the tape was playing again and again the next time after that...same guy behind the counter BTW.

Finally I asked him about it and he said he was studying for his US citizenship test and I told him that’s great, I hope you pass it.

Maybe a month or so later, I went in and this guy was all smiles and really talking up a storm with customers and when he saw me he says...”I passed!! I finally did it!!”

I told him congratulations and welcome!....you could tell that this guy was so proud of what he did and it actually brought a tear to my eye.

I don’t know, maybe a goofy story but it just made me feel good that this guy was so proud about being a citizen of this country.

thanks for sharing that. It's the kind of story I like to hear. People who understand what we have here and are willing to be a meaningful part of it. That is patriotism personified.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The Border Isn’t Open

Last week, 51 House Republicans sent a letter to President Biden asserting that his new immigration policies amount to “open borders.” The charge is laughably absurd. Except for a couple of months last year, Biden is maintaining the most closed border policy in the history of the United States. Whether you’re a documented or undocumented immigrant, it’s nearly impossible to come to America.

I used the CATO institute so you guys can’t attack the source as being left wing.

This idea that the border is wide open and people are streaming through isn’t true in the least. It’s something right wing politicians and media pundits have been saying, and you just unquestionably believe it, like most things you’re told by them.

The reality is that hardly anything has changed from when Donald Trump was President. Joe Biden is just continuing Trumps disastrous policies. And without a hint of irony you guys are blaming it all on Democrats. At what point do you actually think about what you’re being told instead of just believing whatever Republican politicians say?

so Joe Biden didn't erase all the things Trump did to stop the flow across the border? He didn't dismantle the "remain in Mexico" thing, and didn't stop building the border wall, and literally told people to come and we would let them in?

I honestly want to hear your explanation of that rather than have you run off.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
The way I see it, someone is benefitting from Illegal Immigration; otherwise, it wouldn't be an issue.

of course someone is benefitting, its the DNC/Democratic Party...

1. Flood country with illegals
2. Turn those illegals into citizens
3. they now carry all the same rights
4. the left just added tens of millions of votes to their side, essentially making the country a one party system, knowing full well the right can't compete with that.
5. Game over

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

As an outcast leftie, I am quite against open borders and firmly in support of revamping our legal system.

Particularly in regards to the social side. It wasnt that long ago that it was an unspoken standard that American culture is essentially different people uniting under a single banner, a single premise outlined roughly at the founding of our nation.

We would take those unique qualities and make them our own. This is now "bad" and "cultural appropriation." While I do believe that this assimilation could have been improved even more, we went in the other direction. To the point where many outright claim that the US has no culture at all and immigrants (legal or otherwise) really only ever settle in insulated pockets.

Ive said it before, but I dont believe what most people call the "left" or "liberals" are even really part of the political spectrum. They just happen to be involved in politics. Its more a social group of corporate loyalists that believe they are fighting an unjust system by endlessly appealing to the authority of that system and repeating marketing slogans as some kind of "revolutionary" mantra. They are behaviorally monolithic, essentially based on whatever is trending and addiction to extreme emotions.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
www.voanews.com...

WASHINGTON - U.S. President Joe Biden signed executive orders Tuesday to start to dismantle former President Donald Trump’s restrictive immigration policies, including an attempt to reunite families that had been separated at the U.S.-Mexican border.

“I’m not making new law. I’m eliminating bad policy,” Biden said while signing the orders.

In the first hours of his presidency two weeks ago, Biden acted to halt construction of Trump’s $16 billion wall along the border and sent a far-reaching immigration bill to Congress, where lawmakers have long been stalemated between liberals looking to ease the path to U.S. citizenship and conservatives seeking to stem unauthorized immigration.

Biden’s immediate focus is on the 3,100-kilometer southern border with Mexico, where Trump tried to keep thousands of migrants from Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala from entering the U.S.

for the thinking impaired.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

While I can agree with your sentiment, the reality is that it doesn't work, hasn't worked, and will not work in the current dynamic of the world. This is my perspective. 2 people leave to come to the USA. The good hard working, smart, capable people. (Upper Middle Class) they have money, resources, and can come legally. They leave, come here eventually become citizens, sponsor family, and establish themselves here. The others are the poor, that come illegally. The majority of those poor, are coming because they want a hand up, a hand out, or send money back to help there family. The ones that want a hand out are going to come regardless, the ones that want a hand up will come illegally, work and stay under the radar. The ones that send money back are killing themselves to better there family in whatever country they came from. Now, granted, there will be the criminal element that we will always have to deal with, but there is an estimated 30 million illegals here in the USA, and of that less than 500k are those type. The majority just want to have a better life. Now, if we are taking there best and brightest, taking there hardest working, then whom exactly are left to make their country better? This is the issue that we have on the southern border. These countries need stability, they need justice, education, and an end to poverty, corruption, and the boot on their neck from globalists, from cartels, from their own government, and from stupidity in general.

You ask why should the USA do anything other than close the border, my answer is simple, because we have 30 million now, we will continue to have that amount. there will always be illegals, and that its not realistic to shut them down. There is no political will for it. So my question is, what can the left and right do as a compromise to make the situation better? what is the long term plan that we can implement? what strategy can we follow? cause right now, the lefts ideas dont work, the rights ideas dont work, so we need to come up with something that will, and to me, that means both sides need to come to an agreement. Until that happens, we will just have the left pushing the left ideas, the right pushing the right ideas, no consistency, and as a result, we have the status quo.

Camain

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: underwerks

The Border Isn’t Open

Last week, 51 House Republicans sent a letter to President Biden asserting that his new immigration policies amount to “open borders.” The charge is laughably absurd. Except for a couple of months last year, Biden is maintaining the most closed border policy in the history of the United States. Whether you’re a documented or undocumented immigrant, it’s nearly impossible to come to America.

I used the CATO institute so you guys can’t attack the source as being left wing.

This idea that the border is wide open and people are streaming through isn’t true in the least. It’s something right wing politicians and media pundits have been saying, and you just unquestionably believe it, like most things you’re told by them.

The reality is that hardly anything has changed from when Donald Trump was President. Joe Biden is just continuing Trumps disastrous policies. And without a hint of irony you guys are blaming it all on Democrats. At what point do you actually think about what you’re being told instead of just believing whatever Republican politicians say?

so Joe Biden didn't erase all the things Trump did to stop the flow across the border? He didn't dismantle the "remain in Mexico" thing, and didn't stop building the border wall, and literally told people to come and we would let them in?

I honestly want to hear your explanation of that rather than have you run off.

I hope you don't RUNNOFT.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: camain

Here is what we had. Under the previous admin, Trump admitted there was a problem. A big one. He first decided to find a way to lock the border down so we didn't have swarms of people slipping through any and every place they could. He was able to get Mexico to help stop them from coming through their nation and they stopped their people from coming over. We had a system in place to stop the flow.

That doesn't fix the problem, and it wasn't intended to fix the problem. Trump rightly said the problem needed to be fixed in Washington DC. Our laws were wrong, and those are what needed repair. But in order to repair the laws, we needed order and accountability first. That to many people sounded like a good start. Something we could all get behind. If it upset you that we didn't have a steady flow of immigrants, super, get your ass up to the Hill and make some good new laws. But we have laws for a reason. And if you just ignore those laws, where does it end? Which other laws are OK to disregard?

The reason for the current problem is EGO. Which is super comical knowing that Trump likely had the largest EGO in history, yet Biden would stand by and throw gasoline on the fire as long as he didn't have to admit Trump got something right. At least this is how it looks from my house.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Sorry , your community sucks . My community is the best and the rest of you stay the hell out

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The reality is that hardly anything has changed from when Donald Trump was President. Joe Biden is just continuing Trumps disastrous policies.

You have to be in some kind of catatonic coach coma not to see how
backwards you've been like, forever.

O'Biden is continuing Obama's presidency as if Trumps wasn't never even
there. It's like watching some deaf dumb and blind flying rodent. Flapping
your oversized wings with no sonar.

Bouncing off walls with no sense of elevation or direction. And you never
find your way back to your cave. Just screeching odd noises you can't even
hear your own self. Flopping around bouncing off walls till one day you finally
hit the ground and you're done. With nothing accomplished.

edit on 25-4-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join