It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parent demolishes woke school

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: 19Bones79
a reply to: Boadicea

Well not literally duh. Did you join the thread hoping for a car crash?

It's ok if you did.

I read the thread actually hoping that something productive and proactive had happened to make the school change their ways... at least reconsider their ways. I was hoping to hear that he had done something practical like starting a petition among parents with half promising to pull their kids out and the school agreeing to work the issues out with the parents.

I thought there would be real substance. There wasn't.

Actually after further mulling, he DID do somethuing.

We're talking about it, aren't we? I live in Michigan, NOT NYC, so that's a success on his part. Just because he didn't jump the headmaster in a dark alley and exact vengeance doesn't make it a loss, their feet are hot as hell right now with all the national attention.

I'd mark that down as an Alt Win, if you will.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Not all that long ago, I would have as well.

But talk is cheap. Especially when the "talk" turns into trash talk, and simply becomes a self-gratifying rant. It's not enough. We need action. Productive, practical and proactive measures need to be taken to stop the momentum.

There are real issues facing minorities, that real people want fixed. Critical Race Theory doesn't fix them, and will only make matters worse, but no one is offering any better plan. If Critical Race Theory is all they've got, they'll take it. And the Thief-in-Chief is already doing what he can to make it federally mandated in both public and private schools.

We need real solutions. Real ideas. Real action. By real people.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Not all that long ago, I would have as well.

But talk is cheap. Especially when the "talk" turns into trash talk, and simply becomes a self-gratifying rant. It's not enough. We need action. Productive, practical and proactive measures need to be taken to stop the momentum.

There are real issues facing minorities, that real people want fixed. Critical Race Theory doesn't fix them, and will only make matters worse, but no one is offering any better plan. If Critical Race Theory is all they've got, they'll take it. And the Thief-in-Chief is already doing what he can to make it federally mandated in both public and private schools.

We need real solutions. Real ideas. Real action. By real people.

Other than rounding people up, what can anyone do? And I mean WITHOUT turning into these tools in the process?

This is The Rock, and The Hard Place, and we're in between. There is no clear next move, because all moves have already been invalidated, cancel cultured, stomped out, or harassed into oblivion.

I don't have any ideas left, other than to circumvent with idle chatter. They can't squash THAT yet. What would you suggest? I'm very serious, but also serious about not becoming what we refuse to validate, too, so that does need kept in mind. Sometimes taking the higher road suuuucks when the low road is quicker. Dirtier, and less reliable, though.
edit on 4/25/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I don't have any ideas left, other than to circumvent with idle chatter. They can't squash THAT yet. What would you suggest? I'm very serious, but also serious about not becoming what we refuse to validate, too, so that does need kept in mind. Sometimes taking the higher road suuuucks when the low road is quicker. Dirtier, and less reliable, though.

First, do no harm.

Second, understand your opposition, understand the strengths and weaknesses of their position, as well as the vices and virtues of their position.

Then, find common ground.

Finally, figure out solutions that address the root problems, and create a better outcome.

There are no one-size-fits-all bandages. Most people know that. Specific issues will vary depending on specific needs and circumstances.

For example, the specific issues in an elite private school in NYC will be very different than the specific needs of a poor public school in the inner city. Demeaning and demoralizing White children in an elite private school will not help the poor Black kids in an inner city school. How could this father have acknowledged the issues purportedly being addressed and challenged the school to do better? To do something proactive and constructive rather than reactive and destructive? What could the elite private school/its parents/its students do that would create real tangible benefit to the poor public school/its parents/its students? Tutoring? Scholarships? Fundraisers for supplies?

This isn't something any of us wanted to deal with. Most people don't have the time or inclination. And those pushing it are counting on that. The only way to stop it is to offer better solutions until no one has the time or inclination for this crap called Critical Race Theory.

This is off the top of my head.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Have you tried emotional eating?

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
When kids, are taught to hate them selves for any reason, they hate the world that teaches them this.

“If the young are not initiated into the tribe they will burn down the village just to feel its warmth.” - African proverb.

I'm relieved he did not actually demolish the school.
edit on 00000041054410America/Chicago25 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join