It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bandaids are Racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 02:26 AM
link   
So, I'll admit, my commentary on this is going to be pretty low effort because, well this is some dumb #...

Yeah... apparantly if your bandaid does't match your skin tone it's racist and this is because white supremacy.

Honestly you know the drill at this point, i don't even know what the # to say to this level of ridiculousness.

Bandaids are racist because they're designed to match white people's skin colours i guess.

I literally can't believe how many people must have been paid to research this # and write the numerous articles i found on this. There's far more than what i posted here. A lot of money has been wasted on this #.

www.wibc.com...

It’s a common occurrence and one we’ve all experienced…

You’re cutting fresh organic produce on a casual Saturday morning with a knife that hasn’t been sharpened since the Eisenhower administration.

The children – all appropriately dressed in gender-neutral clothing, sporting buzzcuts, and carefully avoiding the use of pronouns to avert another “corrective beating” – are enjoying paleo pancakes with stevia sprinkles and locally-sourced honey.

Suddenly, your four-year-old, Pat, asks why he/she can’t “eat the Mrs. Butterworth syrup anymore?”

Startled by this outburst of overt and hateful rhetoric from your obviously racist pre-schooler, you momentarily lose your bearings and sever a finger.

“Look what you made Mommy do!” you scream at the child whose therapy bills will one day exceed her student loan debt.

You desperately search for a trusty box of Band-Aids to stop the massive amounts of blood that are spurting forth from your four-fingered hand like the famous fountains at Bellagio in Las Vegas.

Now semi-conscious and fading fast, you stagger over to the pantry, grab the first-aid kit, and hopelessly claw at the lid of the box.

“I’ll help you, Mommy,” says Pat. “I still have all my fingers.”

Pat makes quick work of the lid, removes the trusty box of Band-Aids, and begins to adhere a flesh-colored bandage to your gaping wound.

“Wait a minute, Mommy dearest!” Pat suddenly exclaims. “We can’t use Band-Aids anymore. Band-Aids are the color of white people’s flesh. Teacher says that’s white privilege.”

www.sciencenews.org...

Redefining ‘flesh-colored’ bandages makes medicine more inclusive

The school nurse cleaned her up and covered the wound with a peach-tinted bandage. On Oyesiku’s dark skin, the bandage stuck out, so Oyesiku colored it with a brown marker. Years later, Oyesiku, now a medical student at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, needed to conceal a wound on her face after undergoing surgery. Well aware that the surgeon’s office was unlikely to have a supply of brown bandages on hand, she came prepared with her own box. Those episodes left her wondering, though: Why were such bandages not more widely available?

The ubiquity of peach or “flesh” colored bandages provides a stark reminder that medicine remains centered on white patients, says Oyesiku,

www.forbes.com...

Johnson & Johnson announced last week that it’s making a change to its production of Band-Aid brand bandages to include brown and black skin tones to embrace racial diversity.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I have freckles
edit on 24/4/2021 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

I want a freckles bandaid!

Now!

How dare you exclude freckles!

Monsters!

FFS where are we headed?

P

edit on 24/4/2021 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Freckles...oh you mean white supremacy spots?

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Lol..the AZ auditors and court cases are making them nervous in the sevice...
They are releasing the media civil unrest bots hard!!
Lame gitmo tourist wannabes.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I'm in Scotland, not often I get a tan deep enough to match a band aid.
Maybe they should just make them all food industry blue, then nobody can complain.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

I know when I'm bleeding out the first thing on my mind is whether the thing that'll stop my blood from flowing everywhere matches my skin or not.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Don't even get started on bandages and casts.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 02:47 AM
link   

What these articles fail to take into account is that you can buy transparent band aids, and have been able to do so for over 20 years.

You've also been able to buy multiple shades, or ones with cartoon characters on.

This is a fake controversy.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

What these articles fail to take into account is that you can buy transparent band aids, and have been able to do so for over 20 years.

You've also been able to buy multiple shades, or ones with cartoon characters on.

What flesh colored bandage would you get at a hospital?

Not of your choice.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Maybe they should just make them all food industry blue,

I am not sure I would want that. The blue means the item is detectable with a metal detector in case it gets droped into the machinery. Bandaids with iron particles added in might not be that healthy.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What flesh colored bandage would you get at a hospital? Not of your choice.

Then you should stay away from those awful places.

When will you start on the bead sheet color or rather, lack of it. They're white! OMG!

Annee, send the message to the world, lead the charge .. bead sheets are racist!

So are white tiles! OMG!

P

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:04 AM
link   
All those enslaved miners in Africa, digging rocks out of the ground that are then sailed around the world on ships crewed by press-ganged Indonesians to be made into products in concentration camps in China.

All to ensure people like this can live comfortable, easy lives and complain how they are oppressed by band-aids.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Am I racist if I point out that it is probably cheaper to make band aids without using more pigments then necessary? If you belive what I am saying is true would it be racist to say the cheaper the manufacture cost the cheaper it is to purchase?

Just making an inquiry.
Not woke
Not triggered
and

I really don't like folks that are just wish I understand better

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 04:23 AM
link   
It's not really fake if it's a teacher, is it? I this day and age? She is the person children look up to.

I mean, yeeet.

edit on 24-4-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I usually don't have time in my job to walk across the whole production area for a bandaid if I need it.

A quick rinse and wrap with paper towel and a piece of black electrical use tape or duct tape from my toolbox, it does the trick.

Yeah, I that case I could be identifiable as black person or gray alien but the paper towel is white, so I end up as multicultural redneck.

I see now I could be a target for BLM, Proud Boys or taken to Area 51 for further interrogation and weird experiments.

In the last case, I know they'll try to reverse engineering my hack.
edit on 24-4-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

What flesh colored bandage would you get at a hospital?

Not of your choice.

I see In your mind, you need to have a fine selection of bandages in every hospital. They don't have your color ???, you rather keep bleeding and protest.

What you gonna do if they say you need a transfusion ?
edit on 24-4-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

Maybe they should just make them all food industry blue,

I am not sure I would want that. The blue means the item is detectable with a metal detector in case it gets droped into the machinery. Bandaids with iron particles added in might not be that healthy.

That is true. Those blue ones are what they have for all in the food handling part of the process.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Purple, green, yellow ... everybody just drop the stupid

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   
everyone loves being offended, or being offended by other people being offended...

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
everyone loves being offended, or being offended by other people being offended...

I’m offended by your musings right now at this moment, hmmmm

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join