It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got your Taser right here...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   
And I can't say where, anatomically, it is located. But I can say it is JUNK when dealing with someone with a deadly weapon. In this case, a hammer.

Of course BLM and liberals haven't rioted, since this individual's skin tone was too light apparently, but here is the video anyway.

My mistake. Slow motion video shows it is indeed a BM subject. The point still stands. However, expect riots/Ben Crump any moment to tell you how close he was to curing cancer or solving world hunger.

www.youtube.com...

You'll see multiple failed deployments of the Taser, 40mm (probably foam rounds) and a final hit with the Taser the subject shakes off before charging LAPD officers

When seconds count... and a threat must be STOPPED immediately...thank GOD officers don't go for their Taser.

*Not implying they should riot either. The shooting was clearly justified.

Here's another video showing Berkley's upstanding gun-deprived liberal population. This individual attempts to light multiple others on fire.

This would have also been a justified shooting. Although brave citizens nearby were able to take him down. The point is still valid.
edit on 4/23/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It's not a far cry from reality to think top democrats hope for police on black violence and secretly cheer it on. They wouldn't have any kind of talking points without exaggerating these stories to the extreme with heavy drama filled rants about white supremacy. If we were anything remotely close to what they portray us as, there wouldn't be a single left wing minority left. The real shame is how the left have successfully duped the black community and taken full advantage of them while pointing their sausage fingers at us.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Here's another Taser almost getting a CPD SGT killed

Thank God this guy "only" had a knife

Do you see how indecisive they were? Including the lack of lethal backup initially and then extreme reluctance to use deadly force even when it was glaringly obvious

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

How true. They have turned words upside down, sold many the big lie and continue to set their sights on everything worth preserving

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Yea, those tasers are like a mosquito bite on nutcases, meth heads or someone on pcp or...

Greatest cop show taser clip of all time...?

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Why would top democrats secretly want police on black violence?

Do you?

I suppose at least this case shows officers knows a taser from a handgun.
How many shots fired in this clip? As many as it takes i guess.

I have missed your point entirely.
edit on 24-4-2021 by sunkuong because: Missing the point

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

That first video reminded me of something I hadn't thought about for quite some time.....

Do cops still use those beanbag shotguns?

To me, this seemed like an instance where the beanbags MAY have been effective.

Yes, he could still throw the hammer, but most people can dodge a hammer.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

They do in many cases and yes they are very effective! So are the ones made of cork board PROVIDED both are fired from a lovely Rem 870 12 ga.

Those 40mm "grenade launchers" are TOTAL JUNK!!!!! IMO "Foam baton" rounds...laughable
Give me Def Tech's "triple chaser" any day

I tend to agree a well placed beanbag round to the body fired from a standard 12 ga shotgun would've taken the wind right out of his sails...and since they had their lethal backup it would have even been an appropriate response

Always appreciated CN/CS gas too, those nasty little crystals get in your clothes, in your hair..on your property...the gift that keeps on giving hours or days later . Not really appropriate here really, but it is great for barricade suspect and "smoking someone out" (without the fire)

A well placed tear gas canister can also cover a hasty retreat down an alleyway, hallway or other enclosed space...when you have a bunch of angry psychos trying to do you harm
edit on 4/24/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. Could end very badly if you don't know what you're doing with guns. If you are gonna set up a 12 ga for LTL/LL, paint that sucker orange or bright green so you don't ever mistakingly put a real round in place of your beanbag. Even paint the shell if you want to be extra careful (and you should)

This appears to be a fairly short barrel on this 12 ga, and you can tell the intensity of its pain induced compliance

Compared to a 40mm foam projectile round

FWIW, even in these training scenarios, aiming a weapon (even loaded with less lethal) at a friendly just doesn't feel right. So train to overcome that feeling.
edit on 4/24/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   

That actually looks a bit more painful than I had realized. I didn't really know anything about them, aside from them being non-lethal. I had assumed the beanbags were slightly bigger than that, and also assumed it was a different kind of gun, specifically for the beanbags. I didn't know you could get them for a standard 12-Gauge.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Oh yeah they do not feel good at all, they can actually be lethal if misused (shot to the head) but a lot of folks will paint them orange

When the SRT (SWAT) guys get ready for entry, they stage all kind of tools nearby. If you ever look youll see different color weapons laying nearby, painted shotguns for less lethal, shotguns with canister launching ability, 40mm for sending tear gas through barricades, fire dept tools like the Halligan bar for forcing doors, ladders and anything else they might require

When a square body shot is taken, it inflicts a stinging pain that is designed to go with officer commands. The idea is escalating pain compliance that will end once the subject complies

There is limits of course. Strikes are generally seen as a higher level of force, compares to OC/impact munitions/chemical irritants or EMD like the Taser

Punches, kicks and some holds are of course not pain compliance techniques which is why Chauvin ultimately broke the law

If he had used his Taser to "drive stun" the individuals large muscle it would be different. But since strikes, including punches, are generally just one level below deadly force its much more serious

edit on 4/26/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Heres some good examples of the beanbags: www.firequest.com...

And there is another type that shoots a fin stabilized slug made of heavy rubber, www.firequest.com... these are decent too but if you use them to be very careful to avoid shooting above the mid section. Belly, back, legs or arms is best. Always make sure to have a good distance, at least 10ft+ between you and them to avoid blunt force trauma injuries with any sort of less lethal round

I have been hit with both these projectiles and they are incredibly painful, looks a little like a paintball bruise just with a good bit more energy behind it. Totally harmless when used properly though and could prevent escalation to deadly force if its used in the right situation

Tasers are just too short range and they have such a high failure rate even though its a brilliant idea at its core
edit on 4/26/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

top topics

join