It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An apology . . . I guess I'm a good german

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
"Good Germans" is a term referring to German citizens during and after World War II who claimed not to have supported the Nazi regime, but remained silent and did not resist in a meaningful way.
-Internet

I placed this in the 'Pit because it'll probably get ugly, and I'm okay with that.

My wife has health issues I'll never discuss online. Me? Why not. I've got Parkinson's Disease and still work. Damned tremors always f#cking up my typing. But this is just the preface.

The reason I don't actively fight the evil left and stupid draconian laws and mask mandates is because I can't afford to. I'd lose my job. I can't afford to lose my job. I make too much and need too much.

If I lost my job I'll be stuck at VA healthcare and my wife would suffer worse.

So I obey the mask mandates in Oregon, I obey the workplace mandates and don't say a God-damned thing, because I can't afford to be honest. It bothers me.

It upsets me.

But I am not brave enough to stand up for what is actually right. I can't risk it. Not my wife. No f#cking way.

And that's where we are in America. We're breeding a generation of pathetic cowards like myself, too afraid to suffer the punishment of the authoritarians.

I guess I'll always be outspoken under the guise of anonymity, but will never risk my family. Sorry folks.

Can't do it.

And I hate myself for it, but that's where we are. I'll be a "good german" and take care of my family and ignore the stench of the ovens.

/rant

Feel your pain. I am in the exact same predicament minus the health issues and not happy with myself for it. Wife and young children who would suffer for me speaking my mind. Can't do it. I want out, at the very least out of the state I live in, but am not in a good enough position to make it happen. Sad state of reality.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Should we ask underwerks to kindly hand back the apology he took from you whilst sorting through this mess of an OP?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
It's funny because your title says 'apology' but you never actually said sorry for anything. Huh.

"Sorry".

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
To be fair, Underwerks is correct with his definition of "Good German" in this context. Not sure where Trump comes into it though.

You may have a different definition in America but in Europe at least it is correct.

We may disagree on some topics but I have to say in all honesty, good luck going forward.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

the stench of the ovens.

Nothing like the smell of burnt snowflakes in the morning.

Ah, yes. "Snowflakes."

"Communist Democrat Handbook Of Snappy Comebacks And One-Liners Useful For Deflection" snappy comeback #2 - "Snowflake."

Toe that line, comrade.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kaiju666
MEANT THIS REPLY TO OP:
Unfortunately, too many people have things to lose that prevent them from doing anything meaningful, as you say. There aren’t enough people who have nothing to lose, or who feel the future of the country and what it will look like for our kids isn’t as important as what they have now. It’s part of why where we are now and it’s a big part of why we will end up with no freedoms, not too far in the future.

edit on 23-4-2021 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
It's funny because your title says 'apology' but you never actually said sorry for anything. Huh.

And you didn't read the OP, did you? You skimmed it.

I guess I'll always be outspoken under the guise of anonymity, but will never risk my family. Sorry folks.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
"Good German"? More like the worst kind of German. German Comedians are rarely funny, but you're always good for a light hearted laugh even in the most serious of threads. You bring us a good point in a light manner.

As for sitting back and doing little about the crap of a world we live in. You're here discussing and participating in the discussions, and in the end regardless of which side of the debate you're on, is more than most people in to days world.

So in case you weren't aware, which many are not, doing the small part of what you are doing is in line with many people in history.

Case in point: It's WIKI so shut up

The colonists' opposition to the tax marked the start of a conflict that would culminate in the American Revolution. The disagreement centered on Parliament's right to levy taxes on the colonists, who were not directly represented in that body. However, events deteriorated until the outbreak of the American Revolutionary War of 1775–83, in which the colonists split into two factions: Loyalists, who continued to adhere to King George III, and the Patriots, whom Madison joined, under the leadership of the Continental Congress. Madison believed that Parliament had overstepped its bounds by attempting to tax the American colonies, and he sympathized with those who resisted British rule. He also favored disestablishing the Anglican Church in Virginia; Madison believed that an established religion was detrimental not only to freedom of religion, but also because it encouraged closed-mindedness and unquestioning obedience to the authority of the state.

In 1774, Madison took a seat on the local Committee of Safety, a pro-revolution group that oversaw the local Patriot militia. In October 1775, he was commissioned as the colonel of the Orange County militia, serving as his father's second-in-command until his election as a delegate to the Fifth Virginia Convention, which was charged with producing Virginia's first constitution. Of short stature and frequently in poor health, Madison never saw battle in the Revolutionary War, but he rose to prominence in Virginia politics as a wartime leader.

At the Virginia constitutional convention, he convinced delegates to alter the Virginia Declaration of Rights to provide for "equal entitlement," rather than mere "tolerance," in the exercise of religion. With the enactment of the Virginia constitution, Madison became part of the Virginia House of Delegates, and he was subsequently elected to the Virginia governor's Council of State. In that role, he became a close ally of Governor Thomas Jefferson. On July 4, 1776, the United States Declaration of Independence was published formally declaring 13 American states an independent nation, no longer under the Crown or British rule.

So yeah James "Friggen" Madison. He never lifted a finger against the British, but he also didn't lower his voice out of compliance. It seems everyday more and more people are being silenced in this world and you, DBCowboy, and many others here at ATS are refusing to stay quiet by either furthering the conversation or by bringing new light to the topics. As long as people like you, me, and everyone here continues to keep their voices going, then the opposition will not win it's war of silencing us.

So good job, even with this thread you are bringing to light the issues that the silent majority might not have the words for.

EDITED PART BELOW:
I know what you said, but even in a no-named state of addressing your self as DBCowboy, you are in fact doing something like everyone else here. Sometimes not pulling a trigger is more powerful then doing so.
edit on 23-4-2021 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

link   

My friend you and millions if not billions around the world keep their mouths shut and their heads down while ignoring wrong doings by individuals and governments.

A couple of days ago in Myanmar the protest against the military coup got 80 people killed and no telling how many wounded. Until we as individuals are willing to lay down our lives for a cause or lose everything those who run the show are safe.

IMO Ignorance poverty and debt is the program of the left; keep everyone on the bottom rung and beholden to the NWO..... To ignore the demonstrated facts does not change the facts.

A society may know their government is rotten to the core but if they find themselves in a position of tolerable existence things will continue until the laws start picking favorites; then all it takes is for a spark to bring the whole thing down. A government can only survive as long as the governed think they have a voice in the way they are being governed and all are equal under the law.. I always believed this to be true however by the example you give with the Germans it is not always true at all. The very gradual creep of lost rights and freedoms must be done so as not to trip an uprising by the many as the few try to hold on to power. People need to feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel even if in reality there is just more darkness.

It is rare for freedoms to be lost over night instead they are traded away piece by piece until it is to late to ever reclaim all that has been lost.

Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?

So it was not just the Germans and their desire to just get through life without any governmental entanglements but all the humans probably since the first village have had to cooperate to graduate.. if you know what I mean ??

I do believe most people are good at heart but never take your eyes off the politicians for that will give them the freedom to build their political empires, enhance and expand their supporters in the civil service while gaining control of the media which will help stifle any views/words that do not toll the political line. A loss of reality seems to be a prerequisite for way to may politicians because money and reelection leads them by the nose.

We never appreciate our health until it leaves us and then each day is a struggle to just do many of the things we used to do in our everyday life.. Hang in their my friend for the good or the bad is just as it is...and you are not alone.

link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Ah, yes. "Ovens".

Digital Fascists Textbook for Edgy Starwhores & Reductionist History Titbits, Episode 23 - "stench of the ovens".

Drop me another line and I'll lick the toad, comrade.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Most of us are pretty invested in one way or another and have a lot to lose if we get fired for not being "woke" or for resisting the ridiculousness.

There isn't a whole lot to say by way of apology.

Everyone on the forum knows I got the vaccine against my personal desires for those reasons. It wasn't what I wanted or would have chosen, but it was what I felt I needed to do for my position in life currently.

And I am so very sorry to hear about the Parkinson's diagnosis. Of all the people to have that one come their way, it should not have been you (not that anyone deserves that).

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You have nothing to apologize for.

I'll leave it at that, because some topics can't be talked about on ATS, and what I would have to say would necessarily have to go where "angels fear to tread" to turn a phrase.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You can't equate wearing a mask to the extermination of millions of Jewish people. That's the extremism and hyperbole of the idiot left/right/whatever it is that ATS has become. Remember when you were an adult? Try to get back there and see extremism as shown here for what it is: self-indulgent idiocy.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I'm afrad the left will do what it will do.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hey DC,

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation.

I didn't know.

If you like I could recommend an excellent divorce attorney who could take care of that for you.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   

WE will fight the good fight for you.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Time to say F it.

Go, get your hair did, mani, pedi, buy that dress you know you've been obsessing over.

Maybe let the wife get a jigg of her favorite chewing tobacci.

Then, just put your head in her lap, and she'll tell you what to do nect.

ETA: On a more serious note, I'll be praying for you and yours bro. God Bless.
edit on 4/23/2021 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Buck up, matey.

edit on 4/23/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is that your autobiographical tune?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Now we know why the bunny weeps....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join