It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a person have too many tools?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Fancy coming over and having a look at my Garage? My car hasn't seen the inside of it for years due to it being stacked to the brim with tools.

If you find more than 2 of anything you can keep the spare.

Bought a new Stihl saw the other week as no effing way i was emptying that mess out to find my other one. TS420, she's a beaut.

edit on 24/4/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Awesome explanation, I will pull the safety now and look for a professional device. It's just too dangerous with what you describe, I have Ethanol, 102 octane gasoline and some Methanol in storage.

The last thing I need, is a dust explosion. I appreciate your post very much, thank you for going out of your way to explain this.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

My pleasure! Please feel free to let me know how I may be able to help you in the future.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Great
I will keep that in the back of my head. Simply AMA about race cars, I build engines and I will attend a famous 24h race this June as a team member (not driving). I own a valid racing licence, and are working myself up to a track instructor for personal track and driving instruction by foot and wheel, on said race track. On top of it I own a small engine shop + restauration.

Acceleration and speed is my passion, but I am a mother so I now concentrate more on enabling others to drive clean (=fast). I will attend my last drag race this year though and then sell, already have a buyers list. There's an old challenge that I accepted but could not face yet because of a thermal failure betw. cylinder 3 and 4, after having to shut down the engine during a very frustrating encounter with the racing marshals (autobahn police)... next time I put some boost into the cans, a thumb sized chunk broke out between cyl 3 and 4. That's where they crack. every. damn. time.

Oh, I drifted off but you have an idea what I do now. And baking and sewing. Don't be shy to ask

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
...I build engines and I will attend a famous 24h race...

...but I am a mother...

And baking...

You have a kindred soul in Melbourne at Lune Croissanterie.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You have to explain that in depth because I am intrigued now. I know AUS and NZ are into JDM, especially the type I am confident with.

Before I went into data analytics and then made my hobby a job, I was responsible for cakes at a confectionery&bakery, also sheet dough sweets and cookies. I don't know if they still apply my change to all recipes I touched but the legendary walnut butter sheet dough crossaint is still sought after and it's hard to get one even for me now. I used a different cut, right angled triangle. The benefit is that with the right rolling technique you can get all stages of goodness on one side and bake the other side perfectly golden. With two charges timed different you can get soft and crunchy versions. I talk hundreds made by hand each day, different fillings, all by hand.

I confess I can't get them quite that way with my own equipment and oven.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The woman that started the bakery is a former F1 aerodynamic engineer. She turned that passion into making arguably the world's best croissants. Check out the link.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Checked before asking, but didn't knew her background, thank you for explaining.

F1, wow! She's a different league though, I don't have any science degrees or F1 experience.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Still cool either way.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I dunno. I used a twig to fix a sander today. Depends on your definition of tools.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Oh yes, like I wrote, she's way above my level, I admire her focus and also knowledge, the closest I ever came to aerodynamics was laminating carbon fibre into forms, but the form and process wasn't done by me.

It was bottom planels for the Audi R8s. This race will be the pinacle of my motorsport life. I've selected, prepared (grinding, honing assembling) the engine parts, assembled the engine by myself, parameterized and wrote special maps that we can switch, from the specs the customer wanted.

It's has a telemetry system on board and I already go through test drive data daily because I will "man" the telemetry station and be responsible for the engines health. 8hour me, then I can sleep a few hours and then another 8 hour round until we cross the finish line without major problems.

There's a rival team we want will absolutely destroy, I wasn't there when the rivalry started but they are dickheads and need to be told where their place is. One of their drivers mocked us for having me responsible for the engine (because I don't carry a sword between my legs) and also talk about burned rice.

Just their budget seems like fourfold but we don't care, we all don't come from big money, we have gasoline flowing through our veins. How I missed the track drama, it's almost like in VLN times.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join