It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid Survivors and Increased Risk of Death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

thank you, i appreciate you acknowledging that.

can you please discuss what you feel is biased about this research? or what you feel is biased about reporting on different strains?

do you just feel it's a case of media oversaturation that is intended to engender fear?

is there an amount of research and reporting about it that you feel is warranted?

i would be happy to hear your views on these topics even if they are at odds with mine, i just don't find that the types of comments i characterized in my earlier post have been adding a lot to these threads.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We've always had large masses of scared idiots that have refused to think.

The biggest problem is that the scared idiots who refuse to think are closer to having all power over everyone than at any time in memorable history. They have almost all the power and are trying very hard to get it all.

They keep changing the rules to help themselves. I think they want the reasonable people to knock the board over but we know that is what they want and will not just because they want it.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Effects the of any feel dont I, fine just feel i, too covid had I!

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Just keep in mind that we'll only have to shut things down for two weeks to flatten the curve.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

COVID-19 survivors have increased risk of death six months after diagnosis, study using veterans for datafinds

Here, we use the national healthcare databases of the US Department of Veterans Affairs to systematically and comprehensively identify 6-month incident sequalae including diagnoses, medication use, and laboratory abnormalities in 30-day survivors of COVID-19

Cool study, I'm sure veterans are representative of the entirety of the population right?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The only part of the idea of covid being the Scamdemic that I agree with is just as you said, to Sell Medicine, better yet to Sell Pharmaceuticals.

Big Pharma got much richer as a result of this pandemic being misaddressed by leadership initially and will continue to grow in wealth as misinformation and disdain for public health continue to be prevalent.

Sick people is an opportunity for big bucks, if that's your industry.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But that was two weeks ago.

About 5 times that many might be close as of now.

edit on 4 23 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Glad you are feeling better.

I’m a long hauler also, I became sick March 2020, and still dealing with issues. I could go on and on, but those of us in the club, know the deal.

Enjoy fishing and I wish you good health.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I am disgusted by the fear mongering. You act as though this is something special to be afraid of and my point is that it's nothing new at all.

Common illnesses, mild ones, can dig in and cause long term impact. COVID *not* doing it would be news.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The issue I have with studies like this is not that the studies are being done... as you say, information is important. It is rather that there is no explanation given. I can accept a correlation, but that then brings up another question: are the deaths the result of the virus, is the virus the result of an impending death, is another metric causing both, or is it simple coincidence? All of these are possible. Some appear to be less likely than others, but one cannot simply dismiss a possibility without investigating it thoroughly.

I've used this example before: If I go out in my front yard waving turkey feathers every day at 4:00 PM and then notice that the sun sets every day shortly after 4:00 PM. I could claim a correlation between waving turkey feathers at 4:00 PM and the sun setting. Of course, that correlation would be biased; the sun will set shortly after 4:00 PM whether I wave turkey feathers or not. I could, however, conduct a study in Alaska during the summer months where I didn't wave turkey feathers and the sun didn't set, using that as my control. I could then write all that up, grease the appropriate palms, and actually have a reasonable chance of getting my paper published.

Yeah, it's an extreme example, but it showcases the reason we have a scientific method as well as why studies need to be repeatable and data must be easily available for re-analysis. Without those controls, my silly little study could actually lead to people all standing out in their front yards at 4:00 PM waving turkey feathers to bring on night. And of course, we all know that waving turkey feathers has absolutely no effect on the planet spinning in orbit.

Science history is rife with similar examples, some just as silly based on knowledge we have today.

Just saying "you are more likely to die after getting the Chinese virus" really doesn't say anything other than "we need more funding to keep researching." I would have more interest if the causes of death were better categorized and analyzed. As it is, I see this as akin to saying that somehow the Chinese virus "sucks the life force out" of those who contact it. OK, so what is a "life-force"? Not having an answer to that question means we might as well be talking about magic potions and waving magic wands.

I do hope these researchers get more funding; I would really like to see an explanation for their findings. This deserves more study, if just to uncover a hidden bias. But until more information comes to light, I am skeptical.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well we might all be dying but the spanish mackerel we just caught is dying first!

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
good morning, pandemic fans!

Thread drift.
It has recently come to my attention that while I am not in agreement with most of what you post, I don't care as long as I can look at your avatar. Repeatedly.

Carry on.

ETA: OP cut for space, not that I don't agree with it being a good morning. Your avatar helped with that.
edit on 23-4-2021 by SideEyeEverything because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I had Covid nearly 13 months ago. I go for my second vaccine tomorrow. Damn, I thought I was going to die from the vaccine, now you've thrown doubt in my mind, so now it's back to the I'm gonna die from Covid again.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Justaposter
Thank you. I think I mainly have weak muscles in general as a result of being unable to be active for so long and my sinuses run almost constantly. The doctors don’t know what to do with the sinuses. I have tried about a dozen medications both pills and sprays. They do nothing or cause a bad nose bleed.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
a reply to: putnam6

Here, we use the national healthcare databases of the US Department of Veterans Affairs to systematically and comprehensively identify 6-month incident sequalae including diagnoses, medication use, and laboratory abnormalities in 30-day survivors of COVID-19.

looks like national... i'm thinking probably a distinction wasn't made as to variants but i would be interested to know how that factors in, for sure.

All kinds of useful data at the link below(from whatevs). For example, 19A and 19B were dominant at first and we lost a lot of persons likely from that variant. Now 19A and 19B are barely even showing up in the US. The closest place that has 19A prevalent in Panama. This brings even more questions ergo since the US has been through 19A and 19B and it shifted does that make us generally full of COVID 19 antibodies and make us less susceptible.

nextstrain.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I love you now. Great post,

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join