It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid Survivors and Increased Risk of Death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
a reply to: carewemust

i hear ya man, what do we need all this INFORMATION for anyway... just clutters up the brain

Right! Some people can't handle being reminded that we live in a world of threats to our life. And one of them will eventually get us. 100% guaranteed.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm pretty certain I caught it twice, I wasn't so sure til I lost my sense of smell.

If this means that my days are now numbered then it won't be long til I can stop paying bills.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

funny i don't see you spreading this kind of love around when people talk about cancer or heart disease or drunk driving

'hey man SOMETHING is gonna get you! why sweat the particulars!'

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The ace receptors the virus attaches to are not on every cell. The virus also can attach to some other receptors they are finding out. So if the virus kills those cells with the ace receptors, that it can get at, those cells die, and the ones that do not get killed must make new cells, increasing the chance of problems for a while till the numbers increase again.

That increase of risk of complications is not limited to this virus, a lot of microbes can lead to that increase of risk of adverse effects and deaths. Humans have been taught over the millennia to consume certain food, especially herb and medicinal foods, to lessen the risk of bad problems with microbes. The spices we put on foods often lower the risk of adverse problems in health, most have medicinal benefits and we think these combinations actually taste good since we have been consuming them on our food for a long time. Our parents shared their recipes and got us used to sharing these food chemistries that protect us from diseases and lately people have been disregarding the knowledge of our ancestors which leads to a need for expensive medicines.

As with all viral infections there is a recovery period in which you have lost some ability to fight other infections which increases mortality rates. Depending on how many cells have died, the time to regenerate the cells corresponds to the length of the illness. Our immune system actually kills destroys damaged cells the virus wants to use the cells to replicate, it usually hijacks the cell which will eventually kill it. After your illness is seemingly over, the immune system is still cleaning up....so you can still go downhill for a while.

This is normal, it is not limited to this virus but the infection time is a little longer with this so it might be a little more of a problem.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I had a really bad chest infection, a respiratory thing. It took two courses of antbiotics and steroids to get over it, and it took a further 4 months plus to get past the coughing and chest pain from same and a few months more to get my full breath back.

But that was years before COVID. You all act like long term effects from even relatively mild illnesses were never heard of until now.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Then I must be a ghost....but I just don't know it......

Seriously though, they really are scraping the bottom of the fear barrel with this one...

Kind Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ltdan08
I used to get a lot of stuff on eBay form China. Things I just could not find from other sources. I think I got it as a free prize in a shipment. My father and I had it at the same time and we just stayed home as much as possible for over a month.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: fiverx313

Our current society has gotten so fearful of dying that it no longer knows how to live.

I pity most everyone.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Be afraid!!

Y’all mask people, vaccine people, covid people- you LOVE this fear! You LOVE it. You love this “pandemic” and evvvvverything associated with it. You say you don’t, and you will say you don’t, but everything indicates that you do.

Love you, brother! Praying you wake up/see the truth on this one. 🥰🙏🏻🥰

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: DBCowboy
As far as society goes, does it really matter? Some are idiots that fear everything.

It matters when the scared inmates take over the asylum, which they have.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

Sad all you have to do to be reckless, a threat to others, and a threat to the fabric of society is go to a public restaurant without a mask.

Living now in some places is simply ignoring the local lockdown order.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

OK. What do you propose we do about a large mass of scared idiots that refuse to think?

edit on 4 23 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
If you control the creation of the research you can make research that reinforces the fear you are trying to spread. Yes, this virus is a problem, but spreading fear is not going to fix the problem. Seems like they are trying to push medicine, not teach people how to boost their own immunity so they can properly and appropriately fight this disease.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

honestly, not sure what to say to this. you seem angry that there's talk about something new that's being studied about covid. nobody ever said this doesn't happen with other illnesses. i mean, chronic fatigue syndrome is WELL KNOWN at this point and almost always associated with a viral infection.

if you don't think the other illnesses are getting fair play why don't you start your own thread about it?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

OK. What do you propose we do about a large mass of scared idiots that refuse to think?

We've always had large masses of scared idiots that have refused to think.

It's called humanity.

None of this is new. None of this is novel.

We run around acting as if before 2020 we all lived ultra-hygienic lives in bubbles of purified air.

There have always been diseases.
People have always gotten sick.

Sadly, many often die.

It's life.

*shrugs*

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

not really sure what to say here either. a new virus, doctors study how it works, and suddenly waves of ATS people are big mad about it. wouldn't you think the cure for unreasoned fear is knowledge? or should we just be ignorant, instead of denying ignorance?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I didn’t at all take her tone or words as angry.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   

i just see a lot of people, including you, coming out of the woodwork on every thread, to shut down discussion about what this virus is and how it works, as if you are threatened just by the discussion.

no matter what aspect of the virus or prevention or response is being discussed, the reaction is the same. no real discussion of the actual topic, just 'YOU ALL LIVE IN FEARRRRR' and 'SOMETHING WILL KILL YOU ANYWAY' and 'ALL ILLNESSES MAKE YOU ILL'

there's some unreasonable fear going on here for sure, and i'm not sure why it's being used to stifle even the most mild discussion of any scientific topic related to covid. seems like a big emotional overreaction, to be honest.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

not really sure what to say here either. a new virus, doctors study how it works, and suddenly waves of ATS people are big mad about it. wouldn't you think the cure for unreasoned fear is knowledge? or should we just be ignorant, instead of denying ignorance?

Have you noticed how every couple of weeks there is a new mutant deadlier more contagious more cunning strain? Have you noticed every “discovery” they make is scarier and more dire?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

i just see a lot of people, including you, coming out of the woodwork on every thread, to shut down discussion about what this virus is and how it works, as if you are threatened just by the discussion.

no matter what aspect of the virus or prevention or response is being discussed, the reaction is the same. no real discussion of the actual topic, just 'YOU ALL LIVE IN FEARRRRR' and 'SOMETHING WILL KILL YOU ANYWAY' and 'ALL ILLNESSES MAKE YOU ILL'

there's some unreasonable fear going on here for sure, and i'm not sure why it's being used to stifle even the most mild discussion of any scientific topic related to covid. seems like a big emotional overreaction, to be honest.

You do have a point, including about me.

I’m not consciously trying to shut down discussion.

I have no problem with real actual unbiased research and reporting. So far I have seen none of that, however. and if a person believes what the media feeds then, it immediately makes me question their ability to reason and think for themselves

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join