It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Guy works at Ikea! LOL

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Can Rumble be imbeded?
This is so funny love this guy!

rumble.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I needed a good laugh. I'm sure any hourly employee can relate to this

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I swear that I've ran into a similar person at a few stores in my lifetime....

Thanx for the chuckle

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

"There's nothing in the back except schedules and some brownies Darcy brought in."

HAHAHA! This is worth watching again!

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   
That guy needs a youtube channel.
He's naturally funny.

Longer version

edit on 23/4/2021 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Ooohh, this was classic. I've worked many years in retail and he's saying what many of us have while ranting among co-workers. My favorite is when they really want to cut a deal, so they want you to ask your manager for a discount. I'd just go in the back where the managers were;

Manager: What's up??

Me: Oh, nothing, I'm just back here pretending I'm talking to you guys about giving this customer a discount.

Manager: *laughs*

I think those ones are the worst. They feel like they're always entitled to a discount on something that's either already on sale, or cheaper at our store than any other place. *facepalm*

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I am going to be that person, only because I was just talking to some of my friends about this on Wednesday night.

This is not just funny, this is now normal, expected, and accepted behavior.

There is no more expectation of courtesy, civil discourse, manners, or pleasantries. Our society has changed, and the bad ass, the rude, the intolerant, and the hostile, are now king.

I saw the levity in the video, it also made me feel sad.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Funny idea with the leaning back and coming closer in timing with the music change. Found it funny, because it was so way over top.

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There is no more expectation of courtesy, civil discourse, manners, or pleasantries.

Consider that may have driven him to adapt to the customer base, right or wrong, just pointing out this. We don't know him, just this little snippet of his life. He may be the family man of the year, jumping to conclusions or trying to guess on his personality isn't really better. Not saying you do but that's the other side of the coin in your argument.

If you worked in service, depends on the customer base though... You can be as friendly, competent or anything, when they are just used to treat someone that caters to them like machines or faceless entities... enough of those and you begin to become snarky. I've seen it as a customer done to waitress and I got it myself, to give you an example.

It's not an excuse but remember what I wrote in the first paragraph.
edit on 23.4.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

edit on 23.4.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: typoooooooos

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

We don't know him, just this little snippet of his life. He may be the family man of the year, jumping to conclusions or trying to guess on his personality isn't really better. Not saying you do but that's the other side of the coin in your argument.

If you worked in service, depends on the customer base though... You can be as friendly, competent or anything, when they are just used to treat someone that caters to them like machines or faceless entities... enough of those and you begin to become snarky.

This is nothing more than my own assumption, but I would guess that the reason he posted these video clips, is because he would never say anything even close to that in real life.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually extremely polite & courteous to all customers, and answers all of their stupid questions, with a big smile on his face. lol

Then again, I can't even say for sure if he has ever even actually worked there.

Funny idea with the leaning back and coming closer in timing with the music change.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty effective, and fairly well done.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I figured that's why the region around him is so blurry, he of course didn't do this at the IKEA. If it helps him vent that's nice.

I generally like my customers, I want to help them and that's my mission (self employed). But really sometimes... Had this customer who had the same tires/rims on for years. Didn't put a touch of grease between the rim and the mountin plates. Stuck completely. Customer insists on getting the job done, as I was the second or third shop he tried and at home also.

So I tell him I can do this but there could be damage. The big option, if he insists getting it off. Yes he did and I eagerly put two 5t hydraulic cylinder in parallel between the rims at the back axle, was a FWD car thought.

At around 3t of pressure, climbing, just from glimpse, I see the customer walking just in front of right back side of the car and bending his face down to the rim. I yelled at him to got the # out of the danger zone (different language) and he was a bit mad at me, that is until the rim came off suddenly a few seconds later and bounced away, would have hurt him very much if he was in front. Only burst out I had but damn his face just inches away and this thing comes off....

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't work at IKEA, but I feel this applies to my job as well.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Lol Youtube took the video down...
Corporations sticking together.

new topics

top topics

join