It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan is Considering Permanent Covid-19 Rules

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

And when two weeks and then two months and now a year PLUS came and these (unlawful) rules were still in place, people STILL didn’t object!

Though I'm in canada, it's become even worse here as people didn't object and now even demand that rules be followed. I've tried so hard to maintain that this is not ethical but I'm a lone voice. As soon as that damned mask mandate happened it all fell to s!it! Now we have inspectors coming to businesses and of course business owners are afraid of losing their livelihood and comply. I honestly don't blame them the tide is too strong.

Was thinking the other day that if any one country, state, province set out these rules individually, for this long, they would have been demonized far and wide. They would have been called the axis of evil, and treated as North Korea has been in the media. Collective insanity worldwide.

Righto.

That's why I keep harping on this being a coordinated global effort.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I do not mind wearing a mask, because it hides a lot of my face. I think that I'm ugly, so it spares others from seeing one more ugly puss.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: justdust

Not minding wearing a mask is not the issue.
It is the potential mandate becoming permanent.
Health crisis or not, I cannot understand why there is not more outrage.

And even the suggestion of a private business making the mask mandate permanent should be a cause for concern.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: justdust
a reply to: BlueJacket

I do not mind wearing a mask, because it hides a lot of my face. I think that I'm ugly, so it spares others from seeing one more ugly puss.

I DO mind it a lot. I see a lot of beautiful women and know they are pretty just by seeing their eyes. I want to see their whole face!! The masks need to go Bye bye.
Whitmer is witless and operating in illegality right now and needs to be stopped for liberty's sake.

It's time to end the STUPIDITY.
edit on 23-4-2021 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: eta

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   

We're all in this together till we gouge each others eyes out or
find a vaccine for stupidity. But restoring our freedoms would be
like using reverse on the freeway. People gonna hold on to the lie
that "Every thing is fine" right up to the very end. All we can do now
is watch.

edit on 23-4-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Michigan is considering going full blown , complete , bat sh__ insane.
I am so glad I am a Georgian.

Over Michigan, maybe, but I'd much rather be a Floridian right now...

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well, well, well........
Michigan Regulators Want To Make Debunked 'Surface Transmission' Rules Permanent

The agency also says that the coronavirus “can settle and deposit on environmental surfaces where they can remain viable for days.” One part of its plan, then, requires all businesses to “increase facility cleaning and disinfection.” Barbershops, hair salons, tattoo parlors and other businesses with waiting areas must, among other things, “discard magazines in waiting areas and other non-essential, shared items that cannot be disinfected.”

But the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention now says, “The risk of surface transmission of COVID-19 is low,” leading CNN to report in a headline that “disinfecting surfaces to prevent COVID often all for show.”

So, these "health" officials know more than the CDC and science.
More than data.
More than God, maybe......

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I think she is trying to be kidnapped again.

But it turns out it was an FBI sting attempt the last time. But, boy who cried wolf and all that...

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Yeah, a lot of drama, headlines for her.

They want to shackle the state, and the Tennessee governor is setting his state free.
Adding that state to the growing list of states that have a chance to recover.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Gretchen Whitmer says she will not re-open Michigan until 70% of state residents are vaccinated.

www.foxnews.com...

I'm finding that most people in these states run by frothing-mouthed liberals, including my own Illinois, are ignoring the "lock down" rules.

Do Michigan residents follow Whitmer's dictator decrees? Do you care if she "reopens" or not?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

SIGH!!!!
Strange way to do things, IMHO.
I've heard some here feel at least there is a tangible metric being employed to reopen, unlike what has happened here for over a year.

I also got the impression that this was something in the works to coincide with the biden speech last night.
Since NY is suddenly going to be reopened by July 1st.
Now Gretch has her speech the morning after the biden speech??

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

A governor cannot impose vaccine requirements under threat of shut-downs.

So basically she's saying that people cannot self-determine, they must comply, and only then will she allow people to have limited freedoms.

Do I have that right?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That is how I read it, yep!

And, the vaccine is still for emergency use only, right?

edit on Thu Apr 29 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: DBCowboy

That is how I read it, yep!

And, the vaccine is still for emergency use only, right?

The pathway to freedom does not go through a door labeled "Obedience".

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I don't really have anything to add, as a fellow Michigander, this just makes me sad.

You shouldn't have to incentivize things like this, it doesn't sit right.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Gretchen Whitmer says she will not re-open Michigan until 70% of state residents are vaccinated.

www.foxnews.com...

I'm finding that most people in these states run by frothing-mouthed liberals, including my own Illinois, are ignoring the "lock down" rules.

Do Michigan residents follow Whitmer's dictator decrees? Do you care if she "reopens" or not?

The courts will eventually rule this "unconstitutionally coercive" but not until the intended message is instilled in the minds of the majority 😸

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Interesting to note that here in the GR metro, not much has changed other than a sudden mass ditching of nearly all remaining masks on faces in droves. Remember, the vaccinated can take those off, those stupid cards'll do ya for proof! But....nobody's vax carding for that vaunted proof, lmfao.

I think that's probably more of a reflection of many quieter Non-Vaxers breathing a huuuge sigh of relief and slipping into the crowds, than Vaxers being vaccinated. Considering the propensity for Michigander nose-thumbing (a good thing, not a bad one) ... yeah, way more likely people blending in than an effective shots campaign. I'd be pretty skeptical of the numbers, I'd wager a bet that this numbers threshold BS is likely "pre-planned" with a predetermined end date we don't know yet, and the vaccination numbers aren't a priority (dicking us around more because she can is more apt for Dipwhit)

originally posted by: AnnihilateThis
I don't really have anything to add, as a fellow Michigander, this just makes me sad.

You shouldn't have to incentivize things like this, it doesn't sit right.

That's because we all inherently know deep down on an instinctual level that when someone uses high-pressure and bribery, it generally translates to what we learned as kids when learning to listen to those instincts:

"RUN! Run like hell!"
edit on 4/29/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 10:57 PM
link   
considering the WHO is saying that vaccinations will not stop the spread of covid-19, seems that we may be in for a long time of needed shutdowns and enforced masking.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:35 PM
link   

What are you going to do about it?

By all means, spread the word. Get as many as you can to believe that there is a conserted effort to steal your freedom and make you a slave.

I'm sure this grand conspiracy of totalitarian control has a nice space carved out for you to continue to live your life in protest of what others are willingly sign up for.

edit on pThu, 29 Apr 2021 23:37:24 -05002021 124Thu, 29 Apr 2021 23:37:24 -0500pmAmerica/ChicagoThursday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: carewemust

www.foxnews.com...

The courts will eventually rule this "unconstitutionally coercive" but not until the intended message is instilled in the minds of the majority 😸

Whitmer wants everyone to do a "pre-check" to ensure they have their mask, the correct compliant mental attitude, and all required "papers", before leaving the house.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join