It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan is Considering Permanent Covid-19 Rules

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I hope this doen't catch on and other states start trying it! What a colossal calamity that would be.

And why are they so worried about the Lion's fans leaving early? What are the odds that all three of them are sitting next to the same exit?

No offense intended. I always liked the Lions and root for them every Thanksgiving.
edit on 23-4-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Added one thought.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It’s a shame that Michigan has a moron for governor. It is one of the most beautiful states in the country.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
And people thought obeying, following mandates and taking their experimental vaccines would make things go back to normal...

There’s a WWII movie with two soldiers huddled in a trench. The first asks “When can we go home?”, the second answers “This IS our home!”.

So, when can we go back to normal? This could be our normal....

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   
We've moved on. most places are open 100% and nobody yells about mask anymore except Chicago people that need to go home. Our local watering hole opened up everything.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Except most of the millennial leftists actually thought their lives were in danger from COVID over the last year and they also thought that Sh!timer literally saved their lives. The brainwashing of the younger generations is complete.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Like I said from Day 1 that people allowed their businesses to be shut down: ALL of these “covid-19” (unconstitutional) rules are permanent, if they have their way. And so far, not enough of us have been standing up publicly about this BS and taking our state reps and senators and governors to task by calling them every single day. We need to be getting together in large groups and demonstrating.

Look how easy it was for them to corral us into submission. All they had to do was say “shut your businesses down for two weeks; wear masks at all times, don’t associate with more than ten people at a time, and stay six feet apart.” And everyone just did that!

And when two weeks and then two months and now a year PLUS came and these (unlawful) rules were still in place, people STILL didn’t object!

Thus the election steal and thus the allowance of the media and (completely corrupt) FBI to paint everyone on Jan 6th as a “domestic terrorist” and the arresting of people who weren’t even at the Capitol, through the ILLEGAL use of phone data.

We are living under a fascist totalitarian regime. Does this sound like a free country?

The worst part is how half the country has allowed themselves to be programmed, and now are agents of these people who wish to obliterate this country from within. They are doing a phenomenal job.

Regarding Ms. Whitless- have you guys not recalled her yet? What the hell? Wasn’t there a petition going around at some point? Why isn’t there one now? What do you all have to do to get her recalled?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The psychopath we currently have for a governor is not going to rest until she has unlimited power.

I just saw on the news last night, that all the signatures they collected, to get rid of her emergency powers, probably will get thrown out.
Why?

Because they think the way they got people to sign them was sleazy. They actually said that on the news.

Because there is no way, they could have gotten WAY more than they needed normally, in their eyes.
They apparently don't accept the reality that many, many, many Michiganders can't stand our governor.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

While those emergency rules can be extended for another six months, once that extension is over, the agency would be forced to make the rules permanent or abandon them.

That’s one of the things I don’t like about the states. So many things are all or nothing.

Make permanent. Just nuts. They could make a law to be able to extend by the month, or quarter, if they wanted to.

The only permanent thing is taxes.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Michigan is signing its own death warrant. The remaining working class there will start doing what people in NY and CA are doing, trying to find jobs in TX or FL and move.

Get out while you can.

Fred..

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Excellent post.

This applies to the whole Western world.

People still don't get just how serious this is, in terms of our Freedoms.

Everyone just blindly follows whatever the "experts" say, even though they are wrong all the time.

Seems like Ontario and Michigan have coordinated plans. Our "experts" are talking about the same thing, and probably more restrictions.

No way could Governments be coordinating this? No.....not at all...

Next year at this time we'll be lining up for soup...

edit on 4/23/2021 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Sounds like a mass government takeover of all private businesses 👀

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I'm so glad we got out of the State when we did. My jokingly calling it the Democratic People's Republic of Michigan has come more and more true over the last year.

If anyone needs a good real estate agent I know one in the Detroit area and one down here. PSL is one the best cities to retire, best places to raise a family, and in the top ten for safest cities of its size in the nation. We pay less for more in property taxes than in Michigan. No income tax is pretty great, sales tax is only 6-7% depending on where you shop. Okeechobee is also really nice if you want more rural than suburb feel.

Get out while there's still time.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: BlueJacket
I'm afraid they're following suit with Oregon and Comrade Kate Brown.

I expect all of the same culprits: Kalifornia, Oregon, Washington, Michigan, NY etc...play this same BS.

I'm afraid it's beginning to become "decision time."

I hope not.

My little valley in Montana is currently over-run with people from Kalifornia, Oregon and Washington squatting wherever they can in their RVs and trying TRYING to buy land here.

We have agreed as a community not to sell land to them, of course.

No sense destroying our own community with the Progressive cancer.

But crime is on the rise here now and it is getting harder and harder to be civil with the newcomers.

I hope that come spring time they can flee back to their sh!thole states and leave us alone.

Yall still taking applications for Tennesseans? I always wanted to retire there one day.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: RazorV66

As I said it wouldn’t surprise me at all.
I have been looking for an excuse to leave this bullsh!t state for somewhere that’s warm year round.
I am tired of only having 4 months of decent weather to ride my motorcycle.

The UP has been looking for an excuse to leave Michigan. It may take five years to agree on a name if we do.

Call it "Not Wisconsin" lol

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Tell your neighbors to hold the line and don't sell to them or your part of the country will be ruined. The very first thing they will want to do is raise taxes. Billionaire moved in on our small town and tried to buy out the entire downtown with the stated aim of turning it blue. And yea, he actually said that. Thankfully, no one sold and told him to go pound sand. In a further statement of defiance,all the businesses quit flying the US flag and promptly replaced it with the State flag and 4th of July festivities have been cancelled. Biden's America isn't welcome here.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   

This really makes women governors look bad here in Michigan. I would expect that we will never have another woman governor because of Witchmer. She is totally disconnected from the working people in this country, she probably only puts her mask on when she is on camera.

This is a really good point. As an older female I remember much of the almost all male world and long hoped the massive amounts of corruption in politics/government/law enforcement were simply due to the old boys club and would change with a feminine perspective to balance it. Apparently not, and these hags don't help women's progress in any way.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

And when two weeks and then two months and now a year PLUS came and these (unlawful) rules were still in place, people STILL didn’t object!

Though I'm in canada, it's become even worse here as people didn't object and now even demand that rules be followed. I've tried so hard to maintain that this is not ethical but I'm a lone voice. As soon as that damned mask mandate happened it all fell to s!it! Now we have inspectors coming to businesses and of course business owners are afraid of losing their livelihood and comply. I honestly don't blame them the tide is too strong.

Was thinking the other day that if any one country, state, province set out these rules individually, for this long, they would have been demonized far and wide. They would have been called the axis of evil, and treated as North Korea has been in the media. Collective insanity worldwide.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

This really makes women governors look bad here in Michigan. I would expect that we will never have another woman governor because of Witchmer. She is totally disconnected from the working people in this country, she probably only puts her mask on when she is on camera.

This is a really good point. As an older female I remember much of the almost all male world and long hoped the massive amounts of corruption in politics/government/law enforcement were simply due to the old boys club and would change with a feminine perspective to balance it. Apparently not, and these hags don't help women's progress in any way.

There are a lot of good women who could do a good job at running things. But she was not one of those. I suppose a good honest sane woman wouldn't want to deal with the BS that is part of Politics. You have to deceive people into believing something that is not fully true to get elected to a high office in our government.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I am waiting here. Missouri never issued state mandates, so ours is local. Kansas did, but it was recently rolled back. Just yesterday Johnson Co talked about revoking their mask mandate, and their health dept said they would not object.

If they do, they will be the first major metro country to drop it. The dominoes could start to fall quickly here.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If our governess here in Michigan pulls that crap and tries to make it permanent, a good deal of folks in both peninsulas will not comply. Hell, I bet even the Detroit area won't go for that, unless Detroit changed over to pussies in the last 25 years. At least I still have the Detroit attitude, you can take the man out of Detroit, but you can't take Detroit out of the man (sort of).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join