It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan is Considering Permanent Covid-19 Rules

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This includes masking and six-foot distancing.
When I first heard about this, I thought people were getting it wrong. And, TBH, I hope someone comes here and enlightens me that this is NOT what is being considered.
For anyone to consider making humans less human by forcing them to wear a mask forever is just beyond what my brain can consider.

I have heard that the restrictions are set to run out, and the only option is to let them run out, or make them permanent.
What. The Bloody. Hell?????

So, please rant about this, commiserate about this, or even tell me this is not what could be happening.....

Michigan Moving To Make 'Emergency'
COVID-19 Mandates Permanent

State bureaucrats are moving to impose permanent regulations that would mandate the following and more on all Michigan businesses: mask wearing whenever employees are within six feet of someone else, daily health screenings, extensive record keeping, and keeping a "COVID-19 safety coordinator" on-site. Retail stores, personal care services, and other businesses open to the public would have to become the mask police: They would be required to make all customers wear masks, vaccinated or not.
[...]
The rules make no accommodations for vaccinations. The word vaccine doesn't even appear in the rules. This means that even if a movie theater or bowling alley has fully vaccinated its entire staff and is in a community with no cases, masks are mandated at all times.

Other mandates in the proposed rules may be impossible for businesses to comply with. Sports stadiums must, for instance, "establish safe exit procedures for patrons," such as dismissing attendees by section. Would the Detroit Lions need to prevent people from individually leaving Ford Field early during a blowout loss (a common occurrence)? That may be illegal.

and
Michigan set to make coronavirus restrictions on businesses permanent

The new permanent rules being forwarded by MIOSHA come as the emergency rules the agency implemented last fall are set to expire. While those emergency rules can be extended for another six months, once that extension is over, the agency would be forced to make the rules permanent or abandon them.

Michigan’s Republican-controlled legislature has been critical of the governor’s handling of virus rules, saying she has acted unilaterally and failed to include them in the decision-making process. But there is little that the legislature can do to block state agencies from issuing new rules, having only the option to slow them down during a required public comment period but no power to negate them completely.

edit on Thu Apr 22 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

2 Weeks.

That's going to be the title of the new Horror Movie I'm writing.

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

And people thought obeying, following mandates and taking their experimental vaccines would make things go back to normal...

Don't have much to say other than, if you went along with this, or supported this, spent the last year afraid every day or refused for one moment to think for yourselves..

Congratulations, the coming police state is your fault.
edit on 22/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I am in Michigan but I have not seen or heard about any stories like this on the local news or from anyone that I know.
I see those articles are dated from the 16 and 17th, almost a week ago.

Having said that, it would not surprise me if it was true.
Heil Whitler is a power hungry maniac.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This really makes women governors look bad here in Michigan. I would expect that we will never have another woman governor because of Witchmer. She is totally disconnected from the working people in this country, she probably only puts her mask on when she is on camera.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm afraid they're following suit with Oregon and Comrade Kate Brown.

I expect all of the same culprits: Kalifornia, Oregon, Washington, Michigan, NY etc...play this same BS.

I'm afraid it's beginning to become "decision time."

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   

According to the state, “MIOSHA issued emergency rules for COVID-19 which will expire on April 14, 2021. These emergency rules may be extended for an additional 6 months, at which time formal rules would need to be implemented.”

MIOSHA stated that the face mask mandate was put into effect in Oct. 14, 2020.

Under the draft rules, a gym, bowling alley or other covered facility that is full of vaccinated customers would still have to require its patrons to wear face masks. Also under the proposed rules, fans at sporting events would have to wear masks.

The proposed rules state that once the state health department's epidemic orders, which also require face masks and limit gatherings, are rescinded, the agency “will examine the continued need for these COVID-19 rules.” Under current Michigan law, the Legislature effectively has no ability to halt state agencies from imposing new rules. The Legislature can delay the implementation of the rules.

www.michigancapitolconfidential.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Well, I had discounted it, but a doctor I know was talking about it with me today.....so I posted this to get more info/input/etc.

This is an opinion piece from a Plymouth MI paper, and it sounds like when the extended the workplace restrictions a few days ago, it came out they cannot extend again....

As part of the rulemaking process, the department must submit a form called a “regulatory impact statement and cost-benefit analysis,” which requires it to consider the compliance costs these rules will impose on Michigan businesses. Amazingly, and somewhat disingenuously, MIOSHA claims these rules will impose “no additional burdens.” Its reasoning is that identical mandates are already in place, so businesses won’t face any new costs if these rules are made permanent. That’s akin to knocking a guy to the ground and then claiming that pinning him there won’t do him any harm because he’s already lying down.

Given an inch, MIOSHA stands poised to take a mile. Unfortunately, this has been the typical approach by the Whitmer administration, perhaps the only consistent aspect of her COVID-19 strategy.

plymouthvoice.com...

The regulation...THIS IS A PDF FILE
ars.apps.lara.state.mi.us... eturnHTML=True
edit on Thu Apr 22 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Michigan is Considering Permanent Covid-19 Rules

Michigan is considering going full blown , complete , bat sh__ insane.
I am so glad I am a Georgian.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   

As I said it wouldn’t surprise me at all.
I have been looking for an excuse to leave this bullsh!t state for somewhere that’s warm year round.
I am tired of only having 4 months of decent weather to ride my motorcycle.

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
I'm afraid they're following suit with Oregon and Comrade Kate Brown.

I expect all of the same culprits: Kalifornia, Oregon, Washington, Michigan, NY etc...play this same BS.

I'm afraid it's beginning to become "decision time."

I hope not.

My little valley in Montana is currently over-run with people from Kalifornia, Oregon and Washington squatting wherever they can in their RVs and trying TRYING to buy land here.

We have agreed as a community not to sell land to them, of course.

No sense destroying our own community with the Progressive cancer.

But crime is on the rise here now and it is getting harder and harder to be civil with the newcomers.

I hope that come spring time they can flee back to their sh!thole states and leave us alone.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Just two weeks to flatten the curve. . . . .

*shakes head*

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It's like China had bought up the US and was imposing increasingly draconian rules on the population. Once properly depressed and hopeless Americans will be pliable towards whatever ends they intend for us. Sadly this sounds more realistic than any other explanation I can think of.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I have been looking for an excuse to leave this bullsh!t state for somewhere that’s warm year round.

The UP has been looking for an excuse to leave Michigan. It may take five years to agree on a name if we do.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenariI feel your pain. After intentionally setting the Alameda fire and burning my town in S. Oregon to the ground...

they disappeared for a time, but now theyre back in droves, with their filthy motor homes, tarps, feces and out of control fires on the "greenway" theyre not supposed to be allowed to camp on.

Bear Creek, is more of a sewer now, rather than a historic placer gold bearing waterway.

Beware the firebugs..keep a watchful eye on the fires my friend. They use junker cars and propane tanks..choose days with high winds.

Not all those folks will be capable of buying.homes..the globalist plan for the wildlands out West is to be vleared of folk like you and me.

eta- isnt it odd how Covid hasn't ravaged the homeless? And how bloody mobile theyve become?
edit on 22-4-2021 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

It is slightly different, in my case.

The people squatting in RVs here are here because it is where they used to vacation.

These are people that have sold their homes in the other states for a pretty penny and want to live here permanently.

They have a ton of money and think they can just buy anything they want because of that.

I have chased off of my property numerous people who drive past my "No Trespassing" sign, ignore the "Due to the cost of bullets, I cannot afford a warning shot" sign and tell me that they have checked out my property online and I would be crazy if I did not accept their cash offer.

It got to where I had to just lock my gate.

But they have inundated our little area and are trying very hard to sway our politics.

No... the crime here is crackheads from cities 100 miles away that see us as easy pickings.

Simply because until a year ago, nobody locked their doors here.

Nobody took the keys out of their cars here.

Everyone knew everyone and it was a nice community.

I fear that will never come back now.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   

As you already know, covid requirements are a joke behind closed doors.

Worthless politicians.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I ride 10 months.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I ride 10 months.

I was exaggerating but you know what I mean, tired of being held hostage by the weather here.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
I feel for you brother. That happened here in the late 80s, early 90s.

I consider the ones youre contending with (Kalifornia/Oregon/Washington equity buyers) the harbingers of doom.

But mark my words...the folks I mentioned above seem to follow after them like flies to #

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join