It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CANADA IS COMING FOR OUR HATE SPEECH !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 02:07 AM
link   
First saw this on Gab, ReclaimTheNet is a good follow - gab.com...

Full article
reclaimthenet.org...

“Every day Canadians use online platforms to connect with family and friends, stay informed and participate in debates and discussions.

“Hate speech will definitely be part of the legislation that will be tabled, but we also want to encompass other online harms that are taking place.”

The law will require the compliance of online platforms, which will have only a day to remove flagged content.

“With the legislation we will be tabling, it won’t matter whether or not the company is Canadian,” said Guilbeault.

“It won’t matter where the company is registered or where their servers are located. Once a publication is flagged it will have to be taken down within 24 hours of having it being flagged.
There are not a lot of countries that are doing that right now.

Maybe Canada has bigger guns than I think , or this guy hopelessly incompetent beyond belief? Article doesnt go into enforcement much.

Of course, the ol Nazi mind control is used for its justification, its for your own safey...

“Ultimately the goal is to create a safer environment for all people online and not just for a handful.”

"Hate", according to whom? Twitter and FB seem to define it however they choose, from day to day.

edit on 22-4-2021 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Apr 22 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edited

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

Propaganda and fear is akin to a fangless bear.

It won't go anywhere fast.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 02:13 AM
link   

The AboveTopSecret.com server and host is in CANADA???

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Russia gave Twitter a ban ultimatum recently about removing pedo material - USAToday

"Russia threatens to block Twitter if site doesn't remove alleged banned content"

I am assuming this is what the Canadian guy meant, but who knows. Some people think they are really important and everyone should do what they say.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The AboveTopSecret.com server and host is in CANADA???

Doesnt matter

It won’t matter where the company is registered or where their servers are located. Once a publication is flagged it will have to be taken down within 24 hours of having it being flagged.

I am guessing our IP would be blocked, but hard to say what he has in mind for enforcement.
edit on 22-4-2021 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Good news

Anti-conservative hate speech is far too rampant on the internet
As is anti-Christian and anti-white hate speech

I’m neither Christian or white but the hate speech against those groups on the internet is far more prevalent than hate speech against any other group, including the trans community

I eagerly await the reeeeaction of the fascists who condone hate speech when their anti-straightwhitemale hate speech is removed

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Its the only recourse, buddy.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well, no offense but Canadians put the same MFs in charge for so many years and didn't do much about it.

Now they are too strong to be stopped.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Canada, bringing Nazi censorship to a country near you!

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Canada is welcome to come on down. You see I know a Canadian that experienced a smaller brood 17 year cicada than the Brood X that is coming this summer. He had quite the “alien invasion” kind of experience. I suspect that the invading Canadians will turn right back around and go home upon the experience.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Don't we critisize places like Iran and Saudi for doing this exact same thing?

When I was young hate speech used to be about actual hate. People hating minorities and wanting to run them out of town or wanting homosexuals dead. These days simply not using a certain pronoun is considered hate speech.

Saying Bruce Jenner rather than Kate Jenner is considered hate speech in some circles.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Would it be hate speech if I bad mouthed Maple Syrup, Canadian Bacon and hockey? Would hate speech apply to corporate entities, since corporations are people too?

The way words are used and ideas twisted to fit a narrative, I can see almost any criticism being hate speech if that's what they label it. Sounds like an attack on our free speech outside of Canada, why don't they just use Chinese filtering software? I'm sure China would love to implement their commie censorship in Canada, probably give some kick backs and political donations if they accept it.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   
China has a similar law. Given how everyone ignores that already i see no reason why Canada who is orders of magnitude below China in terms of influence and market size would be taken even remotely seriously with nonsense like this. Most will simply opt not to allow their services in Canada.

Sucks for Canada i suppose but they voted for this stupid government.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   
You canucks will have to take our mods from our cold dead hands!

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This is not a problem except in Canada. The minister or reclaimthenet has totally misrepresented what this means. Canada will be filtering Canadian internet connections and not attacking the world wide web. They have no power to control what happens on the internet outside of their borders.

As far as ATS goes, we might loose all Canadian members, if ATS is blacklisted but nothing more.

Good by Canadians, everyone else carry on.
edit on 4 22 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   

The problem is that there's a difference between hate speech and speech that you hate, these people don't understand that.
edit on 22-4-2021 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
This is not a problem except in Canada. The minister or reclaimthenet has totally misrepresented what this means. Canada will be filtering Canadian internet connections and not attacking the world wide web. They have no power to control what happens on the internet outside of their borders.

As far as ATS goes, we might loose all Canadian members, if ATS is blacklisted but nothing more.

Good by Canadians, everyone else carry on.
This is the most reasonable response I’ve seen in this thread, well put

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   

First it's hate speech.... Which.. Is what and by whoms definition.

Then hate speech expands to more things.

This is the same old song and dance.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Canada went from pretty cool to pretty Chinese pretty fast....
Just saying.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Sad day for free expression.
Canada has become the fart salad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join