It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Gun Violence Won't Go Away in Urban Areas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Pass a law tomorrow making the ownership or possession of a gun illegal and punishable by death .

and Criminals will still carry guns .

The 2nd is apart of the USA it is what sets us apart.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
They aren't interested in making it disappear, otherwise they'd target criminals and arm everyone eligible for gun ownership.

They care more about criminals - and specifically: using them to race bait - than they'll ever care about the productive, tax paying, worthwhile members of society.

Dealing with the dregs has its downsides

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Why do you think is there violence on the streets?

What is your solution to this?

what if.....when someone broke the law, we prosecuted them and punished them?

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Every govt. that's ever existed does things like that.

A govt only function is to gather more power/influence to itself. The only way to stop that from happening is for people to be involved in the process. That means more than just flippin' a damned lever every few years...

We, as a whole, have forgotten that. Govt. hasn't, and they'll do their uttermost to make sure that it doesn't happen. Making criminals out of ordinary law abiding citizens, such as myself, gives them an enemy to turn to, to aid in the retention of power--and, of course, gathering more.

So, really, we've no one to blame but ourselves for the situations. Blaming one group over another won't fix it.
edit on 4/22/2021 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Nah, that is too complicated.

The problem is the communities where the violence occurs cannot accept that violence is being committed by the community itself. It is an odd situation. The families only see their kids as kids... they don't see them as the gangbanging savages doing dirt in the streets. This is why there is such a disconnect... crying mama saying her child was a good boy, but the kid is all over social media waving guns and has a crime record a mile long.

It is truly fascinating.... I wish I could study this social behavior in an academic setting.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Let's focus on the under 1% of Blacks killed by police, instead of the 88% killed by other Blacks. The 1% lives matter more than all the other Black lives taken, combined.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Let's focus on the under 1% of Blacks killed by police, instead of the 88% killed by other Blacks. The 1% lives matter more than all the other Black lives taken, combined.

Because that 1% are martyrs for the Democrat religion.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Only seeing kids as kids says a lot. That's a part of where the lack of discipline and respect for others begins - that skewed social perception.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

crying mama saying her child was a good boy

Literally yesterday on the radio news I heard the mother of the girl who was killed with the knife in her hand while she tried to use it on another. She said her girl was "a loving person." I'm sure that knife-weilding girl had only love in her heart while she lunged with said knife.
edit on 22-4-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

that's the very odd thing about all of this, not just now, but in the recent past, as well...

My parents would have disowned me, almost instantly. Benefit of the doubt eventually runs out.

Nearly every parent I ever knew growing up, would have done likewise. Regardless of skin tone.

I would have been left to deal with the consequences. No waving a photo of me as a little baby in a stroller, or anything of that nature.

My folks, and the rest of my family, would have been horribly ashamed of me, and that would be that until such time as my sentence was up and punishment over...with a very short leash.

There's always been families that will protect their own, regardless of offence...and it's hard to really blame 'em. But, c'mon, there should be a limit.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: Edumakated

crying mama saying her child was a good boy

Literally yesterday on the radio news I heard the mother of the girl who was killed with the knife in her hand while she tried to use it on another. She said her girl was "a loving person." I'm sure that knife-weilding girl had only love in her heart while she lunged with said knife.

Just to continue with that, in new footage from today you can see the girl with the knife swinging it back ready to plunge it into the person she had pushed against a car...
Kids can be great (I have some) but they grow up and need to be responsible people. Yes, as a kid maybe she was a loving person, but a loving person doesn't try and stab someone. I feel like in certain communities there isn't faith in the policing system and therefore more and more people are turning to their own justice.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I feel like in certain communities there isn't faith in the policing system and therefore more and more people are turning to their own justice.
a reply to: Skooter_NB

Why would anyone not have faith in the police?

# 1387

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight

I feel like in certain communities there isn't faith in the policing system and therefore more and more people are turning to their own justice.
a reply to: Skooter_NB

Why would anyone not have faith in the police?

# 1387

I've said for decades that it's the few "bad apples" in law enforcement that are giving all law enforcement officials a bad name. They know who the bad apples are among them and should "self police" themselves. That they are not doing this is obvious.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Agree 100% ... a reply to: beyondknowledge

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Prosecute all the shooters with attempted murder. Popping off bullets randomly is nothing more than trying to kill somebody.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Indeed. Its the people who are the problem not the guns. Plenty of us own guns, and they are never used to victimize innocent people.

Its the people, their backwards culture and general disdain for the country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join