It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast food: Is it acceptable sometimes or no?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: JamesChessman
I mean, ok, but it does blast through the digestive system, which was really what I needed lol.

Try magnesium.

Or 5-10 grams of vitamin C (ascorbic acid).

Hmm I hadn’t thought of mag in a long while but iirc my dad has some white powder, that could be stirred into water, very fizzy — is that the same thing you’re referring to?

Vitamin c is always good but I’d usually just eat or drink some kind of citrus..

edit on 7-5-2021 by JamesChessman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Hmm I hadn’t thought of mag in a long while but iirc my dad has some white powder, that could be stirred into water, very fizzy — is that the same thing you’re referring to?

Could be, but I wouldn't take anything until I was sure what it was. Regular magnesium is not effervescent, but you can buy it like that.

Vitamin c is always good but I’d usually just eat or drink some kind of citrus..

You don't understand. The only negative side effect of taking too much ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is - loose bowels.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Could be, but I wouldn't take anything until I was sure what it was. Regular magnesium is not effervescent, but you can buy it like that.

You don't understand. The only negative side effect of taking too much ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is - loose bowels.

Thanks I’ll check with him; that fizzy mag mix was actually really nice.

And vitamin c is good and I never thought of it for elimination, but I wouldn’t mind taking some. I’ve had chewable that were delicious.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

And vitamin c is good and I never thought of it for elimination, but I wouldn’t mind taking some. I’ve had chewable that were delicious.

Again, you have to be careful. Most chewables C has lots of sugar in it - that, and ascorbic acid is really hard on the enamel on your teeth. It is best to take pure ascorbic acid in capsules or tablets. I add the powder to water and drink it through a SS straw to minimize contact with myh teeth, but still rinse my mouth well afterwards.

I'm going to start making my own capsules though, each one a combination of 1,000mg MSM (OptiMSM) and 1,000mg of C. Buy the pure powder in bulk, get a capsule maker and some beef gelatin capsules, it is much more convenient that way, because the best way to take C to bowel tolerance is to take smaller doses every 30 minutes to an hour. C has a very short half life in the body, and your body has no way to store excess (which is why it leaves so quickly through the bowels when you take too much).

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Again, you have to be careful. Most chewables C has lots of sugar in it - that, and ascorbic acid is really hard on the enamel on your teeth. It is best to take pure ascorbic acid in capsules or tablets. I add the powder to water and drink it through a SS straw to minimize contact with myh teeth, but still rinse my mouth well afterwards.

I'm going to start making my own capsules though, each one a combination of 1,000mg MSM (OptiMSM) and 1,000mg of C. Buy the pure powder in bulk, get a capsule maker and some beef gelatin capsules, it is much more convenient that way, because the best way to take C to bowel tolerance is to take smaller doses every 30 minutes to an hour. C has a very short half life in the body, and your body has no way to store excess (which is why it leaves so quickly through the bowels when you take too much).

So it sounds like C is what you depend on to stay eliminating.

Re: Meat-only diet: So do u consider it the best diet for ideally everyone?

Like would that seem idealistic to you?

I’m curious how you think of it.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

So it sounds like C is what you depend on to stay eliminating.

Nope, not even close. I'm very regular without it. In fact, I stopped mega dosing months ago, haven't taken any in a while, but need to get back to it, once I get my capsule maker and caps.

Re: Meat-only diet: So do u consider it the best diet for ideally everyone?

Everyone has to make that decision for themselves.

It is absolutely the perfect elimination diet (for determining food allergies/problems), no question.

Like would that seem idealistic to you?

It is working great for me right now. That said, I'm not 100% carnivore, and probably will be incorporating some low-lectin plant foods later - especially spirulina and chlorella+CGF.

I’m curious how you think of it.

I don't believe there is any one-size-fits-all diet. Again, we each need to make those decisions for ourselves. The carnivore diet is a fantastic tool to help find foods that are causing you problems, even if you don't think they are.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Oh ok, good answers.

I think you’re probably right about eating meat as one way to test for allergies of other foods.

And I am familiar with meat bring a way to shed weight.

However I’m also mainly a believer in being vegetarian/ vegan, and I think there are such alternatives to the same things.

Anyway I’ve enjoyed the conversation and I will look into a couple things u mentioned.

Re: my actual personal situation: I’ve recently been feeling better after two weeks away from the fast food, and drinking tons of water, coffee, and tea.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   

However I’m also mainly a believer in being vegetarian/ vegan, and I think there are such alternatives to the same things.

That's just it... there really aren't. There are a ton of people who went vegetarian/vegan (yours truly is one) who had good results for a while - years even - then started going downhill, and it wasn't until they reintroduced animal foods and fats back into their diet that they started getting truly better. Watch some of 'Steak and Butter Gals' videos, she is a recovering vegan who is now carnivore, and there a lot more like her out there.

Anyway I’ve enjoyed the conversation and I will look into a couple things u mentioned.

One last thing on the Vitamin C - I mentioned it has a very short half life, so, to get the maximum benefit - ie, when you are sick - the reason most of the studies cited don't show positive results is it is either given in very low doses, and/or given in only one or two doses daily.

Dr Andrew Saul (PhD, not MD) talks about the time he had pneumonia and cured it in 3 hours using extremely high doses of vitamin C - he took about a gram orally every 6 minutes over a 3 hour period - with no bowel issues (because your need for C dramatically goes up, as does your bowel tolerance, when you are sick). The video is banned, but he talks about it in any number of his viedos that are available on youtube, all of which are worth watching. He talks about many things, like high dose niacin to cure schizophrenia and lots of other things...

Re: my actual personal situation: I’ve recently been feeling better after two weeks away from the fast food, and drinking tons of water, coffee, and tea.

Yes, just abstaining from the worst of the worst can work wonder, and is a testament to the resilience and miracle of our body's ability to heal itself and keep itself well, even on a sub-standard diet.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

That's just it... there really aren't. There are a ton of people who went vegetarian/vegan (yours truly is one) who had good results for a while - years even - then started going downhill, and it wasn't until they reintroduced animal foods and fats back into their diet that they started getting truly better. Watch some of 'Steak and Butter Gals' videos, she is a recovering vegan who is now carnivore, and there a lot more like her out there.

^ Thanks, I will look at the channel u mentioned.

However I really am a huge believer in vegetarianism, so it’s really my basic conceptual framework about diet... in the sense that I really think it’s most ideal way.

However I do know that the body seems to crave foods that it wants nutrition from... so I know that some folks really crave meat, and really enjoy it, especially if their body seems to love it.

So I’m understanding of all that...

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

One last thing on the Vitamin C - I mentioned it has a very short half life, so, to get the maximum benefit - ie, when you are sick - the reason most of the studies cited don't show positive results is it is either given in very low doses, and/or given in only one or two doses daily. Dr Andrew Saul (PhD, not MD) talks about the time he had pneumonia and cured it in 3 hours using extremely high doses of vitamin C - he took about a gram orally every 6 minutes over a 3 hour period - with no bowel issues (because your need for C dramatically goes up, as does your bowel tolerance, when you are sick). The video is banned, but he talks about it in any number of his viedos that are available on youtube, all of which are worth watching. He talks about many things, like high dose niacin to cure schizophrenia and lots of other things...

^ Thanks! I’ll look into that too, and pretty much anything you suggest to look at.

However I’m still on very limited web usage altogether, so it’s probably going to be in the future more than right now.

I do appreciate the recommendations.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yes, just abstaining from the worst of the worst can work wonder, and is a testament to the resilience and miracle of our body's ability to heal itself and keep itself well, even on a sub-standard diet.

Indeed.

This is all a strange situation for me though, as I must have spent a month eating the most fast food of my life. Whereas I don’t normally eat any, at all.

So it was very unfamiliar and gross to feel poisoned and swollen for a while there. But there seemed a turning point where I suddenly started feeling better substantially.

As per my general detox cleaning out the toxins. So it makes sense that I feel better. But the surprising aspect is that it seemed a sudden change of feeling better, at about the 2-week mark of being away from it.

It includes the disgusting swollen spot on my leg, thankfully diminishing quickly now.

I also noticed a general feeling of slight itchiness or irritation... all over my swollen body (when I was still a mess).

That sense of itchiness / irritation would seemingly correlate with that disgusting spot of swolleness on my leg (diminishing now).

So it’s all part of the general sense of the cooking oil feeling toxic and apparently loading up into my skin, to make everything swollen and slightly toxic / irritated, including acne (which is really the spot on my leg, as a terrible spot of acne, I think, but thankfully it didn’t break the skin, and now it’s disappearing).

So I’m convinced personally that it’s the cooking oil that is somehow poisonous and causing swollen skin, with irritation and acne.

Remember that my main food item was fries lol so there’s not much to really blame besides the oil.

So I can’t 100% prove my conviction about this, but it’s still my conclusion.

One month of fast food wrecked me so it’s no exaggeration that a lifetime of this stuff would automatically make people fat, swollen, poisoned, unhealthy etc.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

However I really am a huge believer in vegetarianism, so it’s really my basic conceptual framework about diet... in the sense that I really think it’s most ideal way.

Hopefully you won't be offended if I ask, but I rarely get the chance...

Why? On what do you base your 'belief in vegetarianism'?

Also, there is now plenty of evidence now that it was only when humans started eating high animal protein/fat diet that our brains started to develop exponentially, right?

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Hopefully you won't be offended if I ask, but I rarely get the chance...

Also, there is now plenty of evidence now that it was only when humans started eating high animal protein/fat diet that our brains started to develop exponentially, right?

Thanks for asking, and I appreciate the conversation.

Especially with real life being so extremely solitary since early 2020.

I’ll explain my vegetarianism but I am actually still wondering what do you think of as the most ideal diet, altogether?

Like I know you’re currently using carnivore diet for weight loss / excess skin loss, apparently.

But then will you get to a point beyond those specific goals, and then adopt a new diet?

Or in other words, do u think you’ll stick mostly to meat only diet, for the rest of life?

Just still curious how u think about that...?

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

^Really there are several reasons.

But if u want a most simplified answer:

Buddhism has taught that it’s best to be vegetarian, for 2,600 years.

And I love Buddhism, and I believe in it... but in terms of logical thinking. (Religion seems mostly mentioned in bad ways, but I don’t have a bad part of it.)

I believe in logical thinking more than anything, so it’s in that context, that I love Buddhism. I love it because it’s logical, and it’s about realistic thinking, realistic understanding of life.

Also there’s not any kind of burden, in embracing Buddhism: It doesn’t force things on us, such as beliefs, or rules, dogmas etc.

So I don’t feel obligated about anything lol.

Buddhism has always been for people to pick out the parts that they find meaningful. And to not embrace things that don’t make sense to a person’s judgment.

Buddhism is actually about as pure / uncorrupted as possible for a religion/ spirituality/ philosophy.

Why? Because Buddhism never became a centralized religion... so it never established an authority (as most religions). So it’s never been forcing authority, or beliefs, or rules etc. It’s remained basically just available for people who are interested/ drawn to it.

Likewise, the ancient literature is preserved better than people can probably imagine.

Because all the scattered, unorganized different literature has basically just been preserved, plain and simple.

As per the lack of organization, and lack of authority: Buddhism never tried to edit / purge its books, and never even chose a central book or books.

Anyway to explain more specifically: I just think that Buddhism is correct that it’s best to be vegetarian.

It’s healthiest and cleanest. Eating meat is consuming animals’ stress hormones and whatever else.

Whereas we can just eat clean pure food without such toxins.

I do think that animals’ hormones and toxins... probably burden the body / mind. As it’s similar to our own hormones. So it must be ingesting the chemicals of misery of the animals, and it must affect the eater.

Plus meat obviously is normally considered as constipating, which causes problems, beyond the specific toxins in the meat.

Vegetarianism actually FEELS better. We feel lighter, cleaner, healthier.

No offense but vegetarians’ bodies even smell better, as our consumed food obviously can change how our own body smells.

Putting aside the believed physical benefits:

It’s better psychologically.

Why? Because it’s actually a very miserable, bleak outlook if we think that our own life, somehow requires an endless amount of unhappy animals to be involved.

It’s much nicer outlook that we can avoid that, and live on plants. It’s such a happier outlook on life.

And the world is better off, with less misery and suffering in it. Including animals.

Also I’m a believer in the spirit realm for people and animals too.

So just imagine all the millions / billions of animal spirits, they’d obviously be happiest in life (and afterlife) if they could have a good life.

Hopefully I didn’t write too much, but it’s some of my reasons for vegetarianism.

It’s best for health, for animal welfare, for the world, and even for the spirit realm.

I think the key is to learn that meat is really not needed, or helpful, in general.

I think most people basically eat meat because they are fundamentally confused about their own bodily needs.

edit on 10-5-2021 by JamesChessman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

^ Also it’s just pretty self-evident that humans are mainly built for vegetarianism.

Sure we can be omnivores, and sure we can manipulate the world around us, so we can raise livestock etc.

But I just think it’s off target. Our bodies are clearly meant for eating vegetarian, at least for the most part.

Our bodies are absolutely NOT carnivore: We lack all natural weapons to catch & kill prey.

The obvious comparison is that CATS are pure carnivores, and they’re clearly built for that. Claws, teeth.

Short digestive track for carnivores. We have long digestive tracks of herbivores.

Even cats’ mind and instincts are of cold blooded killers.

They do things that humans would practically never think of doing.

Cats will instantly chomp on disgusting insects lol.

And constantly catching mice and birds to play with their predation, and drink their blood, if not just consuming the whole animal raw.

I love cats, and they’re very clearly predators, and we’re clearly not, lol.

Cats don’t have a choice.

But we do.

edit on 10-5-2021 by JamesChessman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   

^Well I’m not sure exactly how those things would be traced back, chronologically...

And I also am generally skeptical about modern ideas about ancient mankind, altogether. I’m skeptical more than I believe in most established ideas even being possible to prove or establish...

But aside from the believed chronology of our ancestors:

Even if it’s really supposed to match up timelines:

Well... No, I’ve never had the notion that it was an omnivorous diet, which prompted our evolution into “intelligent” creatures.

I’ve heard the notion mentioned a few times, but no, I never believed that.

The world is full of animals that never reached our kind of intelligence, whether carnivore, omnivore, or herbivore.

Heck even the other primates are sometimes omnivorous and they’re not turning into humans either lol.

(I’m not denying evolution itself, of course, I’m just saying that a mixed diet is NOT reason enough for our evolution, as we are a unique species. Whereas the world of animals of all diets, remain “unintelligent,” even omnivores, so there’s gotta be more of a reason that we are unique.)

Actually for mundane explanations of our unique intelligence, I always thought it was compelling to attribute it to... our ape-like ancestors, slowly leaving the forests, and adapting to new life, in the savanna.

In theory, it explains our transition to walking upright (to see better in the plains).

Likewise it could explain our new intelligence, as sparked from the new life in a new environment. (Learning about the world and how it works, and how we can manipulate it.)

...So I think it’s a more compelling explanation for our unique intelligence.

(Though I actually truly consider our advancement as a mystery, more than anything.)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesChessman

We are omnivours, and in fact because of the way our brains have developed, we seem to have been scavengers because we need higher percentages of our foods either aged...partially rotted....or cooked...partially rotted. We could substitute some specially prepared nuts for the protein...roasted...and some fungus could provide the needed special chemistry we need to fuel our brain function. Vegetarians have to rely on supplements or eat lots of fermented food to think at full capacity. There are some special soy chemistries that can supply what we need, but most people cannot properly live symbiotically with microbes needed to convert veggies. Vegetarians have recently been found to have weaker bones, not enough collagen can be produced to make non-brittle bones. Animals that eat only veggies can produce that collagen but remember, that collagen can come from the bacteria present on plants naturally too, and we cannot tolerate some of those microbes.

Omnivors have an immune system that can eat aged foods, many bacteria are destroyed by our digestive system and some of those are necessary if you don't eat meats. That is what I have come to a conclusion on, man is not designed to eat raw meat, either cooked or rotted under specific conditions. We are not carnivores, we are omnivores.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: JamesChessman

We are omnivours, and in fact because of the way our brains have developed, we seem to have been scavengers because we need higher percentages of our foods either aged...partially rotted....or cooked...partially rotted. We could substitute some specially prepared nuts for the protein...roasted...and some fungus could provide the needed special chemistry we need to fuel our brain function. Vegetarians have to rely on supplements or eat lots of fermented food to think at full capacity. There are some special soy chemistries that can supply what we need, but most people cannot properly live symbiotically with microbes needed to convert veggies. Vegetarians have recently been found to have weaker bones, not enough collagen can be produced to make non-brittle bones. Animals that eat only veggies can produce that collagen but remember, that collagen can come from the bacteria present on plants naturally too, and we cannot tolerate some of those microbes.

Omnivors have an immune system that can eat aged foods, many bacteria are destroyed by our digestive system and some of those are necessary if you don't eat meats. That is what I have come to a conclusion on, man is not designed to eat raw meat, either cooked or rotted under specific conditions. We are not carnivores, we are omnivores.

Thanks for your input but obviously I don’t agree with your outlook.

I won’t try to argue the specific nutrients that you mentioned, because I haven’t focused on those specific things like collagen etc.

However I absolutely believe that we can get full nutrition as vegetarians; i.e. I don’t believe we need meat for nutrition at all.

CATS need meat lol. But not humans, ideally.

We should also take note that many giant powerful animals are vegetarian. Including our closest primates, they’re all essentially herbivores (aside from some occasional scavenging of dead animals or whatever, which is very minimal, and not a major food source for our primate relatives).

It includes chimpanzees as our closest relatives. They’re mainly herbivores and they’re like 20 TIMES stronger than us, lol.

Not to mention our less close relatives, even bigger: Gorillas live on fruit, despite their massive size and strength.

Even cattle are herbivores, as huge as they are, they live on grass and corn etc.

I’m just pointing out the many animals that far exceed us, living on plants!

Like if gorillas and cattle etc. don’t need to eat meat, then it’s a pretty obvious clue that we should be vegetarian too.

That’s the physical aspect.

You also said that vegetarians have trouble thinking with our lack of nutrients but that’s just silly lol.

The world is already full of people who are dumb and miserable lol and they mostly all eat meat.

Heck the world is also full of unhealthy people and they mostly all eat meat lol.

So meat is clearly not improving people’s intelligence lol. As you basically suggested.

We can see that most people are pretty stagnant and lame, in their intelligence, and in their physical health too.

However I do think that you’re illustrating that for many or most people: Eating meat is just assumed as necessary for nutrition.

So it’s really a FEAR of lack of nutrition... which compels people to just always eat meat, without questioning it, for most people.

It comes from fears about health and nutrition!! It might be the single biggest reason that most people do eat meat...

edit on 11-5-2021 by JamesChessman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   

^Really there are several reasons.

But if u want a most simplified answer:

Buddhism has taught that it’s best to be vegetarian, for 2,600 years.
...snip

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

I disagree of course. Anyone who believes that plants do not 'feel', hasn't read any of the books that provide lots of evidence that they do.

Also, plants, as I explained, almost all have considerable toxins - mostly lectins, and I believe there are others - that they have developed over time because, unlike animals, they are unable to run away from their predators.

Said another way - for those who refuse to eat animals because they are living things - well, plants are living things too. When you eat a plant, you are killing it too.

Anyway, as I've said, we each make our own choices, and have to live with the consequences.

Thanks again for the polite exchange of ideas...

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

We should also take note that many giant powerful animals are vegetarian. Including our closest primates, they’re all essentially herbivores (aside from some occasional scavenging of dead animals or whatever, which is very minimal, and not a major food source for our primate relatives).

It includes chimpanzees as our closest relatives.

Chimpanzees eat meat, mostly other monkees. They’re mainly herbivores and they’re like 20 TIMES stronger than us, lol.

Not to mention our less close relatives, even bigger: Gorillas live on fruit, despite their massive size and strength.

Their lifespans are also considerably shorter than ours - 35 yrs or so in the wild, chimpanzees as long as 45 years.

There are a lot of false arguments out there that our digestive tracts closely resemble those of the apes, but that is, in fact very much not true = you see, the devil is in the details.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join