It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast food: Is it acceptable sometimes or no?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
a reply to: JamesChessman
Humans evolved their brains by eating fat, mostly marrow and other brains.
To exclude that from your diet is to starve your brain.

Your teeth tell me that your body is very well adapted to eating meat, vegetables and fruit.
Humans require a diverse diet. And meat is delicious, I took personal offence to that.
Have you even tried the creamy liver of a duck that’s been force fed it’s entire life?
It’s fatty gold I tell ya! 🤤

Well I guess you’re joking or trolling but really what’s the point. Force-feeding ducks is one of the worst things I’ve ever heard of.

I’m not actually completely against people eating meat but if so, then it’s better for everyone if the livestock could have a decent life...

edit on 22-4-2021 by JamesChessman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

I’m one of those weirdos that used to go to McDonalds for salad, so I know they do have some healthy things. The fries taste good, but they’re not healthy. Over salted and deep fried.

As far as BK veggie burger, you’d be better off with a chicken (omg - meat!!) burger. Unless you’re making your own veggie patties, the store and fast food ones are as processed as dog food.

Yeah I think I need to look more into what kinds of oil is being used...

See normally I consume a lot of oil and fat, mainly from olive oil, and you can literally drink it, and it is still healthy.

So that’s how I normally think of oil / fat, but it’s probably completely different what kinds oils are actually being used in these places...

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoser793
If you've never seen "Super Size Me" before it's worth watching.

Here is a short version.

This is from the full video. There is also a newer version from 2017. Both on YouTube.

Bon Appetit!

Haha thanks, I saw that some years ago.

It’s been a while but if I recall correctly, he was eating the general main food items, which I’m not: the actual hamburgers, and whatever else. I think he ate everything from the menu, didn’t he? Like chicken nuggets and ice cream etc. iirc.

See I think it’s the actual meat and dairy that’s the main problem there...

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

1. If you think eating vegetarian or eating organic is some special benefit to your health, you are spending more money on nothing. I know farmers and ranchers. I know what gets called organic. Just save your money.
2. If you are eating in any restaurant trying to find health benefits, you are doign it wrong. I run "fine dining" establishments that source all foods from within 100 miles. The food is super fresh and fantastic. But a half stick of butter will certainly push the calorie count up beyond what you suspect. That food tastes so good because chef's know how to make it taste good. What they DON'T care about is how healthy it is
3. If you are eating fast food and thinking you will get anything other than the cheapest, lowest quality food, you should definitely reconsider

I eat fast food frequently. I eat fine dining frequently. But i cook more than anything. Then again, im hardly the picture of health.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   
We consume around fifteen to twenty percent junk food. That includes all highly prepared foods, not just BK and McDs. Our bodies can detox some junk food and there is still some nutrition in junk food, but not enough to live off of a diet full of it.

They supposedly changed the buns at BK to new buns that actually rot eventually, they actually feel a lot better in the tummy, they no longer sit there like a lump in the gut for many hours like they used to. McDs are still bad for that.

Anyone who eats a veggi burger from BK needs to have their head examined as far as I am concerned. I ate one, it tasted like salted toilet paper, not any taste at all. The Whopper meat barely has any flavor, none compare to real farm raised meats.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Guess it also depends on how one defines fast food. Haven't eaten McDs, BK, etc in years. Last time I tried it, I felt ill. Subways is "fast food," but not fried, even though the meat is processed, has lots of veggies, they aren't prime or fresh but bland.

Panera is technically fast food, they have pretty decent salads, and their sandwiches are whole meat and on good buns.

Chick fil a is fast food, and while they have fried items, they also have grilled, wraps, fruit, and use whole meat breasts.

Etc.

Personally, when I think of "fast food" I think of cheap burgers/patties with additives and fried sides like fries.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We consume around fifteen to twenty percent junk food. That includes all highly prepared foods, not just BK and McDs. Our bodies can detox some junk food and there is still some nutrition in junk food, but not enough to live off of a diet full of it.

They supposedly changed the buns at BK to new buns that actually rot eventually, they actually feel a lot better in the tummy, they no longer sit there like a lump in the gut for many hours like they used to. McDs are still bad for that.

Anyone who eats a veggi burger from BK needs to have their head examined as far as I am concerned. I ate one, it tasted like salted toilet paper, not any taste at all. The Whopper meat barely has any flavor, none compare to real farm raised meats.

Well my method is: no mayo. And extra all the veggies: tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, onions, I think that’s it?

I pour sea salt on it as I eat, YUM!

Plus everything is so nicely hot, and comforting in a cold world lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Pizza no mas. They took it off the menu, the bastards. Best thing they had.

link   

link   

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JamesChessman

Your teeth tell me that your body is very well adapted to eating meat, vegetables and fruit.
Humans require a diverse diet. And meat is delicious, I took personal offence to that.
Have you even tried the creamy liver of a duck that’s been force fed it’s entire life?

Well I guess you’re joking or trolling but really what’s the point. Force-feeding ducks is one of the worst things I’ve ever heard of.

I’m not actually completely against people eating meat but if so, then it’s better for everyone if the livestock could have a decent life...

Force feeding ducks is one of the worst things you’ve heard of?
Dude, you need to get out more...

Foie gras is delicious, but that’s neither here nor there.
There are atrocities happening the world over but force feeding ducks is one of the worst things...?

Priorities need to be re-evaluated.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Don Gorske - the man who almost exclusively lives off big macs, and seems to be in decent health.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Just gonna leave that there...

I like a big mac, maybe once every 2 moths, but living off them almost exclusively sounds a tad excessive.
I love good, fresh, and natural food. It’s hard to come by these days. There’s TBHQ in my sriracha mayo...
But at least a nice aged rib-eye doesn’t have any preservatives.

Cut up a nice octopus last night and tempura’d the sucker after I let it soften in buttermilk for 24h.
And the night before it was fatty duck breast with shiitake mushrooms and rosemary basmati.
I like a fast food as much as the next guy, but you have to realise it’s made to be addictive, hell, even the colours they use for branding and advertising have their shylock characteristics.

Good food goes a long way.
A big mac every now and then doesn’t hurt, but it’s the intention behind it, the hollow cash-grab that bothers my conscience.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Hey I can imagine the various responses but I thought it might be interesting to hear from people anyway.

Ok, well, you asked for it...

I’ve grown a bad habit of getting fast food from McDonald’s and Burger King but the good thing is that my choices are limited to coffee (black), and fries, and BK has decent veggie burgas.

So I wonder if people think that this might be OK for my health, considering that I’m still vegetarian and I’m basically eating the best possible things from each place lol.

Lots of comments come to mind... like, 'hey, is it ok for the health of my car if I just put a little bit of sugar in the gas tank or oil reservoir'...

But my main comment would be, the biggest threat to your health, based on your comment, is the fact that you are vegetarian.

The worst thing about this habit might just be the obvious high fat of the fries etc. being cooked,

Nope, it isn't the 'high fat', because all fats are not created equal.

Natural saturated fats from high quality animal foods (pasture raised/fed) are the healthiest fats you could ever eat.

The 'fats' from vegetable oils (usually rancid in these FF restaurants) are the absolute worst, bar none, and quickly destroy your health.

Of course, the human body is amazingly resilient, so if you only indulge occasionally, and eat healthy the rest of the time, you'll likely be ok. The problem is, apparently currently you are not eating healthy.

and also high sodium, but I could care less about that!!

Salt is very healthy, and 'sodium restriction is healthy' is just another one of the lies of the medical industry, like cholesterol is bad, and eggs are extremely unhealthy.

do you think the cooking oil itself has some problem beyond the fact of being oil?

The vast majoprity of vegetable oils are extraordinarily unhealthy. Raw coconut oil is one exception, olive and avacado oil are also supposedly good.

Do u imagine toxic chemicals or something in the fries and veggie burgers?

Massive amounts, yes.

I imagine the coffee is pretty harmless unless people have a specific reason to think that there’s something wrong with it?

It is also chemical laden garbage.

On the other hand, organically grown unprocessed coffee, in moderation is very healthy.
It is your diet in general that is making you feel crappy...

Start learning the truth...

Go to youtube, and start watching some videos by the following Doctors:

Dr. Shawn Baker
Dr. Paul Saladino
Dr. Ken Berry
Dr. Jason Fung

There are a lot more, but if you watch these with an open mind, and check their sources and do your own research, and, most importantly, be willing to at least give these changes a try, then you will be on your way...

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Force feeding ducks is one of the worst things you’ve heard of?
Dude, you need to get out more...

Foie gras is delicious, but that’s neither here nor there.
There are atrocities happening the world over but force feeding ducks is one of the worst things...?

Priorities need to be re-evaluated.

No lol, the main topic there was farm animals, and of that, yes force-fed ducks is absolutely terrible, and it must be one of the worst things I’ve heard. I think the animal can’t move its whole life, while it’s literally force-fed down its throat constantly, and that’s its whole life! 100% pain and suffering.

If someone actually enjoys the product then you know it’s one of the worst things possible, in terms of animal cruelty/ suffering, and so there’s just something sick about enjoying it, knowing it’s an entire life of cruelty and torture for an animal.

It’s absolutely terrible for everyone but I also doubt that you actually eat that stuff lol and you’re probably just trolling.

Anyway animal welfare is not a competition against human welfare, as you kinda implied, or something like that, lol.

edit on 23-4-2021 by JamesChessman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Thanks, I’ll look at your links but you do have some opposite views, of mine.

I love olive oil and I consume it constantly. I love it and I can’t really be convinced of it being unhealthy.

I agree with you that salt should not be a problem if the food / diet is ok.

However I don’t agree that animal fats are better than vegetarian options like olive oil.

And I do eat healthy in my own time, but I guess I didn’t really explain that, because I was just asking about this habit I’ve acquired while on the road.

Also I do think that there’s something wrong with this fast food that I’m not sure exactly what it is. Not oil or salt. There’s something else wrong with it that is messing up my body and mind, even though I’m not sure exactly what. Maybe it’s the general slew of chemicals in everything. I feel disgusting though lol.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You know what, I almost feel like there’s some element of mind altering chemicals in the food, somehow, or maybe it’s the salt, plus the portions sizes, or something... but I can never feel like I’m full.

I can eat a lot until I almost basically feel full, but I always feel a sad feeling, when I’m leaving.

This is bizarre to feel like this lol.

I’m kind of fascinated why I am catching feelings like this lol.

I don’t know but I’m increasingly feeling that there’s something really strange about this stuff, with some strange effects on our body and mind...

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You know what, I almost feel like there’s some element of mind altering chemicals in the food, somehow, or maybe it’s the salt, plus the portions sizes, or something... but I can never feel like I’m full.

Close. It's engineered food, it has a measured portion of salt, fat, sugar and carbs that tricks your body into thinking it's not full. The more you eat that garbage the more you want to eat that garbage, it's like the drugs of the food world.

It's not just fast food, it's all over supermarkets, limit the amount of purchases from the middle of the store where most of the processed crap is located.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I eat almost all animal fats, as i am a butter user. I use other oils for scorch point....but butter is my preferred cooking fat. And while i am no picture of health, most of that relates to autoimmune issues that are prevalent in my family. When you measure things like triglycerides, hdl/ldl, and cholesterol...mine are all well within normal limits as a 48 year old man of northern european descent.

The only issue is my hdl and ldl are off due to how much butter i consume compared to olive oil.

I think there is something to be said for different genetics, and gut flora, and how a person responds to their diet.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

what drives this the most are "healthy options" that are devoid of fats, and pumped up with sugars. Fats, when fully digested and vacating the stomach, do not drive hunger. Fats do not create an insulin response.

Sugar, on the other hand, does. So you eat your little diet portion, with no fat but double the sugar. Since fat is twice as dense in calories as sugar, its a nice trick that they can play on the label. You consume this, and your body produces insulin to offset it. But since there are no fats, it digests quickly. Quicker than the insulin response fades. So you are left with more insulin in your body than sugar, which creates hunger cravings. So you eat more.

Sugar is quite literally the most evil thing to come out of the New World. Far worse than syphillus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join