It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will Police say enough ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Where do I begin ..?

I truly try to approach things without my passions interceding when it comes to ATS and or Politically driven subjects , I do not always succeed but alas I try.

Let me attempt once more to be as Objective as I can with the subject at hand .

Policing in the United States of America is on the verge of change whether for the better or worse is yet to be known , Every time a police officer shoots and or physically engages a minority anywhere in the USA it is being spotlighted immediately by the MSM . It is being spotlighted in a Negative light regardless of the facts , and in one fail swoop the BLM movement moves in on the Attack and the Democratic party is right there at their back along with celebrities and former Presidents ‘ Barack Obama ‘ condemning the Police and supporting the victim narrative.

What I just said above is a Fact .

Now The question is what is the end goal here ?

Civil War ?
Marshal Law ?

Do they want Organized Crime to take the place of the Police ? Because make no mistake the day is fast approaching when the Police in the USA will say enough is enough and strike or simply walk away from the badge . The irony of it is the People who loathe the Police i.e. lower income Americans Whites , Blacks , Hispanics and so on are the ones who need the Police so desperately . If the Police in the USA strike , the lower income neighborhoods would immediately become a haven of Murder , Rape , Robbery and Crime in general and when the Mother who is desperate to keep the encroaching gangs out of her home picks up the Phone there will be nothing deafening silence .

It breaks my heart to even imagine such scenarios but perhaps it’s exactly what we need to wake people up in the USA .

Police Officers are HUMAN they are not robots , they feel fear and the basic will to survive just like anyone else.

Fact: Police make mistakes yes .
Fact: Police are in need a New Training yes .
Fact: Police Departments need much higher recruiting standards .

Also though

Fact: Police do not shoot people because of their skin color .

Take a good long look at what is really going on , The Left is not stupid they know we need Police . The Left does care about minorities , they only use them for Political gain that could not be more obvious , So I ask again what is really going on here what is their goal ?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The solution is obvious. We need to train our police to shoot weapons out of hands. If they have a suicide vest, shoot them with a tranquilizer. If people are acting rowdy, tell them to take it to time out. Easy.

At least that's what I think the left believes.

Edit: I'll reply with a serious answer. Or an opinion if you will. Police need more funding and more training. The justice system needs to be revamped. We need both of those things to happen in order for things to get better. Not one or the other. What is their end game? I bet they haven't thought that far ahead, but it honestly seems like they want a civil war or collapse.
edit on 21-4-2021 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   
They are quitting in the defund zones, droves of them thought I read late last year that retirement paper submission was up like 200% in New York.

The mess the pacific nw is right now I imagine cops are fleeing as fast as possible there to.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

It looks to me like the Left want to divide every possible faction of society that they can.

The saying “Out of chaos comes order” seems to fit.

The problem is that their definition of order results in control that demands obedience in all of our thoughts and deeds.

Over the last few months their sickness is being exposed. The only hope is that people start to stand up to this and say no, HELL NO!

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
After the verdict was passed, I said that the entire law enforcement community in the US should go on a three-day walk-out. Everybody, at least local and state.

Of course, I live outside of the US (but US citizen with close family there), so that's kind of easy for me to say. I've been nearly begging my mother to get the hell out of there for months now, to come join us and she wants to but feels obligated for various reasons to stat. But, can you imagine what three days without local or state law enforcement would mean?

Maybe folks would get the message, but I fear that the level of stupidity that has infected a critical mass of US citizens just might even render something so drastic useless.

link   

Be careful.

All "defunded", all "no-cop" areas are ripe for the federal government to swoop in and put in place their leftist version of the police.

And we all know how that ends up.

link   
I understand why handcuffs are used but why don't police use ankle cuffs? Get the resisting individual in control, cuff the wrists and ankles and just wait until back up or paramedics arrive. You're not going to be much of a threat if your cuffed in that manner. Sit them on a curb or side of the road and wait.

Honest question.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Now The question is what is the end goal here ? Civil War ? Marshal Law ?

I’d settle for police facing consequences when they murder someone instead of a paid vacation. How about a civilian review board and ending qualified immunity?

How about not lowering the entry standards for people who can legally put a gun in my face and kill me? As of now they make it a point to not hire the best and brightest. Regulate the power of police unions. Why don’t you guys extend your hate for unions to police unions? Strange that you all never mention them.

People are fed up with the state of police in America. And I have to say, it’s ironic to see the same people who base their entire personality on not doing what the government tells them proudly say “they should have just complied”, when a government employee kills someone.

Give me a break.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think police problems are mostly the fault of the local government structures that oversee the police policies 😎

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Tink, tink, tink. That's the sound of your country being chipped away by the social engineers behind all of this idiocy.

The real question is, how do you police a reprobate society when the morals of that society are being compromised by those entrusted to safeguard them?

Answer that.

People are increasingly violent and the sentiment now is always going to be against lawful authorities because authoritarians only support their idea of justice.

The police are in a lose, lose situation. Ever expanding crime with an infinite number of factors supporting said crimes..... Why even bother policing at all? Let the nihilist take over for one week...
That will be the end of this nonsense, they hate authority with a moral bent because they're immoral people.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

so millions of interactions a day (roughly 800,000 uniformed cops), so lets say 365 million (conservative number) interactions a year and 1000 roughly people killed a year, in a country with 400+ million firearms in civilian hands, and 330+ million people.

Did you forget how to critically think?

Yes they can do better, but to act like police are gunning people down willy nilly is to ignore facts, and they only way to get to that point is to fail completely at critical thinking.
edit on 21-4-2021 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

But, but, but! The social engineers didnt put that story on the news and snopes says it's fake news! Phew, I nearly had to have a thinky thought then!

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: that1lurker

You really think police in the US need better funding? Their budget is currently just slightly less than the Chinese military's budget. For all intents and purposes they're the third most well funded military force in the world. And you think they need more funding?

Maybe if the police took their current budget, or God forbid a smaller budget, and put it towards practical things instead of tanks and military-grade weapons a lot if issues could be solved. If you start equipping your police like soldiers is it really any surprise when they start thinking they can kill with impunity?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Mind pointing me to an example where the police think they can simply kill with impunity?

Why are you pretending that policemen arent individuals free to make a choice in every interaction they have with others, like you are....

Weird that.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

To be honest, I dont know how much the police are given in funding. If what you say is true, then I guess their funds are horribly misused. Which doesn't surprise me. I'm not saying they need to be equipped like soldiers, but I do think that most departments around the country are failing because they can't afford to pay their officers more, cant afford to pay for special units, etc. Every town I have gone to has the same story. Not enough money or police officers to serve the population of that place.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
I understand why handcuffs are used but why don't police use ankle cuffs? Get the resisting individual in control, cuff the wrists and ankles and just wait until back up or paramedics arrive. You're not going to be much of a threat if your cuffed in that manner. Sit them on a curb or side of the road and wait.

Honest question.

Ever been kicked in the race?

Honest question...

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

If they raised the entry requirements YOU would scream ‘discrimination’

That’s a fact

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Now The question is what is the end goal here ? Civil War ? Marshal Law ?

I’d settle for police facing consequences when they murder someone instead of a paid vacation. How about a civilian review board and ending qualified immunity?

How about not lowering the entry standards for people who can legally put a gun in my face and kill me? As of now they make it a point to not hire the best and brightest. Regulate the power of police unions. Why don’t you guys extend your hate for unions to police unions? Strange that you all never mention them.

People are fed up with the state of police in America. And I have to say, it’s ironic to see the same people who base their entire personality on not doing what the government tells them proudly say “they should have just complied”, when a government employee kills someone.

Give me a break.

What is it with people like you ?

you only focus on the smallest percentage % of cases when it comes to Police / Civilian interaction , It is the Absolute exception of the exception of the exception that someone ends up dying in a Police interaction and you find that just so unfathomable .

Police Carry guns
+
Criminals Carry guns
= some one is getting shot

Police the USA interact with hundreds of thousands probably millions of people every single day and for the most part it turns out fine , but you know there is one common variable to those that don't turn out fine they all resisted or fought.

and I have to say, it’s ironic to see the same people who base their entire personality on not doing what the government tells them proudly say “they should have just complied”

Police are not politicians mate , Police are just working class citizens trying to do a very hard job so in other words you have no idea what your talking about .

You really don't get it do you ? If it's not the local police it's going to the Federal Police and Believe me Feds are much much quicker on the trigger than some Sheriffs deputy.

and who cares about Unions ? Who are you Jimmy Hoffa?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

If you start equipping your police like soldiers is it really any surprise when they start thinking they can kill with impunity?

And that is exactly what your going to get when the Federal Government takes control of all Policing in the USA .

Tick Tock it's coming .
edit on 21-4-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: typo / grammar

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Be careful.

All "defunded", all "no-cop" areas are ripe for the federal government to swoop in and put in place their leftist version of the police.

And we all know how that ends up.

The end game of the Left.

Precisely.

Finish turning everything upside down, where Antifa, loyal to Democrats, would become the new "police"....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join