It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elder Paisios - Greek Orthodox Christian Saint - End Times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Full disclosure up front: I am a Russian Orthodox Christian convert from Roman Catholicism. I converted because I married a beautiful Russian woman, but found that the Eastern Orthodox tradition was incredibly rich in content, guidance, faith and mysticism.

That said, I think it is pertinent in this day & age to bring attention to a modern day saint, Elder Paisios from Greece. He, like many Elders on Mt. Athos, Russia, and even America, was given many gifts due to his piety and unwavering faith. One of these gifts was that of glimpsing the future. Our very own Elder Ephraim in Arizona (greekreporter.com...) was given this same gift of prophecy, though kept the information largely hidden from view of the general Orthodox faithful.

Elder Paisios' ideas can be found on YouTube. One of the more pertinent videos is here: www.youtube.com... in which he discusses the UPC symbol and the beginning of the Beast System. He also discussed a "vaccine" here: www.youtube.com...

It is believed that the vaccine, potential microchips to detect the Wuhan Flu (nypost.com...), vaccine passports are preliminary marks of the beast, making one less likely to resist the REAL mark of the beast when it is revealed.

For this reason, I think that those who receive the vaccination (e.g. my father, sister and all my work colleagues) have not received the mark of the beast and there is still hope. Though I fear that the pummeling we Christians are taking will soon destroy our will to resist; but resist we must. The first step is not to give in to any control mechanism.

In Christ,
Avardan (aka Seraphim in the Russian Orthodox Church)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Avardan

Thank you for this, as to the sign of the beast I accept his belief since he is a man of God now with the Lord.

That said there is another interpretation and it may be no accident that BOTH are accurate.
therevivedottomanempire.yolasite.com...

Now remember BOTH are accurate.

Also remember this there are many more martyrs day by day than any can count, people beheaded simply for refusing to renounce Christ.

Children in Syria where murdered because they refused to renounce Christ.

There is no doubt that Satanic forces are at work in Europe.

The opening of the Gotthard Tunnel for example. (the hide it under the heading of Art but it is not art it is a corruption though many that participated where innocent dancers and actors may the Lord protect there soul's).

A possible Human Sacrifice in front of a Pagan Idol to the Hindu deity Shiva at Cern, Shiva if it were real would most definitely not approve but since his arch enemy was the Hindu god of death well that show's the true intentions of those that did this real or not.
Cern Claim's it was fake but Watch the girl's body when she lies on the ground and he hit's her with the dagger, is that jerk she makes fake or did he REALLY hit her hard?, yes the lad with the camera may have been just doing that for affect or it may have been real, the Indian government gave that statue to Cern.

Even if a mock and the girl was OK which I am not convinced she was the fact remains that Mock sacrifice are also used in Satanic ritual's and cult ceremonies, some of which blaspheme the Christ complete with fake resurrection's.

For a very long time Christians have wanted this removed from Germany and sent back to Pergamum were it came from.

God keep you safe, there are Demonic forces at work in the world.

Peace be with you, may the Lord shelter you and your wife in his hands and watch over you and your family.

Thank you for putting this up, I have a love of the Syriac Orthodox whom because of old rivalry's chose to join the Catholic church but whom the Russians and Orthodox influence seem to be doing more to protect than anyone else has.

I will argue a very important point though.
Taken from this site.
www.biblegateway.com...:1-11&version=NIV

Ananias and Sapphira
5 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.

3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”

“Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”

9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

Now my point, the Early - uncorrupted - Church as you can see was very much like a Kibbutz a commune of sorts, they cared for the poor, looked after the sick, cared for the elderly and the young and clothed, sheltered and fed everyone.

Marx strayed in that he espoused Atheism, in part because Priests were crooks in his day and in Christs time as well.

Or why did The Christ have to do this.
www.biblehub.com...

Jesus Cleanses the Temple
11The crowds replied, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee.” 12Then Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those selling doves. 13And He declared to them, “It is written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer.’ But you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’ ”

He also said if your brother has no coat and you have two give him the one you are NOT using.

Go sell all you own and give it to the poor then come and follow me.

Cast not your pearl before Swine (so discernment is necessary there is no point giving a drug addict money if he is just going to go and get a fix them come and kill you for more when he need's another fix but there are other ways to help someone like that).

edit on 21-4-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The Mark is the sign used by the Beast to identify those willing to follow him.
For that reason, I always argue that the best way of approaching the puzzle is to identify the Beast first. That is, someone dominating the world and persecuting Christians.
Once you know the Beast, you know what "uniform" identifies his followers.
If nobody at the moment matches the description of the Beast, then the Beast doesn't exist yet and his mark won't be operating, so there is no need to look for it.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   
IMO the Rapture will occur before the mark comes.. . Pretrib....

The apostles also believe pretribulation...

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Question:

If I sell everything I own in order to follow Christ, how do I end up with even one coat, let alone being rich enough to have one I may use *and* one that I may give away because I am not using it? I sold it all didn't I, and if I didn't but pretended I did, wouldn't I then be at risk of getting struck down like Ananias?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Careful... logical and/or math based questions like that are Satan's territory. He has many "demons of doubt" ...or at least that is what many Christians have told me when they show up at my door to scoop me into their fold.

But it does raise interesting questions about most alleged "Christians."

Also, what did the spirit that self identifies as "Holy" accomplish by striking the two selfish liars dead? Was their lot improved by divine death? Was it for the rest of the congregation, instead? Was their being terrified into complete material poverty the point... or was it to terrify them into being completely honest and if so, is terror the best way to teach?

Anyhoo... I don't enjoy stepping on faith, which is the most powerful human force out there ...and don't have many problems with what Jesus seemed to be trying to teach. It's the surrounding morass that worries.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   

The speech must be taken in context.

20You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and mother.’ ” 21“All these I have kept from my youth,” he said. 22On hearing this, Jesus told him, “You still lack one thing: Sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”

Afterwards the young man went away greatly troubled and Jesus apostles asked him, he explained that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven BUT that with God all thing's ARE possible.

You see the young man while obeying the law lived in THIS world, to be a true Christian which I have not mastered myself you have to be utterly dead to this world even if your body is alive, that is not be bound by the material possessions but instead live already in the expectancy of the world to come - the true life.

And for himself while he walked among us Jesus said this.
9And one of the scribes came to Him and said, “Teacher, I will follow You wherever You go.” 20 Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay His head.”

We way ourselves down, earthy possessions soulless things become important to us and we cherish them when we should not.

I am far from perfect so I can not lecture you but needless to say there was under Camerons and May's government's a drive to force people to pay into private pensions schemes to keep afloat the fraudulent speculative schemes that most hedge fund's are built upon, this was coupled with a deliberate act of destroying our state pension system an act of self interest and greed by the Tory's and not at all, not in the smallest way possible in the interests of our nation, I know I have dipped slightly into politics here but Christ spoke directly against there so called "Doing the Right Thing" propaganda, I mean remember the archbishop's going against the government for the first time in century's?.
The rich man who built a barn to store up his wealth but then his soul was required of him (it was his time to die) so who then get's his wealth, while he was alive he could have stored up far more wealth in heaven by helping the poor and needy around him with his great wealth, you know the story.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Your logic leaves something to be desired so I would suggest not throwing stones when you are living in a glass house might be a wise life decision.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yes, we've had this disagreement in the past. The young man was unwilling to give up everything. A truly faithful person would have agreed much like Abraham was willing to sacrifice Isaac. You will note, however, that God did not take that sacrifice being satisfied that Abraham was willing to do so. Similarly there is the account of the tax collector who was saved after giving up what was needed to make recompense plus ... but not everything he had.

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Jesus alluded to the fact he would save him anyway because in that young man's case he was a good soul albeit a bit too materialistic, but then aren't we all except of course ascetic monk's and some priestly orders sworn to poverty and the homeless frowned down on by society (as you treat the least of these so too do you treat me).

And yes God was only testing Abram at that time, he never wanted sacrifice it is for us that it is necessary to understand the meaning of loss and God gave his own son so he did what he Spared Abram from, though yes Jesus did rise again but that does not make his death and sacrifice and the fact he could not go ahead have a wife and some kid's no less bitter, he accepted the bitter cup from his father in the garden.

You know though many deny it's validity there is a growing body of evidence suggesting the Shroud of Turin is genuine, the wounds he suffered from the scourging alone were enough to kill any man but not him and he had to suffer all of that pain and probably lost more blood than any other human could sustain before he even reached the place of the skull.

He gave for us MORE than everything he had and what an ungrateful bunch of sorry sinners we are, we could never save ourselves and he knows that so thank God he gave us his son.

edit on 22-4-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join