It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Fired For Donating to Rittenhouse

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
A NC police was fired after hackers released a list of people that donated to Rittenhouse's defense. Apparently he anonymously donated $25 and left a message saying you did nothing wrong. So you're no longer allowed to donate to who you want or support them? People donated millions to the criminal Jacob Blake that started this mess. I wonder if any of them got fired.

Washington Post Link

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog
A NC police was fired after hackers released a list of people that donated to Rittenhouse's defense. Apparently he anonymously donated $25 and left a message saying you did nothing wrong. So you're no longer allowed to donate to who you want or support them? People donated millions to the criminal Jacob Blake that started this mess. I wonder if any of them got fired.

Washington Post Link

Police Officers are paid to uphold the law.

Donating to someone who broke the law and is awaiting trial is a contradiction to what a Police Officer is employed to do.

Correct decision.
edit on 21-4-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
That's your interpretation. I don't recall a trial. But going on your theory, should we track down all police that donated to perceived criminals and fire them? Maxine waters did said some very troubling things during the Chauvin trial that could be seen as illegal. We better fire any police that donated to her campaign.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadlyStaringFrog

That's your interpretation.

Correct. How observant of you.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Just obey, do what the MSM tells you to do, think what the MSM tells you to think.

Or you will be punished.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Guilty until proven innocent!

Awesome!

No GoFundMe for whoever the fk this guy is.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Check what he is charged with.

A Minor in possesion of a firearm. Yes he was.

Breaking a curfew. Yes he did.

Antyhing else useless you want to add ?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   

pretty sure they are paid to enforce the law, not uphold anything. i mean you're implying that the hackers didn't violate the law and acted morally when they didn't, they're just criminals with no sense of morality who think what they did was ok because feelings justify anything against anyone even if they did nothing wrong or illegal or even immoral, just offering support to something or someone you dislike is enough to justify their actions.
edit on 21-4-2021 by namehere because: (no reason given)

same logic as any nazi
edit on 21-4-2021 by namehere because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The department didn't donate...a free citizen did. One who has a right to donate to whatever he wishes with his money. Do you think all police should lose the right to spend their money as they see fit or just that one?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Funnily, I asked a friend that works at the Seattle TV Station about why they aren't reporting on the 16 year old getting shot by talking about how the cops saved the life of the girl that was going to be stabbed. The friend said that two of the anchors were told to say what was on the teleprompter or go find a new job.

It's sickening how much unknown sponsors control what we see on the news. There are know sponsors, but the big money comes from LLC types pumping money into the media stations. It's all very disgusting.

link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

That's your interpretation.

Correct. How observant of you.

When one knows little of the subject matter , it is not wise to "interpret"

+2 more 
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Check what he is charged with.

A Minor in possesion of a firearm. Yes he was.

Breaking a curfew. Yes he did.

Antyhing else useless you want to add ?

Yes.

I want to a add that some random guy donated to some other random guy ANONYMOUSLY and got chastised for it.

Wtf?

How are you okay with this?

Do you not believe in privacy?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

pretty sure they are paid to enforce the law, not uphold anything.

You're not sure enough then.

Police accountability involves holding both individual police officers, as well as law enforcement agencies responsible for effectively delivering basic services of crime control and maintaining order, while treating individuals fairly and within the bounds of law. Police are expected to uphold laws, regarding due process, search and seizure, arrests, discrimination, as well as other laws relating to equal employment, sexual harassment, etc. Holding police accountable is important for maintaining the public's "faith in the system".[1]:42 Research has shown that the public prefers independent review of complaints against law enforcement, rather than relying on police departments to conduct internal investigations. There is a suggestion that such oversight would improve the public's view on the way in which police officers are held accountable

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

His mistake was using his work email address. Im sure it violated policies many police forces have policies set so as not to get involved in any court cases in another jurisdiction. Him using his work email to send him a message looked like the department condoned his actions. And the reason he did it was because he wanted them to know what he did and supported him. He could have easily created an account made his donation and nothing could have been said. Using your work account all actions can be reviewed by the department. We had someone at my work did something similar he used his work email to set up a donation page for his relative. They fired him for inapropriate use of companies internet. The real reason is if they allowed this looks like they are supporting the cause which could even open up legal problems.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If he used a work email, I cant really complain about that.

I would be in 10 different kinds of trouble if I donated to a politically hot situation from a govt email address.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog

Washington Post Link

Police Officers are paid to uphold the law.

Donating to someone who broke the law and is awaiting trial is a contradiction to what a Police Officer is employed to do.

Correct decision.

In other words (yours) public employees shouldn’t have personal opinions political or otherwise because paychecks.

Did I get that right?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

His mistake was using his work email address.

Seriously?

Okay, he's dumb as sh1t and deserves to be chastised.

edit on 2142021 by Wide-Eyes because: Scratch that

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They are paid to reasonably enforce the laws while on duty. Their decision to help someone afford a defense attorney while of duty is nobodies business but his.

link   
I guess due process died sometime last year.

Never got the memo.

link   
a reply to: dragonridr
I did not see violation of internet policies mentioned anywhere but if that's the case then pretty stupid.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join