It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legendary Rock Composer Jim Steinman has Died age 73

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I heard the news on the radio earlier today that the composer of one of the albums that provided the soundtrack to my youth had died , that album was of course Bat Out of Hell , essential listening for a young biker , the genius of the song writing stands out even today and was just a part of the musical legacy that Jim left for us all , along with the title track "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" stood out to me as a work of pure brilliance.

Jim Steinman also wrote and produced for other artists and wrote and produced this for Bonnie Tyler.

And produced this for The Sisters Of Mercy.

"If you don't go over the top, you can't see what's on the other side."
Jim Steinman

Thank you Mr Steinman , Rest in Peace.

jimsteinman.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
One of the greatest in my humble opinion
Nothing better than “Two out of three ain’t bad”
Icicles instead of tears

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Oh no!!!! This has made me sad

I used to have Steinman sings Steinman Album or cassette.....yes I'm that old.
It was the follow up to Bat out of Hell but either it was because Meat had lost his voice and had to rest it for 12 months, or they had a massive falling out. So Steinman recorded it himself. A couple of the tracks then appeared in Bat Out of Hell II.

I don't think I've got dementia just yet.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
"Paradise" is just one of those essential college nostalgia tracks alongside "Don't Fear the Reaper" and "Hotel California".

Oh and "One whiskey, one scotch, and one beer ..." apologies if I misquote, it's been a while since I've heard it.
edit on 21-4-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer .... great song.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

SoM... that has always been surprising that it got that Steinman treatment. I always liked it because it was longer than 4:30!!

Dr Avalanche became signature sound and I still have Lucretia in my drum machine after all these years!

Besides the drums and bass ass shaking boogie of rock and roll, the production value takes what was/is good and puts that extra something. And most producers are great song writers (for example EVH recorded the solo for Billie Jean, and with a whole rest of the hour in the studio, re-arranged recorded parts so it “flowed” better. MJ liked it, so it stayed. That is true freedom of the studio producer that knows their way around both the mixing board and the chord changes!)

Oddly enough, added BOoH to my phone as there are just those times when only Meatloaf songs fit!!!

RIP!
edit on 21-4-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Dumb ass smart phone

join