It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And here we go again...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Again... what if the girl that had a knife was protecting herself? Should the cop had shot her? It’s a simple yes or no question for you.

edit on 21-4-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch
I watched the video.
It appeared to me the girl shot was attacking the girl in pink.
The girl in pink was attacking no one upon arrival of the officer.
Should the officer let the girl in pink be stabbed?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
Again... what if the girl that had a knife was protecting herself? Should the cop had shot her? It’s a simple yes or no question for you.

Simple question from someone who accused me of being racist doesn't seem very honest.

Should the cop have watched an unarmed person get stabbed?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

If someone comes to my house to start something and I grab a knife to defend myself and use it I hope the cops don’t kill me for it.

I can grant that this is the type of situation where is a split second decision by the cop involved that doesn’t mean it doesn’t required a full investigation.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Did we see the same video?
The girl shot had the knife, right?
She was attempting to stab the girl in pink, right?

The girl in pink was lucky the officer didn't hit her by accident.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:45 AM
link   

My initial post that I tag you in what most of a response to your the article than to you and I qualified for those that “idolized” law enforcement... if you do then that’s you so I don’t see where the offense is.

As far a the cop letting a person get stabbed... I’ll admit that it seems like a split second decision of use of force. But again, if I’m in my house and some people show up to start something and I grab a knife to defense myself I would wish that if cops show up I’m not the one ending up dead.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Did we see the same video?
The girl shot had the knife, right?
She was attempting to stab the girl in pink, right?

The girl in pink was lucky the officer didn't hit her by accident.

Yes we did watch the same video. What I’m saying is that initial reports say that the girl with the knife was fighting ALL those girls that apparently went to HER house to jump her. We obviously need more details as initial report can be wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
a reply to: shooterbrody

If someone comes to my house to start something and I grab a knife to defend myself and use it I hope the cops don’t kill me for it.

I can grant that this is the type of situation where is a split second decision by the cop involved that doesn’t mean it doesn’t required a full investigation.

Difference here is there's no castle doctrine. If she was raised better she would be alive right now.

If you're at your house and someone comes to start something, do you leave the safety of your house to go out an confront them???

Yeah, real smart.

P.s. If you grab a knife and go out to stab another person, IN FRONT OF THE POLICE NO LESS, (that obviously wasn't going to detour her!) then yes, the police will probably kill you and rightfully so.

ITS CALLED ATTEMPTED MURDER!

STOP deflecting and projecting and denying accountability and responsibility for folks who are off their hinges.

edit on 4/21/2021 by EternalShadow because: eta/correction

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   
So she did attempt to stab the girl in pink, and right in front of the officer?

The girl in pink was not near her upon the officers arrival.

How else would the officer prevented the stabbing?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I don't think you would run out in front of a cop, tackle someone, then charge another person with a knife in hand.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:57 AM
link   

A question if I may; the girl who was about to get stabbed, think she was ok with the use of force?

damn right she is, she's alive. could have easily went the other way.

edit on 21-4-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I don’t even know what to say anymore.
I watched the video, she tried to attack the other 2 girls.
The first girl on the ground looked like she was kicked in the head by the homie in the hoodie or he attempted to kick her.
These #ing cops are stuck between a rock and a hard place, what was he supposed to do? Let her carve up these girls?
That girl had to see the cop was there and she still attempted the attack....you can’t do that. Period.
In my stupid opinion, the shooting was justified.
This is not a black or white race issue, that was an attempt to kill someone and the cop stopped it.
edit on 21-4-2021 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: that1lurker

I don't think you would run out in front of a cop, tackle someone, then charge another person with a knife in hand.

Well yes. That’s easy to say in hindsight though. I think we can all agree that when you are in a fight you are not in the best state of mind to begin with, she probably didn’t notice police been on the scene at all. Whole thing kind of stinks.
edit on 21-4-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I think you're really reaching there.. it does suck, but guess what, actions have consequences. You shouldn't try to stab people, especially in front of someone that's armed
edit on 21-4-2021 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It is amazing how quickly the authorities can provide video evidence these days.
That kind of transparency could go a long way in establishing trust in law enforcement.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I don't like stabby people. Sayonara sista.

What can we even debate here?

Next

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:24 AM
link   

It is amazing how quickly the authorities can provide video evidence these days.
That kind of transparency could go a long way in establishing trust in law enforcement.

That same thing happened here in Detroit several months ago.
The cops were ambushed by some clown with a gun when they were attempting to arrest another clown.
He started shooting at the cops and he got filled with lead.
A huge crowd gathered shouting all the same crap, BLM this and BLM that.
Police chief Craig released the body cam footage within an hour I think it was and it clearly showed the guy shooting at police first and all the protesters basically broke up and went home.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I can't believe there is an attempt to spin this as "another incident" as though the officer committed some atrocity. This was 100% justified. Some look at this and say the officer took a life. I say the officer saved a life.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   

So the young lady was defending herself?
Is that what happened?

Just defending herself and shot by a cop?

Your computer or device only has ATS??

I'd switch providers. That's terrible service.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow
What would you recommend?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join