It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verdict GUILTY

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We're not united, the Republic is essentially dead when the federalists view the Constitution as non-binding when convenient, the incessant backlash against God in this country is staggering, liberty is only available from the government when convenient, and as we saw today "justice" is little more than a buzzword used to describe pandering.

I pledge allegiance to what the flag was supposed to stand for and used to stand for, I wipe my ass with what it has been perverted into standing for in 2021.

(post by RMFX1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

(post by CagliostroTheGreat removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   

link   
Fortunately, justice was served today.

Unfortunately, this wont be the end of U.S. police officers killing, intentionally, or unintentionally, unarmed U.S. citizens.

I still fear for my minority friends, and every time they have to encounter the police.

Hopefully though, with this step forward, we can continue to make progress on eradicating this type of behavior from our law enforcement officers.

When you take the oath of an LEO, you are no longer a civilian. You are called to live by the higher standard than your job entails. "With great power comes great responsibility"

Chauvin wasnt a rookie cop. What he did was unnecessary, and obviously life threatening. He did it because he could, and he didnt think it would kill George, he was just flexing his dominance and his badge. After 60 seconds of George being pinned down, the solution was simple... cuff him and put him in the car. Real simple. Cops do it every day.

But no...

No matter what drugs, or ailments, or whatever Floyd had in him.. it was irrelevant. The physical trauma of being pinned and panicked for 9 mins on the street, assisted his death and therefore was a leading direct cause. Had Floyd been just put in the car, he would be alive, or at least have been able to get medical treatment. But he didnt get that chance.

He didnt get that chance because Chauvin took it away. That is murder. Unintentional 2nd degree murder... but still murder.

link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

originally posted by: RMFX1
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Word salad..blah blah blah people who disagree with you are racists and don't understand the ideals that they themselves claim to live by. BS.

Because you lack the facilities to comprehend my point makes it word salad, huh? Boy have a got access to some publications that'll make you really hungry!

Alright I'll say this and then I'm done. I appreciate that you have a different opinion on this particular case and that's fine. What I do not find OK is the suggestion that anyone in disagreement with you is a bigot racist. It's weak. Everyone here see's it. Have a lovely day.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Word salad..blah blah blah people who disagree with you are racists and don't understand the ideals that they themselves claim to live by. BS.

Because you lack the facilities to comprehend my point makes it word salad, huh? Boy have a got access to some publications that'll make you really hungry!

Alright I'll say this and then I'm done. I appreciate that you have a different opinion on this particular case and that's fine. What I do not find OK is the suggestion that anyone in disagreement with you is a bigot racist. It's weak. Everyone here see's it. Have a lovely day.

I have not used the words bigot, fascist, racist et al in this thread. I'm sure you are a peach 🥱

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicUmbra
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Yes. I wish he wouldn't deign as much.

Any updates on the scene? I don't get any tv signals, so no breaking news my way. It was sunny and 70 degrees here today and now it's snowing. I heard the weather was getting bad where the commotion was and wondered if the weather is affecting people to go home where it's warmer and not riot?
edit on 20-4-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected a typo.

edit on 20-4-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Added a point to clarify.

edit on Tue Apr 20 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

I got news for you.... more than half of that 60% is not on your side.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

There is room for constructive debate on this, some posters seem more interested in posting unsubstantial one liners some would consider intentional trolling and baiting though. Even when they themselves are responding to substantial posts with decently written claims and opinions.
edit on 20/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

STOP THE BICKERING AND OFF TOPIC POSTS.

YOU WILL BE POST BANNED. !!!

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: RMFX1

There is room for constructive debate on this, some posters seem more interested in posting unsubstantial one liners some would consider intentional trolling and baiting though. Even when they themselves are responding to substantial posts with decently written claims and opinions.

I'm not sure that there is all that much room for honest debate on this subject. I watched almost the entire trial, the verdict is objectively unjust and that's my stance on it. Is Chauvin a bad cop? Probably. Is he a murderer, it's a clear no. It's absurd.

GF was a dirtbag for sure but that's irrelevent to this unfortunate event. He obviously didn't deserve to die, but he obviously at the very least contributed to his own death. Those are just the facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join