It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pig blood smeared on former home of Chauvin defense witness

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Too much stupid to avoid it too.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It plays out like a predictably bad novel.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I completely agree with the prevailing sentiment of “these people inciting violence are lunatics.

But it’s worth noting they are this way because they feel their voices aren’t being heard. I don’t know that we are doing enough to address crime and violent behavior that often times leads to people in poverty stricken areas resorting to life decisions that attract law enforcement to their presence. I tend to believe that cops gravitate towards people and situations that are or are likely to make a turn for the worst based on the social and economic situations in the environment their in. Less often it’s a bad cop and more often it’s a poorly trained cop in a high stress situation surrounded by antagonists he/she feels could pose a threat. The solution, I think, lies in the middle.

We have to admit that law enforcement need better funding, better training, and more modernized outlook on indicators that can predict who and where dangerous situations may come up. Local governments need to be held accountable to their failed efforts for improving the socioeconomic situations many criminals are stuck in. Improving education in these communities is a local issue, not a federal issue. Nor is it the responsibility of law enforcement to educate people on the laws before a crime is committed.

I don’t see it as a left/right, black/white, or really even a poor/wealthy situation. Poor people can be amazing people and wealthy people can be absolute sh**bags. It’s the community that matters the most. The leadership, the opportunities, and the soul of those who live there. If none of that is there...why should anyone hold onto any moral values?
edit on 20-4-2021 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82
I don't agree with you. They aren't this way because they feel like their voices aren't being heard, they are this way because the vast majority of them like being lawless, like doing just what they want. they feel like they have the power to do what they want with no consequences and that is true because this administration is letting them do what they want because it suits their agenda.
You're looking too deep into a very simple situation reason wise. Plus there are a few well placed agent provocateurs. Race, deprivation etc has no place in their reasoning.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join