It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida's Anti-Riot Bill Signed by Ron DeSantis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

He does have a point.

Laws can, and will be, interpreted to mean what the PTB's want them to mean.

That's our job, to make sure that they are used properly...

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Great law actually. Here’s the link to read it : Link

It does some interesting things:

1 limits cities etc from defunding police, makes such actions easy to counter by state officials and governor.
2 makes the city liable if they refuse to take action against riots
3 increases penalties if the crimes occur during a riot
4 not letting people out on bail if criminal action happened during riot until they have first hearing in front of a judge
5 gives mandatory jail time for assaulting an officer
6 protects memorials, tombs, and historical sites better
7 basically prevents all the dumbass things Democrat cities have been doing to encourage and enable rioters and stiffens the penalties for doing so both to the rioters and cities who would encourage them.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

This will eat on the cities that are under democrat rule, interesting, lets see how many will be bailed out by terrorist organizations like antifa, BLM and hollywood.

Oops I forgot the kind like AOC and Kalamari harris

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
What upsets me is that government will ALWAYS overreach... that’s a fact. For example, many of the rioters of the Capitol riot now will face up to 10 year jail sentence thanks to... Trump executive order. I don’t condone riots, looting or what have you but I also don’t condone government overreach when it always end up hurting those that have the less of means to defend themselves on the courts.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Three or more acting with "common intent."

I thought "3's a crowd". I didn't know it was a riot too!

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

1 limits cities etc from defunding police, makes such actions easy to counter by state officials and governor.
4 not letting people out on bail if criminal action happened during riot until they have first hearing in front of a judge
7 basically prevents all the dumbass things Democrat cities have been doing to encourage and enable rioters and stiffens the penalties for doing so both to the rioters and cities who would encourage them.

A way to tell how GOOD a new law is, is by finding out how BAD Democrats think the law is.

They hate, detest, despise the anti-rioting law.

Source: www.orlandosentinel.com...

In other words, it's a grand-slam home-run of a bill!

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   

That would depend very much upon their actions, would it not??

Given the right circumstances, 3 could be a riot--unlikely, I'll grant you--but possible.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: infolurker

Great day for the citizens of Florida. They no longer have to live in fear!

I just have to add, it made me moist when De Santis made mention of, "If you are a mayor of one of our cities and you allow this violence to happen? It will be on you!". That had to shake the sandy ground they are standing on quite a bit!

I like that, too, but it's not gonna moisten my nad-globulins until I see a mayor get prosecuted for allowing violence.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I guess when those gangs of hoodlum teen teams flash mob a Walgreens, now I know I can call those events riots.

But, if they break out into song and dance, it's not.

edit on 19-4-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Only if they cause damage to persons or property. Or if there is a danger of them doing do so.

There also has to be "intent."

Nothing very subjective about it at all. /sarc

Another fun fact, it seems to make it easier to run over people who are blocking a road. Even if they're just sitting there. How cool is that? You can't be sued for it.

The law grants civil immunity to people who drive into protesters who are blocking a road, prevents people accused of rioting from bailing out of jail until after their first court appearance, and increases penalties for assaulting law-enforcement officers while engaging in a “riot.” It also penalizes local governments that interfere with efforts to stop a riot and allows law-enforcement agencies that face funding reductions to file objections.”
theconservativetreehouse.com... hit-road-blocking-protestors/

edit on 4/19/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If a group of people are intent on rioting then no law will stop that.

Rioting by its very definition is "lawlessness ".

However it does not hurt to put the legal apparatus in place to deal with the perpetrators

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

However it does not hurt to put the legal apparatus in place to deal with the perpetrators

Those laws already exist. And they seem to have been effective in Florida so far.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I know but I think Florida is just making it very clear and amplifying it after recent events and are trying deter it happening in their state

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Thankfully here in Florida we have some great sheriffs and only a few blue areas. So happy I moved back. I’ve only seen one Biden sticker - on a Prius lol.

Tons of people still have their trump flags and signs still up. Seen more f Biden flags than Biden signs or stickers.

To be fair, I’m an equal opportunity hater to dumb # Repub crap like the “patriot act” and almost anything done by a bush... but lately Democrats have the majority of bat # crazy.

I’m more of a libertarian but the official party is to focused on dumb stuff and silly creeds. I’m just for anyone being whatever they want and doing whatever they want as long as it doesn’t infringe on me. And the Democrats can’t be ignored anymore because they want to stomp all over you if you don’t follow their stupid crap.

Anyways, great law, big fu to Democrats trying to shove their hypocrisy down our throats.

Hope DeSantis doesn’t run for President or VP and we get to keep him around for a while. I’m rambling. It’s late time to sleep.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Phage

Three or more acting with "common intent."

I thought "3's a crowd". I didn't know it was a riot too!

Neither one of you “know” anything about the subject apparently , you assume with emotion and political bias lol.

Can we admit double standards yet? Shouldn’t Maxine Waters been indicted and impeached??

CNN be censored, or is it cool because it’s for “ a good cause” and a “peaceful protest”????

immoral hypocrites
edit on 20-4-2021 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

This post is extremely triggering to the leftist pro-rioting members here

Hence, it was ignored

Extremely anti-dEmocrat policy points in there

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

Neither one of you “know” anything about the subject apparently

Is this inaccurate?

•Define “riot” as a violent public disturbance involving 3 or more people acting with common intent resulting in injury to others, damage to property, or the imminent danger of injury or damage

www.wfla.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Nice deflection; will you admit the double standards? Will you stop defending hypocrisy and madness?

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Nice deflection;
So, it's accurate? (speaking of deflection)

Will you stop defending hypocrisy and madness?
Please show where I have done so.

Wait, watch this: Maxine Waters is an idiot.

Did I blow your mind?

edit on 4/20/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I know there was a riot on Capitol Hill, January 6th, 2021, led by right wing nut jobs and Q-cumbers, all for President Other Guy.

edit on 20-4-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join