It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida's Anti-Riot Bill Signed by Ron DeSantis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Three or more acting with "common intent."

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   

You’re saying there should not be a law against rioting

Because whackjob leftwing incel activists live to riot and attack innocent businesses, so laws against such things upset them

Don’t worry. Pro-segregation Joe (close dear friend of the KKK) will override the new law soon enough

edit on 19 4 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: xuenchen

There were no laws against vandalism in Florida before this?

🤭

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Are you searching for "riots in Florida" or "violence in Florida"?

Agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation arrested Baker without incident early this morning with assistance from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Tallahassee Police Department. He will make his initial appearance virtually this afternoon at 2:00 p.m. at the U.S. Courthouse before Magistrate Judge Charles A. Stampelos.

Not a riot!

Federal law enforcement agents today arrested Daniel Baker of Tallahassee for transmission, in interstate commerce, of a communication containing a threat to kidnap or to injure. Baker issued a call to arms for like-minded individuals to violently confront protestors gathered at the Florida Capitol this Sunday.

If this guy had succeeded, under this new law, the legal and peaceful protestors would also have been dealt with as rioters, just for being at the wrong place, at the wrong time.
edit on 19-4-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Didn't Florida already have a law against rioting? Yes, yes they did.

In addition, a public fight or brawl qualifying as a "riot" according to state laws can result in a felony prosecution, which is a more serious proceeding than a misdemeanor charge.

statelaws.findlaw.com...
edit on 4/19/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Good

Why get upset at another one?

More laws against violence are ‘bad’ for leftists

Funny that

But more gun laws will prevent gun crime

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I'm saying it's overkill, and probably pandering, because Florida doesn't have a problem with riots, which are almost alway political. I'm not saying that they don't have problems with violent crime.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Who's upset?

I think it's great. All those spring breakers are going to jail where they belong! Rowdies!

edit on 4/19/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   

a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

How do you figure? Are you ever not so cynical and confrontational? (double negative) for your countless double standards.
How do I figure what? I asked a question about what DeSantis said.

Was it legal to do harm to someone, including law enforcement officers, before this law was enacted?

What is your problem!? You'd have to be an idiot to not know assault laws are already on the books in every state. I think too much pineapple how made your brain soft. Either that or just like to troll.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

a reply to: EternalShadow

Enhanced penalties then. DeSantis could have expressed himself better.

I'm sure any potential rioters will think twice now. Good job.

Well, what do you think is a better solution?🤷🏾‍♂️

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
You all celebrate these laws today but I’m pretty positive that as soon Dems win in Florida you will be singing a different tune. That’s the problem with celebrating big government overreach... those tools one day will be turned against you.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
You all celebrate these laws today but I’m pretty positive that as soon Dems win in Florida you will be singing a different tune. That’s the problem with celebrating big government overreach... those tools one day will be turned against you.

Nothing in that bill prevents peaceful assembly. Let me know when you find something in it that does!

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Why sing a different tune? Everyone knows that if "non-left" people riot and destroy crap that they will be shot and or arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law already.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I've always been of the thought that looters and arsonists could and should be shot on sight.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

That’s not the point. The point is that laws agains any of these are already in the books. Or you think that rioting before today was legal in Florida? My point is the more laws the government approves agains its people no matter what side you are on we all lose.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Do they a big problem with riots in Florida?
When was the last time people rioted in Florida?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

That’s not the point. The point is that laws agains any of these are already in the books. Or you think that rioting before today was legal in Florida? My point is the more laws the government approves agains its people no matter what side you are on we all lose.

Why aren't the laws like this IN EVERY STATE being applied then? Why does it upset you so much that a governor had to stoop to your level to explain to savages that burning other peoples property, blocking streets, and threatening violence will end up with your ass in jail? You are right, the laws are already in the books, but thanks to political hack and seditious criminals there are many cities where not only is this allowed to happen, but when arrests are made the Soros funded attorney sets the actors free?

You are like that spoiled child that after the 3rd ass whoopin for throwing a tantrum in the grocery store because you didn't get what you wanted, still can't figure out why you got your ass whooped!

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Whackjob leftwing incel activists are the ONLY ones upset about this

Because if a leftist can’t attack an innocent person over a non-existent falsely perceived grievance, they get upset
edit on 19 4 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Yes it was some ugly encounters between protesters and law abiding citizens, I can not remember when it was I think after Ferguson case, protesters took to the streets and in one instance they stopped traffic and some proceeded to take a driver by force off his car, he pulled a gun to the rioters and after that people were showing their weapons to rioters in order to keep them off their properties. It was not shot outs, thank god.

It was another case of a man during last year protest by the terrorist group BLM in which a man was pushed to the ground while he was filming the protest and several protestors try to cause harm to the man and he pulled a gun to protect himself, he was taken into custody but no charges were filed against him for protecting himself.

So yes, the right to arms for protection works in Florida,

edit on 19-4-2021 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

At this present time, perhaps, even likely, they're not.

If, and I hope riots don't happen, though I'm less than positive they won't, riots do occur, and these "enhanced" penalties are used to punish, then perhaps they will think twice, at least in Florida, about rioting again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join