It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida's Anti-Riot Bill Signed by Ron DeSantis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Good,

I am glad someone in a position of Authority has a damned clue and has the will to actually address these riots and the rioters with consequences for their lawless actions and blatant crimes.

+ 1 for Governor DeSantis.

www.newsweek.com...

The bill cracks down on protesters accused of participating in riots, defacing historical monuments, as well as obstructing highways and streets. The bill also deems "mob intimidation"—defined as attempting to induce someone into doing an act or adopting a particular viewpoint—as unlawful.

Assaulting police officers "in furtherance of a riot" is punishable with a six-month minimum jail sentence.

www.clickorlando.com...

The law penalizes local governments who would look to defund their police departments and makes them liable for damage if elected leaders “tell law enforcement to stand down,” according to the governor.

“If you harm others, particularly if you harm, a law enforcement officer during one of these violent assemblies, you’re going to jail,” DeSantis said.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Great day for the citizens of Florida. They no longer have to live in fear!

I just have to add, it made me moist when De Santis made mention of, "If you are a mayor of one of our cities and you allow this violence to happen? It will be on you!". That had to shake the sandy ground they are standing on quite a bit!
edit on 19-4-2021 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Every once in a while, Florida Man puts the gas station Zombie Face Eater herbs down and does something extremely useful

moving against "mob intimidation" is nice to see. Protesting is one thing, but interfering with a business' operations (preventing ingress/egress, for example) & intimidating owners/employees to get your way? None of that's actually a right, but thanks for playing

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Do they a big problem with riots in Florida?
When was the last time people rioted in Florida?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Why does it matter? Perhaps he as the governor witnessed the multiple people caught on video being surrounded and having their lives threatened in other cities where the police stood down to consider it important enough to include it in the law so that citizens of Florida don't become victims of radical domestic terrorists?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

If you harm others, particularly if you harm, a law enforcement officer during one of these violent assemblies, you’re going to jail,”

So it's ok to harm others, including law enforcement officers, under other circumstances in Florida?
edit on 4/19/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

How do you figure? Are you ever not so cynical and confrontational? (double negative) for your countless double standards.

This is preparation for the nonesense of violence and rioting that plagued like 1/3 of the country last summer and still today..

Do you condemn that at all? Lol

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   
imagine if places like Portland had this in the books.

the riots would have never been an issue.

sookiechacha said: Do they a big problem with riots in Florida?

there's no shortage of BLM types in places like Tampa and Miami. the state gummint there has made it clear they won't tolerate and problem prevented.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Folks have rioted all across the US and mayors and governors upheld them .
Looks like Florida may not take that sh^^
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Denying ignorance .
Why ?
It comes natural .

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Well, I can't find a single riot, or "protest gone wild" in Florida since 2003, over Elian Gonzales.

Seems like a lot of sabre rattling to me. Looks like DeSantis is taking an easy path of pandering to make him look tough on crime that is fairly non-existent in his state.

Maybe he's planning on enacting some suppressive laws that he knows is going to have people upset.
Or, maybe he's planning a run for President.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Really need to be careful what you wish for here.

Everyone is OG until it's their turn to protest and they get shot in the face.

Just consider that this mess might be a stitch up by TPTB.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

They're just setting precedent for other states like New York and Oregon and Minnesota to do 😎

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Florida borders Georgia and Stacey Abrahms is on a binge 😎

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You ever been to a inner city in Florida? Ybor city is pretty bad, as well as some parts of Jacksonville and Miami.....

I leave near Detroit; to say “crime” doesn’t happen in Florida is an ignorant statement.

Have an open mind to things that exist outside, your judgemental bubble.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

I leave near Detroit; to say “crime” doesn’t happen in Florida is an ignorant statement.

I didn't say that. I said that there hasn't been a riot since 2003.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Nice.

I can see why the evil left would be against this.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Anti rioting laws upset you

What a surprise

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Why are you running cover for those who are known for terrorizing innocent law abiding citizens? Why is it so uncomfortable for you to have some feelings for those who get harmed for just being in the wrong place? DeSantis is doing nothing more than finally being the adult in the room warning the spoiled rotten children that if they do A then B will be their just reward.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Why are you running cover for those who are known forWhy are you running cover for those who are known for terrorizing innocent law abiding citizens??

They haven't been terrorizing innocent law abiding citizens in Florida.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

How do you figure? Are you ever not so cynical and confrontational? (double negative) for your countless double standards.
How do I figure what? I asked a question about what DeSantis said.

Was it legal to do harm to someone, including law enforcement officers, before this law was enacted?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join