It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sol 3060 MARS CURIOSTY ANOMALIES March 2021

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MayRenee
Mods, you can remove my thread. It's not good enough to be here, it sucks, I suck for posting it, I should be strung up by my toenails and all my blood drained.

S&F you.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Well let's see, I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm not an expert? Maybe it's because like I said, it's some pictures that came up in my Facebook feed . I never claimed to be an expert , I'm absolutely not . I am a curious person who blew up some pictures and saw some weird #. Since I come to a weird website , I thought it'd be interesting to post said weird # . reply to: BrokenCircles

Don't be discouraged by debunking claims by the pseudo scientists here. They don't know. Nobody knows including NASA if they are all glitches, that's what they always say. It's a military policy to never confirm anything outside the accepted paradigm, since the Robertson panel, and the Condon report. And NASA is still governed by military authority, and the policy is still what it was after the decades old committees and reports.

Mars does have a history millions of years old and nobody can say there hasn't been life there with any authority. From looking at thousands of Mars images, there is definitely a history on that planet that doesn't fit the official story.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Your comments are appreciated. And yes, I see many anomalies, these , I thought, were pretty interesting, most specifically the last photo. It reminds me of a mining operation. reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Mods, you can remove my thread. It's not good enough to be here, it sucks, I suck for posting it, I should be strung up by my toenails and all my blood drained.
Nobody wants to string you up, but hopefully you now know that once you see something you think looks interesting from some source, the number one rule for evaluating anomalies is to find the best imagery possible which may take a few minutes of searching. Then see if the anomaly still shows up on the better quality image. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. If it does, it could make for an interesting discussion.

If you didn't know that before, hopefully, now you know.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Another tip: Don't judge an object by viewing it from one side.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Well let's see, I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm not an expert? Maybe it's because like I said, it's some pictures that came up in my Facebook feed . I never claimed to be an expert , I'm absolutely not . I am a curious person who blew up some pictures and saw some weird #. Since I come to a weird website , I thought it'd be interesting to post said weird # . reply to: BrokenCircles

I think that reply was meant for someone else?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Any thread that creates a possibility of some people learning something is a good thread, even if it's not what the member that created it thought.

In this case, like previously said by other members, I hope the people reading this thread learn (if they do not know that already) at least that:
1 - 360º panoramas are created by joining several photos;
2 - a video always loses quality, due to the increased compression;
3 - it's common for a panorama to have joining glitches, as the easiest way of creating them is by using special software the looks for the same features in adjoining images and superimposes those images using those common features as a reference;
4 - even when looking at a photo (less compressed than video), we should always look for the version closest to the original, as many times people that are not used to these things resave the images and further decrease the quality by applying more compression.

If you are really interested in searching for strange things in Mars photos, here are some suggestions:
a) Read the text accompanying the images. In this case we can see that the photos came from Sol 3057 up to Sol 3062. We also know that they came from the MastCam;
b) If, after identifying the original images, you see that they are more than one year old, then it's likely that you can find them on the Planetary Data System's Imaging Node, a place where they store all the images from the space missions. It may be a bit daunting, but it's the best place to find the original (really original) images. Unfortunately, in this case, the images aren't there yet, so no luck there. But we can always see them on the site posted by Arbitrageur, although not the "science versions". One good thing about NASA is that they publish the photos as soon as they get them, other space agencies when publish them after finishing their science work;
c) Learn about the camera's capacity's, so you can know their limitations and that way you can also know that, if what you are seeing is something at, for example, 300 metres, then you can get an idea of the object's size;
d) Learn about the tools available to work with the images. One good example is AlgorimancerPG, a program that, with a stereo pair of photos allows for some measurements, based on the camera's characteristics.

Keep on searching!

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Nobody knows including NASA if they are all glitches, that's what they always say.

For those that are used to work with software used to create panoramas (or used to doing it by hand, harder but possible) it's easy to see that the image in the opening post is the result of a stitching error.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MayRenee

No dude.
Screw them.
Keep doing u.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Good effort, not the greatest finds ever, but it's nice that someone is eagle eyeing the Curiosity photos, even now when we have those Perseverance photos...

The Perseverance photos are SO MUCH BETTER than the Curiosity photos, everyone can tell that 10 extra years of technological advancement went into Perseverance. Curiosity's measly little cams don't even come close to the quality coming out of Perseverance.

(This is what people on the Perseverance koolaid actually believe.)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thanks for all your comments, and encouragement. I am absolutely addicted to pouring over the images oh, but haven't taken my research much further than the NASA website. Some great suggestions are here in this thread now, and I will use them along with the links that have been posted. Again thank you guys! Just figuring out how to post those screenshots was an ordeal.
edit on 19-4-2021 by MayRenee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I wasn't putting you down with my comment, it's just how i felt by the title.

I too love looking for things in Mars photos, it is addictive. I also made a thread on something i found.

Keep up the good work

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
i miss the french guys mars anomaly threads. he could see some sh@@ buddy.
it was always rocks and his peculiar pareidolia.

then when other members started posting it was so funny.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Thank you.

originally posted by: Moohide

I wasn't putting you down with my comment, it's just how i felt by the title.

I too love looking for things in Mars photos, it is addictive. I also made a thread on something i found.

Keep up the good work

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Perhaps I missed something or seeing something that isn't there, but why is there no discussion or explanation for the remarkable looking vine or root-like structures angling down the side of the strata cliff in the left side of the image?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sundog1

Perhaps I missed something or seeing something that isn't there, but why is there no discussion or explanation for the remarkable looking vine or root-like structures angling down the side of the strata cliff in the left side of the image?

If you're talking about these stress cracks, they don't look anything like roots to me, they look like stress cracks.

mars.nasa.gov...

edit on 2021421 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

If you're talking about these stress cracks, they don't look anything like roots to me, they look like stress cracks.

I can see what Sundog can in the first photo of the OP, it's the really poor quality of photo that gives the false impression.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Some seem to have a solidity and shadows that do not follow the other stress lines.
Whatever, we won't know the truth until we are ready to be told some version of the truth of where UFOs originate.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sundog1
Whatever, we won't know the truth until we are ready to be told some version of the truth of where UFOs originate.
Some people thought UFOs might originate on Mars, back in the 1950's maybe, but nobody credible thinks there's complex life on Mars these days so I don't think it has anything to do with UFOs. There could be some simple life under the surface of Mars, but not the kind that would be making flying saucers.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Well, you could suggest that as Mars lost its atmosphere, its remaining inhabitants came to earth long ago. If you take an unbiased look at only Phobos and Deimos, you will find some astounding "impossible but true" details and physics that may make you wonder if there is a whole story there that has been hidden from us. The very existence alone of two small moons around Mars breaks the rules of basic physics. Additionally, Deimos is in almost a synchronous orbit with the planet but very slowly drifting outward. Millions of years ago, its orbit would have been exactly sync with the planet. -Nature doing a miraculous trick that we learned to do in the 1960s with our commo satellites or intelligent manipulation? Many of the rather hidden details of the two moons speak of sophistication beyond what we can do, but not beyond what we can imagine.

Factor in the reality of UFOs here on earth for a long time in the past, and it is easy to point to Mars as their original home.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join