It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on ending racism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RichardCorben

The Culture DEMANDS, financial compensation for Slavery, there are no Slaves they have passed away into history. Compensation for Decade upon decade upon decades of discrimination is quite another issue. I have a living memory of Whites-Only or Coloreds-Only signs in store windows. I have a living memory when Colored people, after midnight could not cross the rail-road tracks into the White side of town.

I remembered at, their Culture lived it.

Me too

First fist fight I ever got in was over it. Couldnt of been any more than 16 or 17 at this point in time

I remember it like it was yesterday. I hold the door open for an older black woman, individual who witnessed this didn't like it and said a few choice words. I didn't let him finish the sentence. I said right then and there you are gonna treat others with respect or you will always wonder who the next person to sock you in the mouth was going to be. Of course I was 6 foot 3 inches and 200+ pounds, best shape of my life at that time

The guy even had the nerve to call the Sheriff. Same I started under in fact. But I was in luck, our Sheriff at the time is married to a black woman. No complaint against me was filed. When I did my first interview he even brought it up to me, and we had a more frank conversation

Mom and Dad raised me better than that, even though myself and they did grow up in the segegrated and "separate but equal" times. Always have judged individuals by what they do and nothing more

There have always been igorant types. Racist types. What have you. Plenty of them out there. The trick is to not let them win and to stop amplifying their goofy ass message by bringing so much attention to it!!

You will never change some people's minds.
edit on 4/24/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I believe racism is more often fear, resentment, and perceived injustice.
This putrefies into hate.

People, no matter their intelligence are also inclined to group think, so others will like them

The Nazi, were # scared, Posers (at each other), who fell into blood lust, and mob madness. (A Pagan orgy of cruelty)
Weak of character, from broken spirits.
I suppose they were quite organized in their mobbing which is rather chilling, in the "Premeditation" department.
The shear savagery of what happened in Rwanda in '94, which was a little more "traditional madness"

All shades of characters can be Evil.

I don't believe any race of people are immuned to these feelings,
and they are not always misplaced either.

While human beings follow their base instincts, racism is here to stay.
I recon, pretending otherwise, is dangerous utopian thinking.
Justifying it's morality is not very insightful either.

On average, which at least 50% of us are,
people want the same simple things, no matter what color they are.

I think Left wing, accusatory politics, is very dangerous,
and misplaced in one of the 1st nations (Since biblical times) to realize the error of their ways.

1st vote I ever had, was to end undeniable institutional racism in South Africa, that was soul destroying for millions of people.
Now, I don't believe we were wrong, but perhaps just we were irresponsible.

"Everyone should be judged by the content of their character, not the color of their skin"- MLK,
seems like a good hill to die on.
There are principles that transcend politics or any man or woman's lives.
These can "come to a head" without rational human intention.

Simply put, give people (individually) the benefit of doubt, before pre-choosing to hate them.

I suspect that what is 'unacceptable" is always in a state of flux. which, within limits, is not all bad.
There must however be limits.

The 'declaration of human rights' , in principal, is a superior achievement to landing on the moon.

edit on 0000004085848America/Chicago25 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I was just thinking of starting a MudPit thread on racism and here you are a week ahead.

Racism is not just a black and white issue. Even with just blacks and whites, things go both ways especially with private conversations. It isn’t geographical. People say the south, but is just as prevalent in the north although you feel it more than hear it in he north.

And while it seems ingrained because even the most woke will say “so long as they keep it in their neighborhood” when speaking of burning, looting and riots. The truth is that racism/prejudice/bigotry is all taught. Because while the pause to examine a “stranger” is ingrained. The leap from checking to see if friendly or aggressive, to automatic rejection is a social influence. It started with the “don’t trust those people from the other cave because they....” stories and expanded from there.

I could write a book of personal experiences and observations but I’ll leave a funny one. “I’ve never seen a white guy eat pan fried squash, especially not one from up north.”

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Racists usually aren't shy and bashful. They tell you what they think. Of course it's usually in private, because they assume you are like them. So I thought of a way to end the mystery and stop the hate.

If a person identifies as "racist" they feel they are superior to others based on their skin color, or some other natural characteristic, encourage them to embrace it. Be proud of who you are. But wear a hat. If you are a racist, be a damn good one. And let others know how good you are at it. a hat with a "burning cross" on it would do nicely. that or a noose. Just a universal symbol so everyone who sees it will immediately recognize it. The benefit will be twofold. Racists will be able to identify others of like mind, and they can congregate, tell jokes about how "everyone should own one" or something equally as amusing, while the rest of the world can go on about their lives, doing normal things and no longer worrying that because they have white skin, they are assumed to be racist or privileged. Black folk who are racist can have their hats as well, and congregate with other like minded people.

This isn't segregation, it's allowing communities to be built, and people who think alike to be together. We as a society have slipped far away from were we were on course to go. We were likely one generation away from making racism such an outlandish thing that anyone who thought that way would be ostracized, ridiculed, and shamed into hiding. A society like that would make those who were racist look silly and likely either change their views or hide away so they weren't found out. (both ways are a win for the rest of the world)

But we need the MSM to do their part. If they see a crime and immediately want to pull the race card, they have to first verify if the perp had his hat on. If he did, and was a self admitted racist, then the news wouldn't be anything earth shattering, just another mundane story of a racist doing racist things. We could get back to looking at things objectively, and looking past skin color to understand why someone did something bad.

we need to stop devolving as a group. Momentum needs to be gained in moving forward, and away from the idea that racism is everywhere and in everyone. it just isn't. I know, the MSM will have to find a new bogyman to blame for everything, but they will bounce back quick. They always do. So be proud of who and what you are. Don't hide it away, show the world. Be you.

This is why the term "institutional racism" was coined. Guilt by association. It's a logical fallacy, but still gets plenty of traction.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

YOU GO NAKED !

that will really show them all how much you hate them

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

A cloaking device?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I don't believe you can ever end racism because humans stay with people who are like them and shun anything different.
I am not saying people of different colors and even religions can't get along or even be friends but down deep people usually feel more comfortable around their own kind.

You can make laws to try to even the playing field but in the end you can't legislate morality.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:14 AM
link   
You are racist if you choose black. As long as you choose a color, you are racist.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Is not about race, is about behavior. Can't fool the eyes what they can clearly see.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Wear a hat? So some ignorant fool can assault you? No thanks. Thats about as stupid as wearing a shirt that says "white people deserve to exist" or some other variation of those 14 evil insane words that imply whites deserve any sort of future.

Also that won't solve anything bc the minorities will still say every white person is racist. LoL
edit on 5/2/2021 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

Also, not all racists think they are superior. You do know its racist just to say the races are different? Not exactly equal in every way? And consider a loving father of any race who simply Prefers, doesn't demand but Prefers his daughter to date within her race so his heritage and way of life have a chance of being passed down to his grandkids, and not for any reasons of superiority, and if she chooses someone else he's cool with it, maybe it takes a Little longer to warm up to him but he accepts him. Thats racism. That initial preference, was racism. It wasn't based on any feelings of superiority. But it was definitely racist.
Many such examples I could give.

If you Only mean outspoken racists they already make themselves known and if you remove them everyone else is still suspect of being a "secret racist" who smiles at minorities every day and always helps them with extra enthusiasm thinking they're making a difference by showing them they're "one of the good ones", but is actually just waiting for a chance when nobody is looking to try to kill one or write racial slurs on the bathroom walls, or find some way to oppress them while uplifting whites. Even if you have a black wife, youre just doing that so you can live out your fantasies of enslaving blacks. Everytime you have sex its rape. Shes just too afraid to say no and even if she wants it its bc shes under the influence of some kind of racial Stockholm Syndrome and youre a sick twisted bastard for taking advantage of that for your own sick desires to own a black sex slave.

Stop imagining that youre gonna be seen as innocent. Even those who marched beside BLM were humiliated with "whites GTFO" or hospitalized by them. One cop marched over 100 miles with them by their side and they finally turned on him and beat the hell out of him until he was rescued.

Stop thinking youre gonna prove you're not racist. Its embarrassing.
edit on 5/2/2021 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RichardCorben

Thats nice. I have memory of "No whites allowed" dozen(s?) of times in just the last 5 years. Save the sob story for someone who ISNT being ethnically cleansed.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: IAMTAT

What do I wear if I hate everybody?

black

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join