It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on ending racism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
a reply to: network dude
I've got an even quicker method to end racism.

Dismantle the corporate mainstream media monopolies and repeal section 230.

BOOM. All of a sudden you'll wonder where all the propaganda towards hating your neighbor went.

I've got an asshole neighbor who's white. Problem is that I'm white too. Not sure what my racism options are.

Is your neighbor Irish or French?🙄

*trigger phrase*

"It's ok, I'm of Irish French German descent. So it's ok for me to say for me/us to say.🤗🙄

That's what makes it worse - I'm English/Irish/Scottish and his last name starts with an O'____. I still hate him though so it's gotta be racism right?

No it's gotta be someone being a bit of a ________(place a reason here)

edit on 19-4-2021 by Bigburgh because: Imma good boy... 🤠

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: JAGStorm

I have dated Asian women...as well as women from all races and various cultures.

As a white man...I have never experienced any Asian racism towards me.
I have experienced black racism towards me...but never from any black women.

Just because you didn't experience it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
I guarantee at some point in your life an Asian person has called you a "white devil". You might not have understood them, and they might have been smiling at you when they said it.
They probably aren't going to say things to your face.
I was commenting on what people say behind closed doors or when the target of the racism isn't there.
Me being of mixed race, I hear these things from both sides and it still shocks me sometimes.

Of course it's usually in private

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Maybe it's my years, but when I am forced into a group where everyone is forced to mingle, I am the person who sits/stands there and observe/listen. I single out first the ones who are automatically trying to get everyone elses attention and they are the easy ones to take off the list of those I might trust because they are narcissists and best avoided. Secondly, I watch those who gravitate towards them and delete those from the list of possibly trusted.

Then I realize those left are most likely doing the same thing I am doing and will attempt to mingle with them. Notice how I never brought up skin color but behavior?
edit on 19-4-2021 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

We can never end racism. For that matter, we can never end sexism, ageism, religious persecution.

We will always have something we hate, despise, debase because humanity as a whole are small, insecure mammals with poor judgement skills.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well it seems very diverse when you look at congress, Obama because president so can't be to many racists in the US unless that was because of dominion machines! Look at the present VP and so on.

I have been looking at old movies and found those also are extremely diverse in colors of people represented, we have been led to believe people are racists but I don't think it is that, the division is only in individuals in rude behavior and separation of cultures keeping to themselves and not wanting to mix.
edit on 19-4-2021 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I have dated Asian women...as well as women from all races and various cultures.

Just because you didn't experience it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
I guarantee at some point in your life an Asian person has called you a "white devil". You might not have understood them, and they might have been smiling at you when they said it.
They probably aren't going to say things to your face.
I was commenting on what people say behind closed doors or when the target of the racism isn't there.
Me being of mixed race, I hear these things from both sides and it still shocks me sometimes.

Of course it's usually in private

What the cook when your in the Chinese restaurant?

Really people say things about their own Children and Parents "behind closed doors" all the time, it is meaningless!
We love them just the same but wow my son wears weird shirts and my daughter jeans are to tight!

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

LOL, that's where I got the idea for a hat. The Derp army provides good ideas from time to time.

I figured and took the initiative for them. The problem with racist in general is that it is like they are Bigfoot, we say they are all over the place but no one can really point them out. Its like there is one behind every tree but you can't see them, and that is the magic of the narrative.

When I ask I get something like "the Proud Boys" or they say Charlottesville like it answers all questions on the subject. This is about the best they can do as "examples". When I say the Proud Boys are actually a mix race organization I get a your lying look...lol.

As to Charlottesville it actually is a great example of just how few these ass clowns are actually out there. We need to remember this was a BIG rally bringing these white supremist together from all over the country, and in the end less than 100 showed up.

The reality is that the only people who a racist are the ones who think about it everyday as part of their lives....

edit on 19-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We can never end racism. For that matter, we can never end sexism, ageism, religious persecution.

The biggest problem is that some people use such as wide brush to describe each that just about any action can then be labeled. We use these terms way to much....

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I honestly don't think it's a racial issue. It's a cultural one. There are without a doubt characteristics, morals, ethics, values and tenets of cultures that can be unsettling and disruptive to other cultures.

It's been said ad nauseam that 'if you can't beat em, join em'. Well, what if I don't approve of those cultural norms that other cultures may have?

Does that make me racist, and is that really being intolerant???

I'll say emphatically, no.

It's the little things that lead to stereotypes that in turn morph into disdain.

The left, and any other person playing victim at this point, wants to make it about skin color. That way the culture is never an issue when that's exactly the main problem.

edit on 4/19/2021 by EternalShadow because: correction

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Easiest way is to stop the MSM from stirring up bull# for the political Parti(s) 🤣

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I guarantee at some point in your life an Asian person has called you a "white devil".

Oh...that.
I thought that was just 'pillow talk'.

Seriously....this surprises me.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I dated and got engaged to a Korean lady (we remain good friends to this day)
Her mother and grandma (eomeoni & halmeoni) came from korea. Halmeoni only spoke Korean.

Being over at their home (practically all day every day). I started picking up on routine phrases....
They at the time I still wore a size 29inch waist at 6ft 1inch would comment on my daesang I believe it was. My response was always gamsahabnida(thank you). Gee Sun ( mom ), was a master of food as they own a popular restaurant here... dear lord I gained some weight. I made an effort to be able to communicate with them. I truly miss the big family which included non family members that were strongly considered family. It was nothing to them and I to put Neal (of the Philippines) and myself in charge with 6 kids a peice kids under 12 years of age, and take them to a movie or my favorite... live action Scooby-Doo performance/Show. Oh the VELMA actor😚

I've dated many ladies of non white ethnicity. Thankfully I'm older and single now. (Had an epiphany).

What was my point????

Ah yes, learn a language so if someone is talking about you in another language... you can humorously play along. Some of my siblings out west took up Spanish and Mandarin.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Ah yes, learn a language so if someone is talking about you in another language... you can humorously play along. Some of my siblings out west took up Spanish and Mandarin.

YES... I speak French. I was at Epcot and I was in charge of getting the desserts for the group.
The two workers were French exchange students. I got 8 desserts and they said a rude comment in French (something about who needs that much sugar). They
were shocked when they realized I could understand them.

PS.. Very few can handle a Korean Lady!!

My husband is a saint!

edit on 19-4-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Bigburgh

YES... I speak French. I was at Epcot and I was in charge of getting the desserts for the group.
The two workers were French exchange students. I got 8 desserts and they said a rude comment in French (something about who needs that much sugar). They
were shocked when they realized I could understand them.

PS.. Very few can handle a Korean Lady!!

My husband is a saint!

I would've loved to have watched you take down those two French surrender monkeys.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I learned Italian as a kid so I knew what my family was saying about me and Spanish as an adult so I knew what the kitchen help was saying about me.

It was all pretty awful stuff....

edit on 19-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I learned Italian as a kid so I knew what my family was saying about and Spanish as an adult so I knew what the kitchen help was saying about me.

I was wondering who those Mexicans we were burying outside of Vegas were.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I would've loved to have watched you take down those two French surrender monkeys.

They were kids so I wasn't too hard on them. If they were adults I would have told them to
thank me that I didn't have to talk to them in German.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

They were kids so I wasn't too hard on them. If they were adults I would have told them to
thank me that I didn't have to talk to them in German.

If you told them off in German they would've just surrendered all their desserts to you.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Did they ever find out you could understand them?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Did they ever find out you could understand them?

Of course. It didn't stop them though, particularly my family.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join