It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on ending racism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Be less white, but don't be like anyone else either because that's stealing their culture. Not sure what that leaves ... dead?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
A while back, the wife and I took a ferry boat to an island just off the Gulf Coast with a beautiful beach, which is something most of the Gulf coast is not really known for.

While we were boarding the ferry to the island, a few school buses pulled up, and a bunch of young black people got off them and loaded onto the ferry as well. I could'nt tell if they were with a church or a school but I'm assuming it was some kind of field trip or something.

Anyway, it was about a 20-30 minute ferry ride and when we got to the island and unloaded, all of the black people went to one side of the beach, all of the white people were on the other. Now that's not to say people were being stand off-ish or rude. People were mingling and talking, but for the most part, everyone kinda stuck to their own.

Now, there were no signs saying blacks over here, whites over here......there was nobody forcing people to segregate themselves, it just sort of happened that way.

So why is that? Why did that happen like that? Was everyone racist?

People throw that word around so much and it makes me sick. It's a great way for people to virtue signal when they "call out" racism, or like the OP says, ending racism. Well how do you go about ending something so abstract and vague?

Maybe, just maybe..... humans have always sucked and always will to some degree or other.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Nyiah

They bitch and moan, air grievances, but do and offer nothing to solve jack #, and have the arrogant audacity to belittle folks who try to find tangible solutions with merit.

Agreed,
But I have no solution for it.
All I can do is to personally be responsible for my actions. Guide my nieces and nephews on the topic when appropriate (they're mix race of African-American and Armenian Americans). Don't get me wrong, if an Ignorant individual comes after me... I might make light of the situation in my head.

it's the best you can do, because it's the best way of going about it. We can still debate other ways til pigs grow wings and fly (an A for effort there) But these dipfeces know full well they're being licked by one of the world's most simple methods they fail at:

Just be nice.

So easy, so simple, so far beyond the average SJW race baiter. That IS being the change one demands to see in others, except those Others cannot be bothered to make the effort. No A's for them.
edit on 4/19/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
a reply to: network dude
I've got an even quicker method to end racism.

Dismantle the corporate mainstream media monopolies and repeal section 230.

BOOM. All of a sudden you'll wonder where all the propaganda towards hating your neighbor went.

Anyone who understands 230 will know exactly where it went. It was censored off the internet. It’d be hilarious if it wasn’t so serious when right wingers call for blanket censorship for everyone because a politician told them it’s a good thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

BOOM. All of a sudden you'll wonder where all the propaganda towards hating your neighbor went.

I've got an asshole neighbor who's white. Problem is that I'm white too. Not sure what my racism options are.

Is your neighbor Irish or French?🙄

*trigger phrase*

"It's ok, I'm of Irish French German descent. So it's ok for me/us to say.🤗🙄
edit on 19-4-2021 by Bigburgh because: DID I LEAVE THE IRON ON?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So I can where my White Lives Matter shirt with no fear?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Just be nice.

So easy, so simple, 

This☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻

edit on 19-4-2021 by Bigburgh because: To show quoted text

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I agree 100%. But you can clearly see that people use zero discernment when consuming media. And MSM is well aware of this. That's predatory. Yes, everyone individually determines their own fate, but
would you hand a molotov cocktail to someone who's pissed off?

Oh, well, it's not the media's fault if they get you wound up, it's your fault.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: underpass61

I've got an asshole neighbor who's white. Problem is that I'm white too. Not sure what my racism options are.

Is your neighbor Irish or French?🙄

*trigger phrase*

"It's ok, I'm of Irish French German descent. So it's ok for me to say for me/us to say.🤗🙄

That's what makes it worse - I'm English/Irish/Scottish and his last name starts with an O'____. I still hate him though so it's gotta be racism right?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: XL5
We are not born racist, we learn it at home AND dealing with others directly or indirectly. You could remove babies from parents and place them in a town covered by a large dome, remove all past media and the internet and let advanced robots take care of them. It might work but if it failed we would learn alot, it would also be very dystopian. Lately, people have lost what the real meaning of racism is and are using ignorance to allow them self to hate others.

That said, if every one was the same color and a large group of people acted in a hated way, there wouldn't be an easy way to identify the threat. After all, racism that was not taught by parent or media is threat identifying based on easy to recognize visuals. Just like you avoid some snakes but not all snakes. Could you imagine if all bullies were pink but not all pink people were bullies?

I don't think it can ever end, hate will always exist as long as we are different. It is all about how we deal with the hate.

you are exactly right in that racism is taught. But by the same token, it can be taught to be a negative trait as well. Which is what I felt like we as a society were moving towards. That's not to say I think we were about to beat it, just that the general attitude was that if you were racist, you were an idiot, if you are good with that, super, if not, try not to be a racist.

With the way things seem much closer to "clown world" then they do "real world", it's hard to imagine what the fix is. I believe the MSM is acting on orders to divide us as best they can. They use race, income, location, and any other variable factor they can find. I don't watch news, I read online, but I get my share of propaganda just the same. And unpluging is becoming less of an option with how digital we have become.

I'm not sure how to reverse the current course, but I think most of us here realize it needs a course correction. Maybe someone will have a realistic idea that takes hold. I can only do my part and teach my grandkids the same things I was taught. Which is remarkable similar to the popular stance here. Don't judge folks on their appearance, judge then on their content. We have no idea who is behind the avatar, unless we are told, and even then it may be a lie, so you have to use other means to determine if the person is a real life idiot, or a normal person. Amazingly enough, the idiots are happy to wave a rather large flag to identify themselves. That part is nice.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
The sad part:
Many of the most Racist people in America will never admit they are racist. Many of them are on the left and disguised as SJWs "fighting to end racism".
They think minorities are less and need a helping hand.
They don't think minorities can vote or use the internet without someone to help them.
They are racist. They choose not to see it but they are.
And if you don't agree with them, that minorities are inferior, they will consider you a racist and never admit it of themselves.

I think the honest issue is they don't know they are the racist ones. They think they are being "champions for others", while they tell everyone black folk are too stupid to get ID to vote or something equally racist.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Racists usually aren't shy and bashful. They tell you what they think. Of course it's usually in private, because they assume you are like them.

Sometimes they put it up on the Internet too ... for laffs . Not shy or bashful about it at all. It's kind'a like these late night talk show hosts that bash other people over 'the way that they are'. Put a certain spin on it and it appeals to the target audience.

I remember a while back there was a fella calling himself The Amazing Racist. He had several hilarious videos of himself baiting minorities. What I found amusing was their inability to respond. It was almost like they'd never been exposed to a racist first-hand before. Think about it.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
you cant end it, people will always separate into groups and be suspicious of people not like themselves. its ingrained into us as a survival instinct and has served the animal kingdom well for millions of years.

diversity is an illusion and only lasts till every group has been absorbed and overtaken by one group but even then variations will appear and it'll start all over again. because life prioritizes itself no matter what in most cases and pack behavior is all about survival.

i mean what reason do people have to stop being racist? i mean good for you to not be but so what? all you can do is lecture others about your own beliefs but again, so what? people will only change if they were already inclined towards your way of thinking already and if they actually cared for strangers, most people dont give a damn about anything outside of their personal surroundings.

many say good things but its mostly because their words support their ambitions and they likely dont believe their own words or even know what they believe.
edit on 19-4-2021 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Be proud of who you are. But wear a hat. If you are a racist, be a damn good one. And let others know how good you are at it.

3 pages and no one said this yet...boy some of you liberals are slowing down..

A hat has already been used to identify the racist...

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I have dated Asian women...as well as women from all races and various cultures.

As a white man...I have never experienced any Asian racism towards me.
I have experienced black racism towards me...but never from any black women.
edit on 19-4-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Every openly racist person I know are black and say racist things about white people. Usually in a joking manner, but I consider it racist since they wouldn’t like the racist jokes going the other way.
edit on 19-4-2021 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Easiest way to end racism,is take out all mentions of seperate races out of old science books(pre 60s study finding race isnt anything but a social construct) and all government papers. The Only "race" is humanity.

We were doing pretty good until 2012...
edit on 19-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Be proud of who you are. But wear a hat. If you are a racist, be a damn good one. And let others know how good you are at it.

3 pages and no one said this yet...boy some of you liberals are slowing down..

A hat has already been used to identify the racist...

LOL, that's where I got the idea for a hat. The Derp army provides good ideas from time to time.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I have dated Asian women...as well as women from all races and various cultures.

As a white man...I have never experienced any Asian racism towards me...on the contrary.
I have experienced black racism towards me...but never from any black women I was seeing...only the black men.

Asians are kind of different, they are not really racist, just supremist as a culture, but at the individual level not so much.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

its not just a social construct, perfect example is what happens when a human touches a wild animal and it goes anywhere near their mother or other pack member or when one animal behaves differently than the rest of the pack.

in the first case they are killed, in the second case they get viciously bullied by everyone and are killed if they fight back. same reason all pack predators hunt, because the prey aren't their own kind therefore they are food.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join