It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on ending racism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

first off racism is not limited by people who think they are better than others, that is just one branch of racism. it can also be those that feel inferior to others. or that because one group does better than others, that it's due to racism. it can even be as simple as the thought that one other group (not your group necessarily), is better than another group.

and the fact is that you can NEVER actually get rid of racism. since bias is a part of being human, actually of being alive, since even animals also have bias. do you prefer a Ford, Chrysler GM, or Toyota, or any other brand of car and that other or at least some other brands suck? guess what, that is very much the exact same as racism. and just like racism has the same causes. some may be learned from family and friends. some may be learned through experience, such as that POS car you had that was nothing but problems. possibly even several cars with issues from that company. while every car from another company has been great.

so while we will never get rid of racism, then we must learn to deal with it. and the first step is to get rid of all laws and policies that create hate and racism. and in fact make everyone actually equal. no more racial (or other bias based), quotas, or acceptances for higher education. make all applicants be accepted on grades and tests. like everyone applying for say med school has to write exams to get in (such as some countries do, starting in primary school), where everyone is accepted or rejected based on actual aptitude. stop things like companies promoting people based on things like race and sex, so they don't look racist or sexist. which often means the worst get promoted because they fill a prejudiced "box".

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes of course it begins at home, but theres no way you can deny that the MSM and big tech social media platforms haven't deliberately perpetuated racial divisions increasingly over the past 10 years.

The major push started in the wake of occupy wall street because it scared the 1%. So who protects wall street, big pharma, etc?? The corporate media.
Its FAR easier to divide the 99% based on race and other factors that people have no control over than it is to deal with a unified backlash against the rich getting richer.

But you know this already, right?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
Yes of course it begins at home, but theres no way you can deny that the MSM and big tech social media platforms haven't deliberately perpetuated racial divisions increasingly over the past 10 years.

This is the old 'devil made me do it' argument. People need to take responsibility for their own abhorrent behavior.

If someone was dub enough to tell me that social media helps make them racist I'd laugh at that person, you go to social media (and other outlets) for the bias confirmation of your particular belief.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That's what I keep saying, stop teaching about slavery. At least dont teach about it in grade school save it for senior year or college.

I bet it would go a long way towards ending prejudices against blacks.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

Ah one would think that, but we live in a day and age where the personal habits that lead to success in those ways have been deemed marks of "white supremacist culture" so now every successful person of every color and creed can be a white supremacist too!

edit on 19-4-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

I had to take a bias training at work, and it discussed regional bias. How you could give preferential treatment or not based on the region of the world, or even country, that someone was in. I asked how that fit in with our regional based model of providing services (e.g., I live in the southeast and only work with clients in the southeast) fit with trying to remove that regional bias. The question was ignored and I probably got put on a list somewhere.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

your threads are always good for a laugh

just... not in the way you think

How would you go about efforts to end racism? Serious question and not a laughable joke.
Judging people over something that is biologically impossible for them to change is deleterious to societies in total.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This is the old 'devil made me do it' argument. People need to take responsibility for their own abhorrent behavior.

I agree 100%. But you can clearly see that people use zero discernment when consuming media. And MSM is well aware of this. That's predatory. Yes, everyone individually determines their own fate, but
would you hand a molotov cocktail to someone who's pissed off?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Easiest way to end racism,is take out all mentions of seperate races out of old science books(pre 60s study finding race isnt anything but a social construct) and all government papers. The Only "race" is humanity.

It's not a different race, it's a different breed. Nobody can deny that people from different areas look completely different for obvious reasons. I want to embrace that and not pretend we all look like factory dolls [when we are not!].
Then different breeds of humans have absolutely different cultures, which they love, feel safe with and want to keep. Yes even Europeans.
There is a difference between enjoying differences and wanting to explore and keep them, or being just wanting to kill everyone who has darker skin.

Real racism will never end, it's ingrained in humans and animals to not trust the unknown. Thinking you are better than others is what most people do. I am richer, I have a better car, wife, job. I am better looking, cleverer etc than XYZ. We don't mind that, but when it come to skin colour, it's a no go.

If we just stopped calling everyone a racist just for dumb reasons, then racism would end as much as it can. I have never been racist before and yet as the years have gone by, the world has turned me into one without even asking.
Now I am one according to the eternally flapping snowflakes.

Last time I looked all white western countries were the least racist places anywhere in the world. It's almost as if they take one truth and totally tell you the opposite.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
For those saying not to talk about it...

It's an elephant still in the room unfortunately. I'm ok with not talking about it, so long as it's becomes an archaic jaded topic.

But as of Monday April 19th 2021: not openly talking about it when needed...
That would force the topic into hiding, it would fester even worse. The topic of slavery did happen regardless, so did The Trail of Tears. We can not ignore real history, and it needs taught so we don't go back to the old mindset.

I'm a white middle age X Y that was picked on for having a handicap. Been picked on by somebody of every ethnicity, culture social class there is. Nobody talking about that.πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜

edit on 19-4-2021 by Bigburgh because: Hi mom!πŸ™ŒπŸ‘‹

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Of course it's usually in private, because they assume you are like them. So I thought of a way to end the mystery and stop the hate.

This just struck a chord with me......................................

So I'm Asian American... I have both Asian and European/white heritage, but I consider myself 100% American.
This has been very interesting. I've had people assume that I hate white people because I look Asian, them not knowing that I am actually white. That my dad is white, that all my kids look white. It totally ticks me off.

I've had people say very racist things against black people to me because they see me as white enough and that I'm one of "them". Some of the things I've heard were quite shocking.

Being Asian American, it has solidified the fact that people of all sorts have the capacity to be really racist.

edit on 19-4-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: yuppa

Easiest way to end racism,is take out all mentions of seperate races out of old science books(pre 60s study finding race isnt anything but a social construct) and all government papers. The Only "race" is humanity.

It's not a different race, it's a different breed. Nobody can deny that people from different areas look completely different for obvious reasons. I want to embrace that and not pretend we all look like factory dolls [when we are not!].
Then different breeds of humans have absolutely different cultures, which they love, feel safe with and want to keep. Yes even Europeans.
There is a difference between enjoying differences and wanting to explore and keep them, or being just wanting to kill everyone who has darker skin.

Real racism will never end, it's ingrained in humans and animals to not trust the unknown. Thinking you are better than others is what most people do. I am richer, I have a better car, wife, job. I am better looking, cleverer etc than XYZ. We don't mind that, but when it come to skin colour, it's a no go.

If we just stopped calling everyone a racist just for dumb reasons, then racism would end as much as it can. I have never been racist before and yet as the years have gone by, the world has turned me into one without even asking.
Now I am one according to the eternally flapping snowflakes.

Last time I looked all white western countries were the least racist places anywhere in the world. It's almost as if they take one truth and totally tell you the opposite.

what are white western countries?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I've got an even quicker method to end racism.

Dismantle the corporate mainstream media monopolies and repeal section 230.

BOOM. All of a sudden you'll wonder where all the propaganda towards hating your neighbor went.

I've got an asshole neighbor who's white. Problem is that I'm white too. Not sure what my racism options are.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I think the crux of the matter is those who avoid discussion, mock the tries, and run off like wusses have ONE thing in common that is a character flaw. Actually, scratch that, it's two issues that prevent them from being truly useful in a solution context:

Cowardice, and laziness.

They bitch and moan, air grievances, but do and offer nothing to solve jack #, and have the arrogant audacity to belittle folks who try to find tangible solutions with merit.

If we're going to have real discussions as we have many times before on here, you do have to actively ignore the limp-wrist hecklers. They're of little use to anyone with a real goal.

This isn't the first open discussion on ATS, we've traipsed down this one before more than once on here. Ever the realist, considering the propaganda atmosphere of past year planet-wide, the thread has the potential to be one with the most....ambulatory Lego pieces littering the conversation's path.
edit on 4/19/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

I've got an even quicker method to end racism.

Dismantle the corporate mainstream media monopolies and repeal section 230.

BOOM. All of a sudden you'll wonder where all the propaganda towards hating your neighbor went.

I've got an asshole neighbor who's white. Problem is that I'm white too. Not sure what my racism options are.

Damn son. It's like you're left with reenacting European royalty spats or something.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The total destruction of all main stream media companies would go a long way towards ending racism. Without the MSM telling the world how much everyone hates everyone, people could go back to loving and caring for each other.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The total destruction of all main stream media companies would go a long way towards ending racism. Without the MSM telling the world how much everyone hates everyone, people could go back to loving and caring for each other.

it would. So would removing all legal carte blanches for legal propaganda (thanks, OBAMA)

They know how to fuel fires. Mostly peaceful this, voice of the broken that, unspecified race of criminal when everyone else is immediately speculated on right down to the elementary school attended, etc.

That crap doesn't help. It's bordering on the Ultimate "Fire!" yell in a primed & paranoid theater.
edit on 4/19/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
We are not born racist, we learn it at home AND dealing with others directly or indirectly. You could remove babies from parents and place them in a town covered by a large dome, remove all past media and the internet and let advanced robots take care of them. It might work but if it failed we would learn alot, it would also be very dystopian. Lately, people have lost what the real meaning of racism is and are using ignorance to allow them self to hate others.

That said, if every one was the same color and a large group of people acted in a hated way, there wouldn't be an easy way to identify the threat. After all, racism that was not taught by parent or media is threat identifying based on easy to recognize visuals. Just like you avoid some snakes but not all snakes. Could you imagine if all bullies were pink but not all pink people were bullies?

I don't think it can ever end, hate will always exist as long as we are different. It is all about how we deal with the hate.
edit on 19-4-2021 by XL5 because: spilling

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The sad part:
Many of the most Racist people in America will never admit they are racist. Many of them are on the left and disguised as SJWs "fighting to end racism".
They think minorities are less and need a helping hand.
They don't think minorities can vote or use the internet without someone to help them.
They are racist. They choose not to see it but they are.
And if you don't agree with them, that minorities are inferior, they will consider you a racist and never admit it of themselves.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

They bitch and moan, air grievances, but do and offer nothing to solve jack #, and have the arrogant audacity to belittle folks who try to find tangible solutions with merit.

Agreed,
But I have no solution for it.
All I can do is to personally be responsible for my actions. Guide my nieces and nephews on the topic when appropriate (they're mix race of African-American and Armenian Americans). Don't get me wrong, if an Ignorant individual comes after me... I might make light of the situation in my head.

Edit: Star for your post btw😊
edit on 19-4-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join