It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The futility of crying over Russia's buildup

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Stop it.

Stop your whining dems. Thanks to your diversity coordinators and pumping our soldiers full of the opposite sexes hormones, you've made our military weak.

Your persecution of soldiers for merely killing the enemy has created inaction and uncertainty in the minds of once-warriors.

Youve damaged our capacity to make war and bring death to the shores of all enemies foreign and domestic

So thanks to you, we can not meaningfully oppose Russias expansion or buildup in the Arctic nor can we match the buildup on their Southerm border.

Again, Russia will eat our lunch.

Better hope real countries like Israel step up, first to wipe out Iran and then to protect the formerly great US from the Russians

Unless we go nuclear, which we all know liberals dont have the stones for

So thanks, thanks a lot. But at least our soldiers can put on dresses and pretend to be women. Nice one. The guys think theyre gals, and the gals think they are guys. Confusing huh...when soldiers should be worried about KILLING and nothing more

This is why nobody wants or needs your "help"

# off

edit on 4/18/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You think the Russians are worried about whether every race/sex/religion "feels" included or how they "feel" about anything?

God no.

Theyre strong and were sick from within. We are S.C.R.E.W.E.D

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The tiny percentage of trans in the U.S military (And yes, it's a tiny fraction) Leads me to believe that you're just a bigot.
You hate gay folks? Move to Russia. You obviously adore them.
USA could clean Russias ass in a non nuclear war.
Sorry to burst your "I hate gheys and Love Putin" bubble. Funny how many people love the "scum bag" in the Kremlin.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The decline in quality soldiering began in the UK with the advent of banning corporal (physical) punishment in school's, this created a lack of quality disciplined young recruit's and created a generation of spoiled weak lacking discipline young men.

Then they started on the army, yes bullying is bad but you NEED discipline in the armed forces.

I am not sure what happened in the US but over here our soldiers USED to be the best in the world, called that by a US general in the first Gulf War and then by the time of the Second Gulf war they had deteriorated so far a second US general regarded them as not so good any more.

Now it is easy to understand why we over in the UK stopped spanking in School, stopped the Cane (rod) and banned rapping across the knuckles, palm's or elsewhere because there were a lot of perverted teachers that used to get there kick's out of spanking children's behinds (which to be frank they should never have done anyway the palm's and knuckles was more than enough).

But the cost of our liberal anti abuse policy no matter how justified it was is that we have ended up with generations now of Kid's that have NO respect whatsoever for there elders, this translates in military life to them lacking respect for the higher rank's and being weak and incompetent soldiers compared to there forebears though since the issue was identified the military has done it's best to rectify the issue.

The Russians are not the Biggest threat, the Ukraine is really there's anyway and I reckon we should butt out and the only reason for wanting anything to do with that is about OIL and GAS and regional control and most of that is actually Germany behind the scenes that want that.

China is a far bigger concern or if we are looking at Russia we should watch the Baltic states as Russia REALLY want's them back under it's thumb despite them in reality unlike the Ukraine NOT being really Russia's at all, the Ukraine Build up may actually be a feint to distract from this other region and it is this other region that concern's me far more though I hope I am wrong as then I would have to reassess my opinion of Russia and its intentions despite the fact I am not a lover of those three small nations that were very Pro Nazi in WW2.

Hey by the way I am no fan or enemy of trans anything BUT you know those old Spartan's were a bunch of kiddie fiddlers, each Spartan had an old man a former Spartan warrior as his mentor and it was common for them to be used in this way as they grew up, they would even have that same old man given two boy's and eventually they would have to fight one another, pretty damned brutal but they were worse than you can imagine and perhaps Rome did the world a favour when it raised Sparta to the ground and salted the earth though they later re-founded it as a Roman colonial city much as they had earlier with Carthage.

A lot of those old soldiers were bent as a two bob note, also the greatest navy the world ever knew before the modern Era the Royal navy was also known as Rum, Sea and Sodomy, not a nice thought and pity all those boy's that ran off to sea but then our Elite over here in the UK mostly went to public school and that kind of behaviour was common among them as well.

I would rather have the men David chose the ones that drank from there cupped hand's than the men that drank like animal's with there heads in the stream BUT we live in the world we live in and if they are willing to lay down there lives for YOU, YOUR NATION, YOUR FAMILY does there persuasion (as long as they are not kiddie fiddlers) matter that much outside of our religious belief's and personal morality, I do not agree with them but I still see they can be fantastic soldiers.

edit on 18-4-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I think being stretched thin across multiple fronts, and our young being discouraged from joining because they don't want to fight other people's wars is far more detrimental than the miniscule amount of people who seek hormones.

People get so worked up over pundit talking points they put on blinders and ignore other issues.

That said, I still doubt Russia could eat our lunch in a conventional conflict... But I don't see any reason to find out.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Again, Russia will eat our lunch.

Russia is paint on rust, always has been. California, that failed liberal hell hole you guys always talk about has a larger GDP than the whole of Russia.

Which is why they’ve invested so much in information warfare. It isn’t a coincidence that you guys constantly peddle Russian state media opinions.

Find something valid to be angry about and not just reeeeeeee at everything.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Stretched is a bit of a stretch...

Considering most war games the US partakes in with it's allies it tends to be the biggest active player. I mean in the past the US military partook in some of the greatest peace time projects known to man. It still does but nothing on the scale of building the roads of Rome or the Panama canal.

Maybe that's an issue?

Russia wouldn't be able to replace hardware fast enough in a major conflict. They've projected the idealism of a nuclear threat as a defence too so it's not like anyone would ever get the chance to test their productive capabilities.

I honestly don't get the love for Russia. Putin is a dictator and I hear the "but Ukraine is Russian anyways" talking point a lot too. It's not dissimilar from how ISIS members think/thought. It baffles me how people who claim to love freedom and liberty can think like that.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

You have a good point. We don't have the same presence in the Middle East as before, and certainly have enough troops and equipment to still have a footprint in other theaters.

The landscape certainly has changed, wars more asymmetrical, conventional wars being rare.

But I guess I was alluding to other forms of capital. Public support, quantity of recruits from new generations, money that can be allocated and things of that nature.

I still think we could wax Russia, I was just saying what I mentioned above surely weighs against us more than the fraction of a percent of people trying to get their gender reassigned... Which OP seemingly thinks is the biggest issue right now.
edit on 18-4-2021 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
The tiny percentage of trans in the U.S military (And yes, it's a tiny fraction) Leads me to believe that you're just a bigot.
Sorry to burst your "I hate gheys and Love Putin" bubble. Funny how many people love the "scum bag" in the Kremlin.

Sounds like you're the bigot since you think all trannies are gay.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

Sounds like you're the bigot since you think all trannies are gay.

I have no hatred for gay people or Trans.
You see, that's why I believe I have a better moral standing on the issue.
My opinion is inclusive. The opposite of my opinion is hatred, period.
What's it like to be hateful towards gays? Does it make you feel like a tuff guy?
edit on 18-4-2021 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Perception of our armed forces is a huge issue and the propaganda these days doesn't help. From a British pov I know our army doesn't like gun ho idiots and is extremely reluctant to ever give them a uniform. It's also why they're adamantly against a national service. Good on them, it isn't all about shooting people.

Trans and gays are a non issue, neither is the apparent curtailing of military abilities. As you said the landscape has changed and it's these optics that are most likely better for our militaries.

Spartans were mentioned earlier... Hercules was a myth but it's a fact he had a male lover, a much loved hero in a few cultures, lol is an understatement. Anyways imho the last thing our armed forces should be doing is turning potentially great soldiers away because they don't fit the traditional mold. That mold was broken a long time ago.

I also think individuals who somewhat understand the life of a military person could do a lot more to reset the public's perception of our forces. They're not just killers, the civil projects and humanitarian efforts are often second to non. That said my gov atm love sending in the troops to fix things that should never have been broken and the amount of flag waving they're doing is ridiculous. Bad optics imho.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Russia would take the US military to pieces and send them home quick style in ANY war where the US was the aggressor - i.e. tried to invade Russia.
The opposite is true if Russia was the aggressor.

That applied before Obama ruined the US military and is even more the case now.

edit on 18/4/2021 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
funny thing about this thread: OP lowkey actually got Libs to admit Biden is a LIAR about the threat of Russia.

HAHA HAHA HAHA HA Haaaaaa........

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376
a reply to: underwerks

Regardless of how I feel or don't feel about Putin (actually he is a megalomaniac in my opinion nearly as bad as Pelosi) , or transgenders for that matter (not my business as long as they don't make it my business by flaunting what should be kept in the bedroom and in private)

Biden doing all he can to provoke a war with Russia is downright suicidal for the environment and mother earth.

I know liberals don't care much about people as a rule because they want to depopulate the world to save the environment. But just think how Biden picking a war with Russia might set off nuclear war which could totally destroy the environment, which is much more important to liberals and Democrats than people killed in war.

For the sake of the ONLY thing that is of the utmost importance to liberals/progressives/Democrats alike: I appeal to you on that basis to NOT support or encourage Biden in his very clear effort to start a war with Russia over Ukraine to keep mother earth from being environmentally annihilated through mutually assured destruction of the entire planet. Don't think it won't happen, both Biden and Putin are very old men with too much plastic surgery and botox, who are clearly slightly off their rockers.

edit on 4/18/21 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Funny how Putin has bigger stones than any other "leader" you can come up with. He would personally eat Biden, Merkel, Turdo's lunch, collectively.

And it wasnt just "trans" (whatever that really is) its also their diversity BS.

You think KGB Colonel Putin is worries about diversity? Snicker.

You think any group in Russia would get special treatment to ensure it felt "included" and got 19th place trophies? Or would they shut the # up and do the job theyre being paid to do.

Again, Russia is strong and not afraid to take out its enemies jn public and gruesome ways.

The US and EU worries about diversity, inclusiveness and other nonsense not requires to kill the enemy and win wars.

Hence why Russia is emboldened by liberalism. They can do as they please without consequences, thanks to the weak minds pandering to the unstable elements within our once-cohesive (but now totally separate) societies.

And yes, Orthodox Christian Republic Russia looks pretty attractive compared to how dumpy Westerm civilization has become.

They dont have homeless tent cities everywhere. They dont have problems with 14% causing 50% of crimes. They dont weaken their military to seem more PC.

Theyre so very clearly superior. The fact they managed to bury communism is another testament to their success.

Of course that was when the US knew how handle commies (we killed as many as we could) instead pf coddling them and letting them spread their poisonous lies

Definitely better than those candy # #s to the North. Zero respect for Canada
edit on 4/19/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
funny thing about this thread: OP lowkey actually got Libs to admit Biden is a LIAR about the threat of Russia.

HAHA HAHA HAHA HA Haaaaaa........

Thank ya kindly 😁

Intellectual class my ass

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Their cruise missiles are terrifying UKTruth, I have no doubt in my mind it would be a very bloody but very short war

I dont think for one second liberals have the fortitude or character required to make the call to go nuclear

And our conventional assets are just that...conventional. Sadly the Russians have had us beat there for decades, in armor, in manpower and in the development of new weapons of war to inflict max death on the enemy

Watching how quickly they decimated ISIL and other Islamic groups in Syria should've put the World on notice. When they accomplished in Months what Obama failed to do in years. Only when Trump came along did our support for the radical Islamists attempting to overthrow the Syrian government stop enabling Russia and the US to wipe them put, and corner Baghdadi in a room while he was put down like a sick animal

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Excellent thread.

Our Power has waned a bit, however, I still have confidence in some of the Men and Women of our Armed Forces.

Because I'll tell you what, the shock and awe of America losing an engagement will be the wake up call America needs and probably a pianful reminder and a kick in the rear to get off our collective arses and actually do something reasonable and logical.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Very true Arnie123!! I appreciate your reply
Sometimes they need scared straight

All the propaganda in the world wont help us until people wake up and smell the Russian coffee. The West has failed to meaningfully confront Russia in any way

And now with the Iran war looming (Israel *will* strike) I have a feeling Russia will ride in to save the day at the last minute, solving the Iran nuclear crisis and further reducing our global standing/influence

They are playing for keeps, and the democrats think they get their losses back at the end of the game. Because "equity" I suppose 😂
edit on 4/19/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns The West has failed to meaningfully confront Russia in any way

What the?

The West has stripped Moscow of its area of influence in eastern Europe with the coaxing in of Poland , Czeh, Slav this and that states, ok fair dos....................... The German threat by 1989 was looking to have gone and at least the Soviets had confidence to pull back to their own borders. But the systematic efforts to braek up the USSR then coax over through any means possible the member states of the former USSR like the Baltic states, Ukraine, Azeri's, all the Stan's where possible, even Armenia, well that for Moscow is a push too far and is it any wonder Moscow is beginning to re-arm seriously and get increasingly adventurous in its areas of influence when the above has taken place.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join