It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is election interference wrong?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: network dude

What he's doing is the same as if I stepped up to locate the Tooth Fairy.

Twitter silences conservative voices. Conservatives complain. Conservatives are told, "twitter is a private company and can do what they want." Conservatives realize that is the platform they have championed, and step back to reconsider their options.

One guy decides to step up and make a new platform to compete with Twitter. How successful he will be remains to be seen.

Now, should this one guy be laughed at for trying, or commended? I suppose that depends on how much you believe in the rhetoric you spouted about Twitter being independent and if you want something better, make it yourself. YMMV

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I think the answer to your question lies with the republicans in office before and after said election.

We already had a corporate media controlled by the left, and now we have the executive, legislative, and it seems the judicial also controlled by the left, which of course means the narrative to the American people is controlled.

The republicans should be meeting this controlled narrative head on and in full force, but they aren't. A handful of republicans have made challenging statements, but have taken little action to defend the constitution and get the truth to the American public, let alone push for investigation into Hunter or "the big guy".

It's up to the states and the individual now to seek out the truth and act accordingly. Our republican representatives in DC have become mostly useless to the country, and some of them nothing but RINO's. I should also add that a few democrats have also spoken out, but the price they pay is high when they do.

I have a hard time disagreeing with any of that. It seems the answer is for the elected leaders to grow at least a tiny pair.

link   

I have no issue with him starting a social media platform, I think he's an imbecile for the election fraud stuff.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's kind of what happens when enough people tire of the Trump train wreck. I called this back in April/May of last year, does that mean I was in on the election fraud?

Yes. You were an influencer, tick-tocking the whole time.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Yes. You were an influencer, tick-tocking the whole time.

That's because I'm JFK. Jr posting from the future.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I have no issue with him starting a social media platform, I think he's an imbecile for the election fraud stuff.

fair enough. I just think his willingness to do something is commendable. To date, not many have done more than cry a little.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

All sides use whatever advantage they can, a lot of the tactics are considered fair play so if one considers it all the same then yes, clearly such practices are seen as ok.

You live in a nation that thinks it's A ok for the biggest fundraiser to take the helm. That doesn't happen in the UK but lobbying does, there's plenty of cronyism and gerrymandering here too.

You can equate this to Murder. Either Murder is wrong, or it's not

Is it so easy to apply absolutisms to human morality? Individuals might not make the law but they sure as hell can manipulate it. That said if I shot someone in my house, even if defending myself it would most likely be considered murder because a gun is a deadly weapon, it wouldn't be hard to paint a picture that I had a gun in order to hurt somebody... But if somebody started pummeling me in the kitchen and out of fear for my life I killed them with a knife? Total different outcome, I might get a few years or even maintain my freedom.

Point being the game is rigged but plenty of players know how to maneuver within it and get what they want with reason and within reason. But I'm English and they took our guns so what do I know?

You want fair elections? Make them fair across the board. Very few want that though, what they want is their team to win. They want their perceived enemies to be under the spotlight and happily turn a blind eye to their own side.

If you were serious you'd say your political system has been flawed and abusive for a very long time. It's no different here. Rejoice! It could be worse! At least you don't live under Italian politics...

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The problem isn’t fraud against one side because both sides are guilty, and that is why they aren’t crying aloud. Once the pay to play election is exposed any previous election becomes suspicious of fraud.

None of them are willing to step up and derail their own gravy train.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

You want fair elections? Make them fair across the board. Very few want that though, what they want is their team to win. They want their perceived enemies to be under the spotlight and happily turn a blind eye to their own side.

that's raycist. Black PPL can't get ID or internet.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Pigeons in a hole...

Corbyn couldn't find a seat on a train once, some say it cost him his leadership role. Truth is he probably didn't know how to reserve a seat with an app.

Yeah I'm ageist too

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: RAY1990

that's raycist. Black PPL can't get ID or internet.

Yet they would love for us all to have a vaccine passport. How does that work without ID?

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

In my opinion YES it is wrong to interfere in free elections.

Why do some (CIA in multiple foreign country's including your allies for example and also the KGB also had a dirty hand in it in many) do it, well sometimes your nations regional affairs and long term plan's rest on YOUR selected leader and a regime friendly to you getting into power.

The problem is that when they begin doing this abroad AND are given autonomy and allowed to pretty much run there own affairs without democratic oversight such organisations then begin to interfere with YOUR OWN elections to ensure there own longevity, power and freedom to do pretty much as they wish.

Also in some circumstances were for example a different mind set is present in another nation such as a Islamic extremist mind set that will rig it's own election so that it's own chosen mad mullah leader is elected then in those cases interference can be argued to be justified as it becomes or can become or be construed as an act of self defence.

But generally and practically speaking interfering with election's undermines democracy, installs dictatorship's, reducing freedom and only ever makes the elite rich more rich (except in communist examples were in fact it is not really that different just change out one elite for another in there case the party and it's leadership).

So I would argue that YES it is wrong.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Democrats and the current administration should all be considered enemies of the state, as they spearheaded "election interference themselves and the MSM helped and is still going with the lies. Add all of the republicans to the list as well, and we have what saw then and now.

An illegitimate administration and a criminal conspiracy that has fully succeeded.

Forgot to add in all intelligence, and fed LEO's agencies as well, who aided and abetted these crimes by doing nothing to stop it.
edit on 18-4-2021 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: eta

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

fair enough. I just think his willingness to do something is commendable. To date, not many have done more than cry a little.

What he's doing is not going to lead to anything, but it's his time to waste.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
With that I’m asking, as a country, what have we done to keep it from reoccurring?

There's a TV pillow huckster on the case. The Republic is safe.

I know what your feelings on Mike Lindel are, but I have to admire him for doing something, instead of nothing. Even if you don't like him, or his message, he stepped up, and tried to do something to right what he considered an injustice. Just think if more people would have the intestinal fortitude to at least try.

pillow man is a TV personality and billionaire and it's ok for him to spew his agenda and politics but other billionaires, movie stars, sports personalities should just STFU and mind their own business. right?

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
With that I’m asking, as a country, what have we done to keep it from reoccurring?

There's a TV pillow huckster on the case. The Republic is safe.

I'm glad to see you're over your illness. You seem to be back to your normal self now. (Unfortunately.)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Humm let me think, well after 3 years of democrats screaming Russia collusion with Trump on election interference and impeaching him, because they though it was wrong, now that they are in power the tune have changed, collusion and election fraud is all good, under their regime.

edit on 18-4-2021 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
I'm glad to see you're over your illness. You seem to be back to your normal self now. (Unfortunately.)

Er, what illness?

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's not interference, it's "fortifying" don't ya know?

And it's absolute TYRANNY how multiple media outlets, (FB, YT, etc) outright BAN even the very discussion of the idea that there was problems with the election.

It's groupthink; and the "progressives" support it!

Art. 2 Sec. 1, Cl2 of the Constitution states that ONLY electors can change the voting date.

NOT Governors. NOT Sec. of States. Electors, period.

What is happening is the bona fide result of "If you tell a lie long enough, ppl will believe it".

IMHO, everyone OUTSIDE on Jan. 6th should've went INSIDE, despite the stupidity or ill-wishes of those involved that interrupted the meeting that was supossed to adresse this issue in the first place.

It was, according to TIME magazine itself; despite their wordplay, a coup.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Er, what illness?

It's called anti Trump cult syndrome. Many suffer from it. However they don't want to be cured.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join