It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Fortune favors the bold" . Ingenuity Helicopter first flight Monday, April 19, 2021

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
NASA have just announced that the 3rd flight of Mars Helicopter has been successfully completed.

Third flight in the history booksWhite heavy check mark
Our #MarsHelicopter continues to set records, flying faster and farther. The space chopper is demonstrating critical capabilities that could enable the addition of an aerial dimension to future missions to Mars & beyond.
twitter.com...

Exploring Mars by land and air , exciting time ahead.

edit on 25-4-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Video has been released of Mars helicopter's 3rd flight , Ingenuity going off on a long run.

The #MarsHelicopter is really “spreading its wings” now – even pushing beyond my camera's field of view. Watch my view of Flight #3, as Ingenuity takes off on a long run (164 ft/50 m) down its flight zone and back
twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Flight 4 has taken place but nothing happened , NASA were planning to go even farther and faster with this flight but Mars helicopter wasn't having it , data is being examined.

Aim high, and fly, fly again. The #MarsHelicopter's ambitious fourth flight didn't get off the ground, but the team is assessing the data and will aim to try again soon. We'll keep you posted.
twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Maybe the locals knobbled it because they don't like being spied on?

I'm sure they'll iron out the faults and it'll be up flying around in no time.
(I know I've just made what must be an immensely difficult and complex procedure seem very simple but I think we've come to expect great things from these people.)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The original switching issue was the problem that caused the failure of the 4th test so hopefully by now Mars helicopter has completed its task as NASA scheduled flight four for about an hour ago.

#MarsHelicopter is safe and healthy. Data indicate the rotorcraft didn’t transition to flight mode, which had been a possible outcome. We'll attempt the 4th flight again on April 30. First data expected the same day around 10:39a PT (1:39p ET/5:39p GMT).
twitter.com...

It's time for Percy to move on so either Mars helicopter can tag along or I guess it will be left behind ... it's tough out there on the plains.

I’m headed south to my first exploration zone, and guess who’s tagging along? The #MarsHelicopter and I will be hitting the trail as it moves into a new phase to demonstrate how future rovers and aerial explorers can work together.
twitter.com...

edit on 30-4-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Fourth flight in the bag.

#MarsHelicopter completed its 4th flight, going farther & faster than ever before. It also took more photos as it flew over the Martian surface. We expect those images will come down in a later data downlink, but
@NASAPersevere's Hazcam caught part of the flight.

twitter.com...

edit on 30-4-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join