It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A number of SARS-CoV-2 variants have emerged from immunocompromised hosts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
With a plethora of COVID-related articles and studies www.news-medical.net... may be to go to for those on the hyper pro-vaccine side. That said how reliable are they? Beyond the bullet point, articles listed this new article touts that basically, persons who are immunocompromised are allowing other COVID variants to emerge, thus prolonging the "pandemic". Which has become the mantra among many MSM.
Thus leading to the unending need for different vaccines over and over again. Which to me is BS. I do like this Doctors approach here-noorchashm.medium.com...

New polypeptide could provide universal protection against coronaviruses
Single-dose of Oxford–AstraZeneca COVID vaccine shown to be more immunogenic than natural infection
Small molecule inhibitors of SARS-CoV-2 identified by screening
SARS-CoV-2 viable 21 days in blood, mucus, semen, urine, but just 24 hours in breast milk
Researchers explore an inhalable SARS-CoV-2 nanobody therapy
Researchers discover a new monoclonal antibody that is effective against SARS-CoV-2 variants
Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID vaccine induces cell spikes similar to SARS-CoV-2's
Small molecule inhibitors of SARS-CoV-2 identified by screening
Researchers explore an inhalable SARS-CoV-2 nanobody therapy
SARS-CoV-2 cryptic transmission modeling shows emergence of first wave in US and Europe
Comparative study of SARS, MERS, BAT‐SARS, and SARS-CoV-2
Curcumin nanosystems could be powerful COVID-19 therapeutics
Tapeworm infection drug blocks SARS-CoV-2 damage in the lungs

www.news-medical.net...

A number of SARS-CoV-2 variants have emerged from immunocompromised hosts, research has identified. It is thought that variants of concern - including B.1.1.7, a variant first identified in Kent - were a result of long-term infection in people with a weakened immune system.

Persistent infections in immunocompromised people could cause the virus to mutate more frequently because the person's immune system cannot clear the virus as quickly as the immune system of a healthy person.

Authors Professor Wendy Barclay, Dr Thomas Peacock, Professor Julian Hiscox and Rebekah Penrice-Randal explain the importance of monitoring genetic changes in SARS-CoV-2 for future control of the virus: "As more and more variants appear, we are getting a better picture of their shared similarities and differences and can better predict what other new variants will look like. Putting all this information together will also help us design booster vaccines that protect against as many variants as possible or design targeted diagnostics" they said.

edit on 17-4-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Apr 17 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to tidy up link

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Very good information here, I will have to read some of the sources provided and expand on them a bit to try to figure out which people I know would have a higher risk of mutating the virus. I know a lot of people who are immuno-compromised, most of those people are that way because of cancer in the past or treatments for autoimmune diseases. Quite a few meds dampen the immune response too, leading to longer sicknesses.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Oh great, the Frankenstein Virus and its so-called vaccines have brought more mutations. The gift that keeps on giving.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Careful with that info, people are currently being tapped for genocidal acceptance.

The only part of that said in jest is the suppression of information.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: putnam6

Careful with that info, people are currently being tapped for genocidal acceptance.

The only part of that said in jest is the suppression of information.

I'm pretty sure its just incompetence and overreaction with a little bit of CYA thrown in, not anything sinister. They have 250 million-plus doses of vaccine with a limited shelf life they are gonna peddle that # like it's crack to use all of it.

Not to mention the buzz here in Georgia was in April and May we were supposed to get slammed with more cases from the new dominant b-117 strain. So far it hasn't materialized and they are gonna need to find reasons for this. It isn't the vaccine they just topped 20% totally vaccinated today

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I would love to see the first covid virus isolated.
As of now it hasn't been.
l ink

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Yes.. Mutations have happened and are expected to continue. All one has to do is take a look at www.nextstrain.org they have been documenting the phylogeny from the start and have an amazing interface that visually puts the number of mutations already seen and documented, imo, in a very easy to understand way. Coronaviruses specifically are known to mutate quite often in general even before this specific virus was discovered.

This isnt an attack on you OP specifically but... The idiots who seem to think tuis virus doesnt exist, who act like babies because they are too indignant and selfish to wear a mask, who purposefully go out of their way NOT to follow the very simple and pointblank EASY ways to mitigate the spread... Are a big part of the reason we still havent gotten this to a manageable level in the U.S.

Even if one is healthy, and statistically has very good odds of the virus running its course with no severe effects.... If thst person refuses to get tested, refuses to wear some type of covering, refuses to stay to themselves, refuses to follow the extremely easy to umderstand science and instead doubles down on the childishly immature behavior weve seen from a very speciric demographic.... They are aiding both the increased mutations and extending the amount of time we will all be dealing with this. Not to mention in my personal opinion, directly in part responsible for the number of deathd we have already in this country(U.S) theres a reason weve led the world with infections and deaths....and its that demographic of people and those in charge with the same backwards mentality.

Its a virus. It doesnt care if you believe in it. It doesnt care if you cherry pick numbers to inflate one's own ego and ignore the obvious. It doesnt care if you are so manipulated and indoctrinated that you would rather out yourself, your family , and community at risk because you think you know better than the very professionals who have made it their lifes work studying virology and epidemiology... And insist vaccines are 'the devil' or whatever other new BS propaganda youve been misled into regurgitating as your own thoughts. It. Doesnt. Care.

Its a virus. It will do exactly what it has done the entire time whether one believes in it or not.

There was the same mentality prevalent during the Spanish Flu aswell in a smiliar ignorant minority of the population....they refused masks and whined it was tyrany and dug their heels into their own ignorance because- imo- deep down they were/are simply either too scared to believe in reality.. Or too prideful to admit they were wrong. In the end they were but a footnote im history- the same will hold true (I hope) for the idiots with the same mentality today.

The biggest difference?..... We should know better by now. The amount of infor amd verifiable science available to us now compared to in 1918 would be incomprehensible to someone alive then. At least then it made a little sense to hold those views, they literally didnt know better.

Now....we do. We know better. We have better. Wr should be able to effortlessly do better.... And yet, here we are.

If someone doesnt want the vaccine , then dont get one but for the love of god shut up because no one cares to hear how proud you are in your idiocracy. The reailty will NEVER change solely because someone refuses to acknowledge it. Thats not how it works. Reailty is reailty....whether an adult throws a toddler-like temper tantrum and makes up some ridiculous and asinine argument about ' muh freedoms" or not.

One of the most disheartening amd saddening things ive witnessef over the last few years is how so many people who have genuinely good intentions, and.open minds ( i mean... Its ats afterall lol one needs an open mind to even end up here) have willingly let themselves be so manipulated that they now scream that the sky is green....even though deep down inside they know damn well its blue. Whether its covid or... Other topics in other forums... Its that same pitiful group of people screeching ignorance scross the board.

I just will never understand how so many people willingly have turned their back on science, logic, and reality to the point where they genuinely are ready to risk not only their lives but the lives around them.

As an immunocompromised person myself who has been following this virus since the 2nd week of December 2019, if someone suggested thst this far in we would STILL have so many people abandoning their basic humanity .... I wouldnt have believed it. And im a pretty cynical person by default lol i just.... Have never had so little faith in humanity left as I do now after the last few years but especially since this outbreak.

Again, the "you" isnt you personally OP just in general... I appreciate the info in your post and S+F. granted, it doesnt surprise me but confirms other data released about this specific virus aswell as what is known in general.

I literally feel like im in the twilightzone at this point though with how people respond to ANY thread remotelt on this subject. Especially in relation to the 'conspiracy' crowd- if anything we are the ones i wouldve expected to actually be 'on top' of this situation and the plethora of info that is, and has been since very early on, available on SARScov2.

I almost need a new word that describes the mixture of anger, apathy, and pity i have at this point for those who still refuse to acknowledge the reality of the situation. I just.... Dont even know anymore.

edit on 163057609pm30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: Words.

edit on 183013609pm30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: Words

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: itswhatevWhat a load of state approved nonsense.
You do realise that your sacred virus is SYMPTOMS like all viruses?
Branch Covidians do my head in.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7
Found this article interesting and it reminded me about your thread on PCR swabs.

www.thelibertybeacon.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
a reply to: itswhatevWhat a load of state approved nonsense.
You do realise that your sacred virus is SYMPTOMS like all viruses?
Branch Covidians do my head in.

Smh.

Bless your heart.

top topics

join