It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Jacques Attali ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Trying to find original source or another confirmation on the the quote in red

This is what Jacques Attali wrote in 1981, who was then an advisor to François Mitterrand: “The future will be about finding a way to reduce the population. We start with the old, because as soon as they exceed 60-65 years, people live longer than they produce and that costs society dearly. Then the weak, then the useless that do not help society because there will always be more of them, and above all, ultimately, the stupid. Euthanasia targeting these groups; Euthanasia will have to be an essential tool in our future societies, in all cases. Of course we will not be able to execute people or build camps. We get rid of them by making them believe that it is for their own good. Overpopulation, and mostly useless, is something that is too costly economically. Socially, too, it is much better when the human machine comes to an abrupt standstill than when it gradually deteriorates. Neither will we be able to test millions upon millions of people for their intelligence, you bet that! We will find or cause something a pandemic targeting certain people, a real economic crisis or not, a virus affecting the old or the fat, it doesn't matter, the weak will succumb to it, the fearful and stupid will believe in it and seek treatment. We will have made sure that treatment is in place, a treatment that will be the solution. The selection of idiots then takes care of itself: You go to the slaughter by yourself."

This is the first I've heard of this Franco, and I post this just because it's the first I've read of him, and some of his predictions and viewpoints seem to be part of the global initiative. He certainly has a following in France and his website is a glimpse into possibilities and problems with the Great Reset. No matter the side you are on his website is definitely should be a primer for all. Europe has been a breeding ground for these policies for decades, and their population's overall passivity and complete acceptance are all but assured. Right or wrong I expect it to not be as smooth a transition here in the US or elsewhere like China, the Middle East, or even India and Africa. It seems his predictions are being implemented as policy throughout Europe and America, pretty sure this needs discussing even more than we already have. My feelings even it is the right course of action, doubtful, but doing so now or too quickly is going to cause nothing but chaos and economic depression and we all know what that leads too. It would be more honest to say no changes to the world has ever happened till we have had famine, economic depressions,and global war and we will have to go through another set till we actually get to the great reset

www.attali.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Jacques Attali (French: [ʒak atali]; born 1 November 1943) is a French economic and social theorist, writer, political adviser and senior civil servant, who served as a counselor to President François Mitterrand from 1981 to 1991 and was the first head of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in 1991-1993. In 1997, upon the request of education minister Claude Allègre, he proposed a reform of the higher education degrees system. In 2008-2010, he led the government committee on how to ignite the growth of the French economy, under President Nicolas Sarkozy.

In 2009, Foreign Policy recognized him as one of the top 100 "global thinkers" in the world.[1]

edit on 17-4-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

We will find or cause something a pandemic targeting certain people, a real economic crisis or not, a virus affecting the old or the fat
a reply to: putnam6

I am not fat but live among them in South Carolina. Huge beastie's not just in girth but in height. Many at 7'. Women too!

Covid-19 vaccine is NOT going well with the fat people we interact with such as stylists, grocers, store employees, etc.

We hear it direct from them.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

We will find or cause something a pandemic targeting certain people, a real economic crisis or not, a virus affecting the old or the fat

I am not fat but live among them in South Carolina. Huge beastie's not just in girth but in height. Many at 7'. Women too!

Covid-19 vaccine is NOT going well with the fat people we interact with such as stylists, grocers, store employees, etc.

We hear it direct from them.

Isn't it funny the one thing that has been spot on from the beginning, it's going to hit the elderly and the obese.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What do we do about the YOUNG and obese?

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Interesting read and seems he was a forward thinking person.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They are part of the weak that will go along with it....

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I cant find anything supporting that Attli wrote this. The book someone attributed the quote to doesn't exist.

Still looking, but I think this may just be made up.

He was invited to and attended the 24th bilderberg meeting in 1975.....that is rather interesting considering he was pretty young.....and he was never invited back.
edit on 4/17/21 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

They are part of the weak that will go along with it....

Yea that was the kicker for me and why I started the thread. Well that and pointing out the elderly from the 60 on being drains on the system. Somebody ought to ask Cuomo if he reads Attli

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I cant find anything supporting that Attli wrote this. The book someone attributed the quote to doesn't exist.

Still looking, but I think this may just be made up.

He was invited to and attended the 24th bilderberg meeting in 1975.....that is rather interesting considering he was pretty young.....and he was never invited back.

I'm glad you mentioned this cause I'm looking for this as well, of course, you could see why it might not be something that they would want widely known. It was how I found his website.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If this was legit...I'd probably shave my head and start selling plastic figurines of this guy at the airport.
He'd be a true prophet.

Unfortunately...I can't find anything actually verifying this was said.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
If this was legit...I'd probably shave my head and start selling plastic figurines of this guy at the airport.
He'd be a true prophet.

Unfortunately...I can't find anything actually verifying this was said.

Yea I'm checking too, I added a disclaimer to the Original OP, and I'm looking through his book A Brief History of the Future. While it touches and dances around this topic don't see this direct quote so far.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I am starting to think it may have been from an interview about his book.

Interviews with Michel Salomon, Collection Les Visages de l’avenir, éditions Seghers. "...

That was at the end of the quote that I found.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Appears to be citing this book.....

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Attali is listed as one of those in the book....but I can't find a copy of it anywhere.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Also interesting is it has a single review on Amazon that speaks to the same quote and is from 2018, so we'll before the pandemic.

Could be it is for real....we just have to find a copy.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Comes with TRANSLATE...

etouffoir.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Some research brought up that it was an interview from 1981. It was published in a book by Michel Salomon.

Here are the Twitter threads.

twitter.com...

Correction: this statement is from a lengthy interview with Attali contained in a 1981 book by Michel Salomon, L'Avenir de la Vie. Herein Attali makes the proposal for euthanizing the old and the weak.

Twitter thread contd.:

twitter.com...

From some Italian sources I read that in 1985 he won a defamation case against some magazine or paper "Profils médico-sociaux".

edit on 17-4-2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Found this...(translated):

No, Jacques Attali does not promote euthanasia for the over-65s.

A persistent rumor on the Net claims that the essayist proposes to euthanize the elderly. It has its source in a 1981 book obtained by CheckNews.

FALSE

Hello

You asked us this question, which we shortened:"Is the rumour that Jacques Attali wrote or declared that euthanasia of the over-65s is desirable for society? I've searched and I can only find far-right sites that talk about it, nor do I find the source of this quote."

An ancient rumor:

Indeed, as you notice, the rumor that Jacques Attali promotes the euthanasia of the elderly is widespread on the Net. There are many sites, videos (some dated 2009) and montages that convey it. Several quotations attributed to the essayist are reproduced, sometimes presented in a single block, or sometimes as an isolated quotation, as can be seen in examples below:

This statement has its origin in a collection of interviews conducted by Michel Salomon released nearly 30 years ago, in 1981, entitled"The Future of Life"(coll. Faces of the Future ed. Seghers) in which the essayist had participated.

The excerpts cited (attached to each other and often transformed, almost always decontextualized) come from this book that CheckNews has obtained.At no time does Jacques Attali propose to euthanize the over-65s. But it does address the issues of life extension, suicide and euthanasia.

www.liberation.fr...
(emphasis mine)

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

This makes me want to find the book even more.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

This makes me want to find the book even more.

Apparently, from what I've found...the actual quote used in the op comes from a comment section of an older blog site discussing the entire book.

www.cielvoile.fr...

It is presented with an 'added above' disclaimer from a lawyer associated, I suppose, with Attali...

"Liberation on 121018 speaks of this quote and indicates that it is a shortcut and that nowhere in the book is it noted this thought! His lawyer Kiejman also denies it!"

and is written as a comment "inspired by" a series of out of context quotes from throughout the book...

(Text inspired by the book The Future of Life, Jacques Attali, 1981)

www.cielvoile.fr...

NOTE: Emphasis-mine...Translated from French
edit on 17-4-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join